What do you pay for a haircut?

ZERO, my mom has cut my hair my entire life. Funny part is, when she still had a chair in a salon I was too young to remember, but she's always had a chair in her home, has cut mine and my kids for most of their lives as well.

I have an awesome barber and pay either 25$ or 27$ plus tip. I forget the exact cost. Well worth it imo.

$25 plus tip. I only go like every 6 weeks though.

$0. Bought a pair of Wahl clippers a couple years ago and have been shaving it myself since.

My regular guy is $20, but it is a quick buzz buzz clip clip barbershop.

$15 plus a $5 tip, about once a month. Haircut and straight razor shave on the back of the neck.

I pay $35 for my haircut.

My dad, however, paid for some hair-cutting lessons for my mom when they first got married and my dad considers that his best investment ever. :D

Around here even barbershops are charging $30 for a clipper trim. Seems a bit high to me for something that literally takes maybe 30 mins max. These stylists or barbers can be making $60/hr :oops:

What are you paying in your area?
So the shop I go to is always packed. They usually have 6 to 7 Barbers on hand. All of them do a fantastic job and are just nice "Kids" in general. They have been 19 dollars for 2 years, I went in yesterday and see a new board with new pricing. 30 bucks for a haircut and hot towel treatment. I mean don't get me wrong the hot towel felt great, but it was basically 40 bucks when I walked out the door. This may be a twice a year splurge, need to figure out how to cut my own hair.

I blame Covid restrictions, and overall the cost of living is increasing and you see it transferred to the consumer in the marketplace. I cant blame them, but not sure if those prices will with stand or not.

I guess I'm in the minority. I pay $66 (inc tip) for my shampoo, cut, color, style. Been using this stylist for years. I also only get mine cut every 8 weeks (so it's pretty shaggy when I do go in).

I get a full cut and shave for $60. It takes 1:15 for them to do it all.

Before Covid it was $20, tip included.
Over the past year I'm up to about 9-10 cuts with the $35 clippers I bought. So I'm under $4 per haircut and dropping, and getting better at doing the back while looking in two mirrors.

Since I am follically challenged I will do it myself. If I get lazy then I go to a local guy for $16 before tip. In and out in 5 minutes. Easiest money he ever made.

$15...$20 with tip. He even uses a straight razor to get the back of the neck.

$20 plus tip, includes beard trim, I go every 6 weeks.

Small town, old school barber, that still uses a straight razor for the neck trim.

9.99 coupons to great clips and I don't mind tipping that number if they treat me well and give a better-than-great-clips experience. I've been going there long enough to know what it looks like to cut my hair fast, or take the time to do the right things in what is essentially a less than time efficient way.

I also don't get upset when the cut isn't great, because I know where I'm going haha
Same here... but we never get coupons anymore... I've been just giving a $20 and saying thanks. Its 10-15 minutes every 5 weeks...

I was going to my wife's longtime stylist (like 15 years) after she opened her own shop. Wife still takes our boys there and she's very reasonable but I'm just not really sure she's all that into cutting guys hair. Honestly, the other girls that work with/for her do a better job but I only get them when the main stylist is busy.

Another friend of ours has her own salon... I am amazed at what she makes in tips. Her rates aren't crazy, I don't think her wash cut & color is over $100. She talks about clients giving her $200 per visit? Tips of $200 - $500 at Christmas? I guess it is a full service salon so that's a lot of stuff but she's also selling a lot of them some high dollar products...

Around here even barbershops are charging $30 for a clipper trim. Seems a bit high to me for something that literally takes maybe 30 mins max. These stylists or barbers can be making $60/hr :oops:

$20 for a buzz cut. I would say that $30 is a bit high in the midwest. You are right that they could be making $60 an hour but theres also no guarentee that they are going to get 16 clients coming in every day. Some days they may get 15 and other days they may only get 5 or 6.

I pay $30- $15 for the cut $15 for the tip. (Girl that cuts my hair is family)

$14-$16 and my son just bought a grooming set for $50 and he gave himself a buzz cut. It looks good.

I go to someone that cuts hair out of their house. We are in a small town. She only charges $10. I give her 20 dollars. I tell her she is not charging enough and to raise her price!

Thankfully, nothing. My wife used to be a stylist at an Aveda Salon in MN before we met. Haven't paid for a haircut in over twenty years. To be fair, I didn't really get one for the first ten, either. 🤷‍♂️

Back