What does your dog hate?

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I swear my dog hates buzzards! Every time she sees one she goes nuts. I was walking her this afternoon and she spots one in a tree close to where we turn at. She's a strong dog and has already yanked me off my feet once. Today she nearly pulled me up the tree chasing after that buzzard. :beat-up: It was like a hornet bit her on the arse and she took off at warp speed up that tree while dragging me right behind her. From now on, I'm dodging every buzzard I see. Hmmmm, I wonder if that buzzard was eye balling my old arse and Roxie was protecting me. :bulgy-eyes:

Any people outside the house.

Cats and the Dust buster

When I pause TV and there's a large face on the screen my beagle goes freaking nuts barking. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer...

Any people outside the house.

Nope. She looked directly at the buzzard like she had pure hate for the ugly rascal.. There were a few by our yard the other day eating a dead squirrel and she went berserk over them too. They kind of look scary so maybe she goes into protective mode.

Bluejays or anyone who walks by there fence

One dog hates cardboard boxes, and that's literally about it. The other dog hates everything.

Fireworks & thunder. Absolutely hates it & she hides every time.

My current dog really doesn't hate anything like that, but my dog growing up HATED people with beards and black people. It was the craziesr thing, she would give any of those two hell whenever they were anywhere near our house. My uncles had beards and my next door neighbors were black so it's not like she wasn't socialized towards them, but even as a puppy she HATED our neighbors.

Oh I forgot to add after we had walked up the road a good ways and turned around to head back, she keeps looking towards that same tree even though it's a good ways off. We get to the corner where we turn back and the buzzard is still up in the tree. She goes nuts again and it took all I had to keep her grounded. Darnest thing I ever seen from a dog. Maybe when she was a pup she had a bad experience with one. :confused2:

Anything sizzling on the stove, scares the heck out of one, our other hates not being in contact with my wife or I, if we are sitting or laying down, she will squeeze in between us.

People/dogs walking by
Vacuums
Listening to me

Enough for now...

The vacuum. Anyone touching his paws. The mail man. Anyone else considering walking up to the front door, including those walking or running by on the sidewalk. Taunting. Dancing. And bunnies.

My blind dog doesn't hate anything. He was pretty mellow before losing his sight, but he's become even more docile now. He loves to play fetch ... so I suppose he's a lover, not a fighter. He used to hate being groomed (a Husky in SC means he sheds a lot, which means he needs to be groomed alot) but since he went blind, he accepts it now ... maybe he figures he has nowhere to run to now. Not sure if my Norwegian Elkhound hates anything, but you couldn't tell it when people walk past the house. He barks almost constantly, which sort of negates his usefulness as a watch dog (because everything is seemingly an emergency). My mutt, he hates any attempt at the other two dogs to dominate him. He's the smallest but scrappiest of my three dogs and if he isn't growling over one of the other two dogs standing over him, or encroaching on his food bowl.

As far as I can tell, the only thing my dog hates is leaving her grandparents' house. My in-laws live nearby, and they take care of her almost every week day. My FIL, who has mild Alzheimer's, will ask my MIL to drive to our house to pick Sophie up in the morning so he can hang out with her all day. Their house is a lot more fun than ours, because there are a couple dogs and cats there, and she gets spoiled like crazy. When we go to pick her up, she almost always tries to tug on the leash to stay a little longer. We are definitely second fiddle to the in-laws with our own dog. My wife works from home on Wednesdays, and Sophie will constantly go to the front door where her leash hangs, hoping someone will come rescue her from the boredom.

VEmKDt.jpg

One of our dogs hates every noise possible. She doesn't get angry at noises or anything, she gets scared. Literally got scared of her own fart once!

Our other dog hates specific dogs that walk by the house, not all, but certain ones must give off a bad vibe or something. Other than that he's pretty chill. Doesn't even mind the vacuum.

Doesn't like her paws touched, have to take to groomer for nail trimming.
Hate's her twice a day eye drops, it is a battle.

Commences barking at the sound of a another dog or person she does not know.

she is a sweetheart though!

One of our dogs hates every noise possible. She doesn't get angry at noises or anything, she gets scared. Literally got scared of her own fart once!

Our other dog hates specific dogs that walk by the house, not all, but certain ones must give off a bad vibe or something. Other than that he's pretty chill. Doesn't even mind the vacuum.

Now that's funny right there! :laughing: I can visualize a little dog cutting one, hopping up in the air with eyes bulging and looking like, "WTF was that"...lol

For some reason my dog hates Tiger Woods...not the person, the game. She doesn't bark at any video game, except Tiger Woods. She sits there, growls at my guy (that I created) and barks when I swing. I've had 3 or 4 versions of the game on 360, and she's barked at every one. She doesn't bark at regular golf on tv...or anything else on tv for that matter. Just that one game...it's weird.

He hates seagulls, baths, the vacuum cleaner and the Vet.

Thunder. My dog goes crazy and barks out the window any time we get thunder.

Doorbells, most people, other dogs and dog food. He only eats cat food these days it seems.

Our dogs next door. I have 6 year old brother and sister German Shepherds that are the most peaceful, docile dogs in the world. I've got videos of them with our kids from when they were babies to 5 years later that would melt your heart...but when those dogs next door are outside, they turn into Cujo.

The vacuum. You'd think it was Frankenstein.

Any loud noise coming from outside that he can't see and also having someone stare at him without saying anything. If I pause the TV with someone's face on it Bruno will growl and bark at the TV.

Back