What do you pay for a haircut?

About $40 every two years for a new clipper. Haven't gotten my haircut in a barbershop/salon since March 2006. My wife did it until I figured out I could do it myself. She still trims the wolf hairs off my neck.

$16, tipping to $20 for a mid-fade, but I'm also getting a cut every 2-3 weeks. Adds up over time.

If I'm coming off some leave and have a lot of hair to work with, I'll usually hit up a barber friend and spend an extra $5 getting everything edged up nicely.

I've been cutting my own hair since H.S. in the mid '90s. Started as a joke with some friends. Then I realized how easy it was and kept cutting it myself ever since. That said, it used to be fun and I enjoyed it...now it's a pain and I hold off until I really need it cut.

Had one today. They upped the price to 47$ and I gave a 10$ tip. Pricy cut but she did a good job

17+10 tip

Used to pay $15 + tip, but when my barber opened back up after COVID they raised it to $25, happy to pay it help them out.

I’m in the same group of doing it myself. Got a set of clippers we registered for at our wedding and have been cutting my hair ever since. It’s pretty easy as I keep it short so it doesn’t get curly. I have two girls and those can get pretty expensive, luckily one of my daughters is 4 and wants Rupunzel hair so the MIL trims the ends once in a while.

Exactly $0.00 the last year. Wife has gotten pretty good at my Covid cut. :ROFLMAO:

Prior to Covid, I was paying barber $35 plus $10 tip.

I've been doing it myself for nearly 15 years.

I cut my own with the Flowbee.

Not kidding and yeah, they're still in business. Use a beard trimmer for the neckline.

Pay to get a hair cut? You guys should get them all cut, I get a deal doing it that way. Sorry...hope that joke hasn't already been made in this thread 😏

But to actually answer the question, $20 plus tip.

Since covid, nothing. About eight weeks in I bought a Wahl clipper set. I set the clippers to the longest setting possible, then use the angled ear trimmers on the sides, go with a four guard rest of the head and then the wife comes in to shape the neck and check for quality. Takes like 20mins. I use my patented cut a hefty bag in half and tape it over the bathroom sink method to catch the hair for quick clean up.

Not the most stylish cut, but gets it done and the wife is good with it...

Once every three weeks seems optimal for maintenance.

Just had my first haircut in over a year. $30 cut + $10 tip. Chopped everything off, warm towel, massage chair and shampoo, then solid shoulder/neck massage. Worth it.

I just love the range and variety of answers in this thread... pure THP gold... I answered the other day (about $20) but wanted to add I went about 2 months last year and let a covid hangout buddy (we hung out exclusively with another couple when things were shut down) so the cost was a bottle of tequila and the guy who is a mechanic by trade did a helluva job. My wife had done a couple of trims so it was actually closer to 3 1/2 months before he went at it with some clippers and scissors one night. After enought shots to not care much we laughed about it and he said "I can't believe you actually let me do that!" then he bragged that it looked pretty good and I should have paid him much better... I do have a head of hair that doesn't really matter after a week or so but it was kinda funny.

$60 plus tip. Wash, cut and blow dry. I have very thick naturally wavy/curly hair and keep it cut fairly short. It takes a real artist to cut it so it looks good for about 6 weeks. With a bad cut on a humid day it can look like Shirley Temple on acid.

$25 with tip

25 including tip.

45 for a straight razor bald fade, beard trim, and straight razor neck shave. Plus a heavy tip because she’s freaking awesome.

Last edited:
$24 for just the cut.

$15, my sister has a salon in her basement!

Back