What driver release most intrigues you?

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
We are on the verge of the slew of the releases actually being available to all of us. From the info provided here on the forum, the internet reviews and the hype, which of the new driver releases has you most excited?

Intrigues me in terms of what it's going to do on course, Epic Max LS. I've had good and consistent results with it in testing, but it's a little larger looking profile than my last couple favorites, higher MOI, etc, so I'm curious how the data will stack up once it has quite a few rounds under it's belt.

In a more general sense I'm really curious to see who and how people play the RAD offerings this year. They've obviously as usual gone slightly their own way with development and I'm curious how that's going to shake out with the current equipment trends. Especially the ball changes happening this year.

Most intrigues me? Probably the Mizuno offerings. This is because I already know that the new Rad driver from Cobra would be amazing considering I’m currently playing the F9. Also because I’ve never tried a Mizuno wood and this year they look very, very good.

Is definitely the Radspeed for me, definitely intrigued about what it can bring to the table. Am expecting great things when I hit it!

RADSPEED for me. Time to find out if I go XD or XB....or maybe the standard????

RADSPEED for me. Time to find out if I go XD or XB....or maybe the standard????
Then all you need to do is figure out what weight configuration, and what shaft, and length, and setting, and grip! The tinkering never stops :ROFLMAO:

I am excited with the new Callaway Epic Max LS the most, currently play the EF Sub Zero and with the lower spin of the LS it will best help with my higher spin swing. Plus the addition of added forgiveness, that is a bonus. I have embraced a slight fade vs, the occasional “left”, for me has become a swing away, go to shot....which I want off the tee.

Second (tie) I like what I read/hear of the Cobra Radspeed and never hit a SIM last year so would like to try one this year although my heart belongs to Callaway.

The new Callaway would be top of the list for me to try, to see how it compares to my Epic Flash Sub Zero

Outside of that, I don't really have major cravings for any of the others apart from maybe the Titleist TSi range - the TM SIM and Cobra drivers just haven't performed well for me over the last few iterations, so I don't have the interest in those

Most intriguing to me is the Srixon ZX drivers. It’s almost a given the Cobra and Callaway are going to be solid. Srixon made some strides last go round but the new series could really help them take more of a step forward in the driver market.

After hitting the Titleist lineup yesterday I'll go with those. I'm still curious if the fitter can get the Epic LS dialed in and really want to hit the new Cobra lineup.

ZX5...but buying is on hold while i recover from vet bills :rolleyes:

Definitely the Radspeed and probably the XD. I’m someone who can benefit from a draw bias.

Definitely the Radspeed and probably the XD. I’m someone who can benefit from a draw bias.
Have you tried the B21 yet John, I know you were looking at it but can't remember seeing anything beyond that?

Radspeed - since I already use the Cobra SZ an upgrade is always promising. I do have several shafts that can be tested too.

Have you tried the B21 yet John, I know you were looking at it but can't remember seeing anything beyond that?

The B21 definitely remains on the radar. I hit it several times indoors back in October. (a handful of shots at a Dick’s) My swing wasn’t that great and it was hard to tell how it performed. It felt good. I’m planning on hitting it outdoors sometime before the season starts.

And I want to compare the Radspeed to the Xtreme I played.

Radspeed.

I’m just going to say all of them. 😁

I have hit epic max sl, sim2, and g425 lst. Even though I was an evil sound hater with the new Pings, I could play any of those with a little time to dial in fit. And I am excited to try the new divers from Cobra, Srixon, Mizuno, and Titleist. I don’t expect that any driver stands out head and shoulders above the rest, but holy cow are there a bunch a great options!

RadSpeed for me please !!

I can’t wait to hear what the G425 sounds like. I am usually not influenced by sound and this seems to set the watermark to see if I really care about sound.

I would have to say the Epic family but mostly because I have some shafts already with Callaway tips. I have done a Titleist fitting for the new drivers and couldn't beat out my current driver by enough to justify a spend. My guess is that none of the new offerings would make that jump either. I do have what appears to be a well fitted Mavrik so I am in a pretty current driver.

Wow, ok, I'll be the first, Taylormade SIM 2 Wanted to see the difference from SIM and vs RapidSpeed and TXG did not let me down. Looks like there is no reason for an upgrade in this cycle of updated drivers. My current SIM is almost identical in distance.

Back