What do you think of this?

F.N.G

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
So, in the search to find different looking ways to do things that have been done for a long time. I came up with a different looking way to finish a putter face. What do you all think of the look of this? It's just a 6061 test to see how everything looks before cutting it out of stainless. The body is pretty close to a Newport 2 in shape. But the finish on the face was the big departure. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20210414_104533.jpg
    20210414_104533.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 88
Very interesting.

Will it wear well?

So, in the search to find different looking ways to do things that have been done for a long time. I came up with a different looking way to finish a putter face. What do you all think of the look of this? It's just a 6061 test to see how everything looks before cutting it out of stainless. The body is pretty close to a Newport 2 in shape. But the finish on the face was the big departure. Thoughts?
It looks awesome! Puts me in mind of the faces on YES! brand putters from years ago.

I like it!!

I like it. Reminds me of the milled Cobra driver and FW faces!

Have been seeing a number of faces like that on social media as of late. Some seem to like it.

Have been seeing a number of faces like that on social media as of late. Some seem to like it.
Here is one.

Is the center of the swirl aligned with the actual sweet spot and if any alignment dots our lines?. Seems it could get tricky to make all of those sync up?

But, I do like the look.

Is the center of the swirl aligned with the actual sweet spot and if any alignment dots our lines?. Seems it could get tricky to make all of those sync up?

But, I do like the look.
Yes on both. The center dot it the size of the larger dimple on a prov1x. Then from bottom of putter to center of ball is at that height as well. Then the circles get progressively larger .002" as they go out till 1.0" then grow at a different rate. No idea how it will wear but on the mock up the ball seems to come out straight.

Definitely different, but interesting.

That looks cool. Did you mill that? What are you going to call it?

Lajosi has done a similar spiral for a few years but it’s not grooved. It’s a cool look.

Back