What Email Client Do You Use?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Whether it be Mac or PC, what are you using and what do you like or not like about it?

I just use apple mail. While I'm sure there are more feature rich products, its simple and easy to use for my needs. On the phone I use gmail and a product called Edison Mail.

Mostly Apple mail app on MacOS and iOS. I have about 5 accounts I manage there. I also use Chrome web browser for a couple of gmail accounts associated with Gsuite for a project. I have tried other apps with more bells and whistles, and they aren't my thing. Email is a scourge. I am ready for a post-email world.

• Admin
I just use apple mail. While I'm sure there are more feature rich products, its simple and easy to use for my needs. On the phone I use gmail and a product called Edison Mail.

I like Edison Mail on iOS. Been using AirMail on Mac for a number of years, but their latest update is horrible.

I use Outlook on my desktop. It does what I need and it's part of Office 365. I'm really frustrated with my email provider (Spectrum/Road Runner) in that some billing statements in particular won't deliver electronically, and it's nobody's fault. amazingly.

I use Apple Mail on my iPhone, because I've never moved it over to Outlook on the phone. Outlook seems to be more feature-rich, but that could be because I'm more familiar with it.

I like Edison Mail on iOS. Been using AirMail on Mac for a number of years, but their latest update is horrible.
Edison does work well, is there a desktop version? If so maybe I'll try it out.

• Admin
Edison does work well, is there a desktop version? If so maybe I'll try it out.

There is. Might have to download and find out.

Outlook/Gmail

Outlook w00tw00t!!

I use Apple mail for all my serious needs. G Mail for potential spam producing sites where an email address is required.

I use Outlook on my desktop. It does what I need and it's part of Office 365. I'm really frustrated with my email provider (Spectrum/Road Runner) in that some billing statements in particular won't deliver electronically, and it's nobody's fault. amazingly.

I use Apple Mail on my iPhone, because I've never moved it over to Outlook on the phone. Outlook seems to be more feature-rich, but that could be because I'm more familiar with it.

^^^^^ This it's alright

I tried both Yahoo Mail and GMail but I like having everything in place.

Gmail.. It works well enough.

Outlook for business, otherwise I just use whatever webmail I need, depending on what email address I'm using.

Mostly Outlook, but I do have a gmail account and yahoo account as well.
I prefer Outlook due to all the bells and whistles it has.

Work I have to use Outlook. It's ok I guess.
Apple mail on my cell and iPad.
Outlook client on my laptop.

99.9 % of my email is done on my phone. I have the aol app on it. I have been with aol since forever. I have a gmail acct, but I don't know how to access it. My wife uses yahoo on her phone.

"IIAB,DFI".

I use Google Mail and Calendar at work and it stinks. I much preferred outlook. For home use I use the Apple client either on my iPad or phone. Every once in a while I look at the Yahoo web based client but mostly use the ipad.

outlook and gmail... gmail used to be the best, still high regard due to integration in the Google Sphere/platform that everything talks.

gmail. through their app on my phone and through the website on PC.

For whatever reason, I do not want a client on desktop. Guess I get enough of that from work already.

Gmail web for personal and work email at this point. It provides enough organization for my needs. I live in other tools like Slack more than email these days anyways.

A little off topic, but I use the Gmail app for iOS as well, which is passable. I still think the best mail app for iOS is Outlook, I honestly just don't need the functionality these days.

Outlook for Mac OS and iOS for my work email. I hate that the company auto schedules meetings without asking. ;). I do like the auto treading of conversations on Outlook. I use MAC mail on my iPhone for my Gmail account and browser for it on my laptop. Yes I sync call clients, but I still think im a bit old fashioned and want a the accounts separate.

On desktops and laptops I use an email client probably most of y'all never heard of: Claws. It's an open source email client. Doesn't have many of the bells and whistles many "mainstream" email clients have. Doesn't do HTML mail by default. That, to me, is the advantage: Because it also doesn't have the security vulnerabilities that come with those fancier, dancier email clients ;)

On iPhone and iPad I'm using the native iOS Mail app. I hate it. It handles push notifications only with Apple's email server--and not reliably with that. It sometimes loses its mind and forgets how to put a copy of sent email in the Sent folder, for example. It has absolutely no way to show full email headers, which makes the better-crafted scam emails difficult to detect. It has no way to allow you to craft a tagged (aka: "plussed") sender address. The only good things I can say about it is it mostly works and learns your filing habits. I've tried to find alternatives, but the iOS email client landscape is pretty barren, compared to Android. (Android K-9 Mail rocked.)

I downloaded and am testing out the Edison mail on my desktop. Its not bad so far

I downloaded and am testing out the Edison mail on my desktop. Its not bad so far
My Lord! Have you read their privacy policies? I took one look and deleted that thing off my iPad immediately. You're authorizing them to collect, analyze, etc. any and all information that passes through the app, including personal information, no matter what server(s) you're using.

Back