What does your police blotter show...

NullNomad

Golf Course Miscreant
Reaction score
Handicap
work
Figured this would be a fun way to add to the torture for those of us unable to play golf. I looked through the San Antonio police blotter to see how many golf related calls there were, so far I found six. How about your area?

1586357809005.png
1586357841622.png
1586357871269.png
1586357892134.png
1586357917662.png

Attachments

• 1586357682652.png
    1586357682652.png
    3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1586357706530.png
    1586357706530.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 1586357736890.png
    1586357736890.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 9
if you live on the golf course and lets say there's a green in your back yard, can you go chip and putt when the course is closed? what happens then?

if you live on the golf course and lets say there's a green in your back yard, can you go chip and putt when the course is closed? what happens then?

Here, you would get a visit from the cops. Notice from my home course specifically mentions not to do it lol

Thats crazy. Who is reporting all this stuff?

In Massachusetts it would be an issue if the course can be seen from the road. The state has threatened to prevent regular maintenance if they find members playing the course when it is closed.

Here, you would get a visit from the cops. Notice from my home course specifically mentions not to do it lol

Man that sucks, like no one else is around, you pay all those fees, higher price for the home to be right on the course, etc

I wish there were some exceptions, like a golf course, you can only go out in a twosome , have to walk, etc

Thats crazy. Who is reporting all this stuff?

In my area I know of one small business owner that was on the news complaining about how she has to close and "those old privileged men are still playing and goofing off". So that being said... people like to complain about stuff.

Man that sucks, like no one else is around, you pay all those fees, higher price for the home to be right on the course, etc

I wish there were some exceptions, like a golf course, you can only go out in a twosome , have to walk, etc

You and I think alike, but unfortunately for us they've closed up, suspended dues/fees, and told us to just sit tight...

Figured this would be a fun way to add to the torture for those of us unable to play golf. I looked through the San Antonio police blotter to see how many golf related calls there were, so far I found six. How about your area?

View attachment 8936306
View attachment 8936307
View attachment 8936308
View attachment 8936309
View attachment 8936310
My friend Bobby is a member of Sonterra. He said some busybody b**ch called the cops on the course. Bobby said she was a small business owner and didn't think it was fair for golf to remain open if SHE had to close...

He said the course caved and now they can't play golf.

My friend Bobby is a member of Sonterra. He said some busybody b**ch called the cops on the course. Bobby said she was a small business owner and didn't think it was fair for golf to remain open if SHE had to close...

That might have been the one I saw on the news, I didn't catch the course that she was complaining about.

Usually it's people who just want to watch the world burn. That small business owner? I'd never step foot in her establishment again.

That's right up there with people who buy golf course property and get mad when you hit your ball in the rough towards their house. They yell at you for being in their yard when you're on the golf course side of the OB stake by a club or more amount.

The calls may be coming in from doo gooding busybodies that follow the "see something, say something" mindset... or "if I can't do this, I'm telling on those doing that!"

Usually it's people who just want to watch the world burn. That small business owner? I'd never step foot in her establishment again.

That's right up there with people who buy golf course property and get mad when you hit your ball in the rough towards their house. They yell at you for being in their yard when you're on the golf course side of the OB stake by a club or more amount.

Shoot I don't care if im less than a ball from the line. If I'm on the right side of that stake/paint line ill give them the ole stink eye right back and tell them to take it up with someone who cares. Had it happen once. I was in bounds, but just barely. Dude was on his porch and said, you can't play that ball, you have to drop it farther away from my yard. I showed him the stakes and told him nope and swung away. He threatened to call the cops for trespassing and all that.

I have a friend who lives on an older course in the area. the 3rd green is actually on his property (yeah strange I know). So there is an easement for the course to play. So he set up some lights and polls so that at night when the course is closed he can turn them on and pitch and putt. It is awesome!! Th course also takes care of his back yard as part of the deal.

Shoot I don't care if im less than a ball from the line. If I'm on the right side of that stake/paint line ill give them the ole stink eye right back and tell them to take it up with someone who cares. Had it happen once. I was in bounds, but just barely. Dude was on his porch and said, you can't play that ball, you have to drop it farther away from my yard. I showed him the stakes and told him nope and swung away. He threatened to call the cops for trespassing and all that.

I got chirped at for being within 6ft of the white stake. People need to learn their property lines a little better.

Illinois courses have been shut down for a while now and on these scanner Facebook pages for my area I’m seeing at least 1 call every couple of days. Doesn’t help that it’s been gorgeous weather here (over 70 degrees) the past week or so.

I’m a member at Berry Creek in Georgetown and Sonterra is One of our sister clubs. We actually got our new Assistant pro from them. Our club is open for golf, tennis, and curbside Togo. They are doing a bunch of good stuff to comply but we still have city officials and police officers driving by to check.

In Minnesota.

Farmington-Police-SUV.png

My wife's, cousin's back yard opens up into 4th fairway of the old Desert Rose course. It has a new name now. "Sunrise...something"

He was out there hitting balls, and two Metro Cops rolled up on him. They told him the only reason he was not going to be ticketed, or jailed was because he live just few feet away. That, and it was his last warning.

It was too bad for him. I have golfed with him, and know for a fact he needs all the practice he can get.

When I read the thread title I thought it meant my personal police blotter. My first reaction was "F*********** you" :ROFLMAO:

My course has a huge fundraiser scramble for our Mayor every year. He has been mayor for 12 years now. I doubt anyone is closing this place down 😂

In Massachusetts it would be an issue if the course can be seen from the road. The state has threatened to prevent regular maintenance if they find members playing the course when it is closed.
I was thinking of going to my club and walking to a hole not visible from the street.
It's crazy and I decided against it. I really don't like talking to the popo if it can be avoided.
What is crazy is people calling the police!

None around here. They’re still under 18-24” of snow. I saw the greens crew shovelling snow off the greens today though!

Back