What do you think of these clubs?

Buckeyegolfnut

Reaction score
Handicap
About a 14
In the paper today I spotted a classified for a set of golf clubs. Tour Edge Bazooka 470, Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 4 iron thru GW, and bag. Says like new condition. $300. Anybody have any experience with these clubs? Any reviews, What do you think?

Well if Bazooka 470 means 470cc it’s not even golf legal.

I’ve seen that brand only at Dunham’s, never on the course or at a pro shop.

I’d think if you have your heart set a little price negotiation may be in order.

For $300 a full set is hard to beat but I don't know much about the bazooka to give a full thumbs up

Well if Bazooka 470 means 470cc it’s not even golf legal.

I’ve seen that brand only at Dunham’s, never on the course or at a pro shop.

I’d think if you have your heart set a little price negotiation may be in order.
Tour Edge is a fantastic brand. The Bazooka line was always an accessible and solid line for intro players or those not wanting to spend a ton. The new HL line offers the same in a truly high performing package.

Of course it could come down to the bag but if a matched set (hold a sec...)

Ok a new set with bag (it ain’t ugly, but it’s not a Masters Staff Bag) is going $550.00 and I didn’t realize Tour Egde made them.

The only thing I really remember about the Bazooka driver was it having about the whippiest shaft in it ever. It would take Buddha to time that thing with anything over a 90mph swing speed. My opinion went up a little when I put Tour Edge with that name but only a little. They probably won’t brewk and you won’t like them? That’s about as good as I can do.

Maybe a decent deal though with new going for almost 2x that if looking for a starter set.

Tour Edge is a fantastic brand. The Bazooka line was always an accessible and solid line for intro players or those not wanting to spend a ton. The new HL line offers the same in a truly high performing package.

It’s been so long since I held one that I forgot they were made by TEE. I addressed that below once I went looking.

My opinion changes only in that they won’t come apart at the seems most likely, and it’s a decent setup for a starter. The Bazooka driver I swung at Dunham’s just wasn’t a fit for me with its willow branch shaft. But some people have better timing than me and could make it work.

It’s been so long since I held one that I forgot they were made by TEE. I addressed that below once I went looking.

My opinion changes only in that they won’t come apart at the seems most likely, and it’s a decent setup for a starter. The Bazooka driver I swung at Dunham’s just wasn’t a fit for me with its willow branch shaft. But some people have better timing than me and could make it work.
Remember, those clubs are designed for the masses, and most benefit from a shaft in that flex realm. We are by far and away the minority.

Remember, those clubs are designed for the masses, and most benefit from a shaft in that flex realm. We are by far and away the minority.

You might be, lol, but I’m not exactly smitery anymore.

Once I researched some I got it, and they’re not as bad as I remember from my one time swinging a Bazooka driver. I’d stand behind TEE, even in their “made for brand” as at least being clubs that won’t break outside of an anomaly.

I swung a lot harder then but I still think that was one of the more bendy shafts I ever swung.

I'm on my third set of TE irons. They are just as good as anything else on the market.

I don't know much about the 470 model, only that they were sold as a complete set. I think they even came with a bag.

$300 less a little negotiations sound like a pretty good price.

I played a set of Bazooka QL hybrid/irons for almost 10 years. I wasn’t playing a lot then but I really liked them and considered them one of my better purchases

Just buy em.

Of course it could come down to the bag but if a matched set (hold a sec...)

Ok a new set with bag (it ain’t ugly, but it’s not a Masters Staff Bag) is going $550.00 and I didn’t realize Tour Egde made them.

The only thing I really remember about the Bazooka driver was it having about the whippiest shaft in it ever. It would take Buddha to time that thing with anything over a 90mph swing speed. My opinion went up a little when I put Tour Edge with that name but only a little. They probably won’t brewk and you won’t like them? That’s about as good as I can do.

Maybe a decent deal though with new going for almost 2x that if looking for a starter set.

Well, I'm 68 and have been playing for better than 50 years! That said, I don't swing nearly as fast as I used to. I figure my Driver at about 85. A couple years ago my buddy, who is the same age, bought a set of Wilson Staff irons from a local shop on close out. They were equipped with A flex graphite shafts, and he hits the living crap out of those clubs! I suppose it couldn't hurt to call the guy and ask a few questions. The one thing that put me off was the "bazooka" name. Kind of seemed gimmicky, like the "Hammer" Driver, or the "Warrior" hybrid! I've noticed that the top line clubs don't carry such monikers.

Kind of seemed gimmicky, like the "Hammer" Driver,

One does not speak about this “Hammer” driver.

We’ve all owned one and we’ve all made sure no one on the planet knew it.

I’m talking like night time ninja range sessions, asking your buddies to look away when you tee off, etc.

Edit: I of course did not.

I have never owned a Hammer driver, but my buddy did! He also owned a Warrior hybrid! The dude is hopelessly golf addicted. One time we were playing and he's trying to get that thing to work, and not having much luck. No one is pushing us so I asked to try a tee shot with it. Teed up a ball, took a few practice swing, and caught it DEAD SOLID PERFECT! The ball took off like rocket and I hit it nearly 300 yards! This convinced my buddy to keep up the effort. Later in the season he's still trying! But, after a particularly frustrating round from the tee, we were walking to our cars and passed by a pickup truck with an open bed. He took the Hammer out of his bag and put it in there! He said, "Let that damned thing drive that guy crazy!"

Back