What Equipment Are You Seeing In Other’s Bags

MonroeBob1955

Reaction score
Handicap
With recent discussions on equipment movement/impact, I thought it would be interesting to hear what you’re seeing in others bags. Is a specific brand or model standing out? Are the majority playing the latest, or is the tried and true still in their bags?

For example, with drivers, it’s quite apparent to me that the most common brands on the tee box is Taylor Made, earlier M series, followed by Callaway, various models (a lot of Epics and Big Berthas).

Irons and wedges are all over the board, as I see no specific brand dominating people’s bag.

Putters seem to be majority of Anser style, with Scotty’s dominating the older crowd.

Bags are easy as the Sun Mountain bags, both cart and stand, far more common, specifically the C-130.

Balls, Titleist for sure, followed by Callaway.

What are you seeing played by others?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have seen more SIM drivers than Mavriks...hardly any Mizuno or Srixon irons...mostly TM, Callaway and Titleist...Callaway and Titleist seem to be the most popular balls. Bags seem to be pretty mixed...

There is a major run on Cobra SpeedZone drivers in my circle of golfers.

Woods. A lot of Taylormade and Callaway. Some old Nike. A decent number of Cobra F9 Drivers.

Irons. Callaway predominantly with Taylormade. A few sets of mizuno and ping. Mostly see GI classes irons no matter the skill level. SGI and Players cavity are present at a reduced level. Blades are rare.

Hybrids. Adam's still kicking around here. Usually see at least one hybrid in the bag. Driving irons are rare 5 woods are somewhat common.

Wedges. Vokeys, Clevelands, and Callaway seem to win the count. Generally on the older side. SM5/6, RTX2, and MD3

Putters. All over the place. See scotty and odyssey the most. Ping has a respectable amount. TM has a fair amount as well.

Ball. Callaway definitely leads this followed by Titleist. Titleist is more common in tournament rounds. Bridgestone and Srixon pop up in tournament rounds a lot as well. TM usually has some presence. Snell has made a few appearances along with Volvik. TopFlites and Pinnacles are always in the woods.

Other trends. A lot of single brand bags. Ping and Titleist show up more when I do tournaments but not as common in random rounds. PXG is more common than people think especially living in a military and veteran town.

There is a major run on Cobra SpeedZone drivers in my circle of golfers.
Came here to say this. Cobra drivers and Bridgestone golf balls are the hot items among the AZ THPers.

im rural but i will say this the course i play the pro shop has titleist and callaway, clubs, drivers, wedges, cameron putters. the country club here on the other hand is a little different imo, they have mizuno and ping with cameron putters. vast majority here is titleist and callaway, with some of the two.

I'm seeing a lot of Mavrik orange around here. Speedzone stuff probably second. I've started to spot some more CBX, too. The rest you kind of have to go bag diving to see sometimes.

I think a lot of this is geo-specific. It will really depend on what the local shops sell or what’s available in your area.

For instance, there’s a TON of TaylorMade up here, but that’s because of what the pro shop sells.

P790 irons. Mainly because when the 2 guys I regularly play with saw me hit mine, they both promptly went out and bought sets.

Younger players tend to have single brand. Some Titleist brands in single digit players.

Otherwise, a lot of Callaway, Taylormade and Ping equipment.

Vokey and Cleveland wedges.

Lots of different balls.

Drivers - Epic Flash very popular. I haven’t seen too many 2020 releases in any bags.

Irons - I play with 8-12 guys on the regular. Strange that I don’t pay attention to their irons - I can easily recall their drivers and putters. And I can easily club what they should use from certain distances, but have no recollection what branded iron they are hitting. I haven’t seen a Cobra iron in a while, though.

Putters - mixed bag - Spiders, Odyssey 7, Scotty Newports, Ping Ansers.

I play with a few Ping heads and Callaway guys. The best player I play with plays Mizuno MP-15’s and Titelist 913 woods.

Balls - Titleist - most guys do the customized 4 for 3 deal organized through the pro shop. The pro shop keeps the orders from the previous year on file and folks just tell them to order the same thing.

I see a ton of Taylor Made stuff. M5 and M6 irons and drivers.

Also seen a lot of Epic Flash drivers at range recently. Think some people did what I did and upgraded driver this year with Epic Flash.

Depends on where I play. You if that club deals more with a particular mfg then that is what you will see. For example, my club only sells Titleist balls so that’s what most people play. They had a Srixon demo day about a month or 2 ago and at least 4 guys(myself included) ordered some new clubs. You rarely see any Cobra anything around here because there is no dealer. Plenty of Titleist, TM, Callaway, and Srixon/Cleveland stuff though.

I think PING metal woods are slightly more common than any other specific brand around here, especially so at the driver slot. TayloMade and Callaway would be pretty close and round out the top 3 for metalwoods.
Nothing stands out for irons that I've noticed.
Vokey and Cleveland dominate the wedges and Titelist is by far the most played (and most found) ball here.

Our new pro is a Ping guy. I think we may see more of those in the future. He's had a couple demo days in the last 6 months. I had never hit a Ping iron before February, but the G410s were really nice with their Alta CB shaft.

I've never actually paid attention, so have no real idea. Although now, I'm going to be scoping the bags of everyone I see at the club and tally up :LOL:

One of my best friends is a Nike rep so I see a lot of Nike clubs still in play at my course. I have noticed more and more PXG, but TMade and Callaway drivers are leading. Odyssey putters and irons are all over the board.

I am UK based so a slightly different view from over here especially when we are only 15 miles away from ping Europe’s HQ so fittings are easy.

Drivers - Ping without doubt the most popular and in nearly every bag. I know a few that play Titleist and one F9 player and I am the only Mavrik player at the club.

Irons - same story here with nearly everyone playing Ping. There are a couple of Taylormade M5 players and Titleist players and again only me I have seen with Apex 19.

Wedges - Titleist Vokey but again stoked at the club...

Putters - odyssey & Scotties leading the way. Scotties for the blade players & odyssey for mallets. Odd Taylor-made spider dotted around. Nothing special 😭. I’m going Toulon in next few months and again will be only one 🤣

Balls - Pro v’s, Srixon & Callaway.

In our little group, I see Callaways, and Titleist products. Most of those club sets are several years old, as are the golfers who use them. .

When playing with people I don't know, I don't pay much attention to their equipment brands. All I can go by are their head covers. Most of those are generic covers. Usually they represent the golfer's college, or favorite pro sports team.

I see a few oem club staff bags. Again like Callaway, and Titleists

As for balls, the majority are either Titleist, or Bridgestone.

P790 irons. Mainly because when the 2 guys I regularly play with saw me hit mine, they both promptly went out and bought sets.
This has happened in a few circles I play with. One person got P790's then several others got them. They seem to be the favorite of the distance first crowd.

Back