What driver release most intrigues you?

I'm going to look at the G425 and TM(haven't tried one in years). @erock mentioned that the G425 face is closed, if it is, that's a disqualifier. If nothing else suites my eyes, I'm staying with my G400 MAX.

Ping G425 Max. Went from a Ping G400 LST to a G410 LST. The reviews have convinced me to try the G425 Max instead of the LST due to the forgiveness of the Max.

I'm going to look at the G425 and TM(haven't tried one in years). @erock mentioned that the G425 face is closed, if it is, that's a disqualifier. If nothing else suites my eyes, I'm staying with my G400 MAX.
Hard to top the G400 Max. That one is so good.

Already gaming a TSi3 and love it...but I tend to have a wandering eye that is looking straight at the G425 Max, Epic Speed, Sim 2 Max, Mizuno ST-X, RadSpeed and the Srixon Zx5.

I contacted CC locally here and told the fitter I'm waiting on booking my driver fitting until he has the LH heads in stock I'm interested in.

I'm looking at putting my Ping G400 MAX up against the new Ping G425 MAX, Cobra Radspeed and Radspeed XB. Plenty of value with great shafts included in these.

1. Mizuno St-X (also comes with free premium aftermarket shafts) and is unbeatable for the price IMO 🤑
2. Titleist TSi3
3. Cobra Radspeed.
4. Srixon ZX7
Let's also not forget the new Tour Edge stuff!

Last edited:
Srixon Zx 5 and 7 drivers, and I am intrigued by the Cobra Rad Speed. I never played Cobra, but this release intrigues me.

Short answer is all of them. Mostly curious about Callaway, Cobra and PING, but also interested in the Srixon and Mizuno lines. Assuming I have a swing worth a damn next week, I'll have some feedback on a handful of them!

It is slightly closed at address, but lowering the loft one notch made it sit perfectly square for me. I was seeing slightly higher launch/spin at stock 9* so lofting it down to 8* was a win/win for me. If launch/spin is a concern, I'd expect the 10.5* head lofted down would also sit neutral.

Prior to seeing all the heads SIm2 and the Ling g425 were probably the 2 that intrigued me the most. Since seeing everything and hitting the new Callaway range as well as the Sim 2 briefly I am purchasing the Epic max LS. The other driver I want to try is the Cobra Rad speed. Hopefully it won’t make me want to purchase it as well

What was the deciding factor with Callaway over SIM2?

i dont think i will buy a new driver this year (got the SIM in 2020), but If I was, the most interesting ones this year are Callaway Epic Speed LS and SIM 2 would be my primary options

What was the deciding factor with Callaway over SIM2?

Good question, I played sim last year and really liked it. Also, I haven’t liked a Callaway driver since the xr pro 16 and 816 dbd and after hitting the LS I was pretty impressed with both the sound and feel. Also helped that I was seeing a fairly high ball speed for my swing with good dispersion. I’m pretty sure if I spent more time with the sim 2 I would get similar results. Also, even though I don’t mess around with adjustable sliding weights after setting I like having the option to do so. I’m guessing TM brings some sort a adjustability back in their next line

I have great things about all of them. I would like to try the TMade and of course Callaway.

I am most interested in trying a draw biased driver. Specifically the RadSpeed XD or maybe BB21.

TSi line, ZX5 and a dark horse that I would really like to demo, D9 Wilson

Back