What food are you best known for cooking?

pizza and lasagna!

I. The kitchen its breakfast. And the rest for me is BBQ.
My bbq chicken is famous with both sides of our families.

I also grill veggies a little d steaks and chops very nicely.

As for my wife. It was a prerequisite that she make a good Sunday sauce and meatballs for the pasta dishes. Thankfully she really does make it delicious

Family and friends ask for my baked beans when we have gatherings. It's made with Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage and is outstanding.

Just for my wife and I, our favorite dishes are chicken pot pie and a chicken enchilada casserole.

I make a pretty mean margarita as well, I am told.?

The only time I'm allowed in the kitchen is to make chili. I'm sure it's not "award winning" but it's pretty damn good.

Pasta Sauce

I'm a soup man. Ham n Bean, Split Pea, Chicken, Lentil, Beef Vegetable, Ministrone

My take on Bourbon Chicken has been called decadent.

Some highlights....
Raisins soaked in good bourbon over night.
Chicken breast
Onion
Heavy Cream
More good Bourbon
Served over rice

Thick Cut Steaks and Chili.

Burgers and steaks on the charcoal grill and wings in the air fryer.

I lived in NC for a few years in the late 70's. I learned how to do Eastern NC Que. Pulled Pork with the red pepper ACV sauce. It is unusual up here in the Chicago Burbs. So folks around me know this.

Szxvtfx.jpg

EYwTvlx.jpg

r19d22L.jpg

None ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Golfers Stew.....A thick seafood dish that everyone raves about

Definitely the BBQ Salmon! Could be done Cajun, BBQ, Teriyaki or just plain old butter, dill, salt and pepper!

Thai style. Tom Yum Goong (shrimp soup), Pad Thai, red curry. I grow my own thai chilis.

Pasta Sauce

Adding pork shoulder to your list soon! ;)

This is kind of a loaded question for me.........I go through phases of what all i like to cook or not cook kind of with the seasons. It's kind of funny when we have friends or family over or even if i end up cooking at someone elses house, I don't eat that much if at all after cooking, I enjoy seeing others enjoy the food and their facial expressions when they truly enjoy it.

Breakfast - Biscuits & gravy, enchiladas & eggs, chiliquiles, and cant leave out the blueberry donut french toast.

All others - Wife loves roasted poblano & asiago soup with home made garlic croutons, korean beef bowls, Texas BBQ, Pastrami Short Ribs, okay gotta stop before this goes on and on.

I just love to cook anything and everything.

We share the cooking in our house, but there are a few things that I will always cook if we have them

Teriyaki salmon with noodles
Sea bass with miso risotto
Steak

I am really good at stove top cooking. I get the temp right and have a good sense of when things are just right and how spice will taste. Some things people generally compliment me on are my soups, bacon (everyone says I get it just right), eggs, grilled cheese, pasta sauce, and cajun rice toppings.

I have to admit I think of myself as a great cook. My specialities tend to be Cajun foods.

I lived in NC for a few years in the late 70's. I learned how to do Eastern NC Que. Pulled Pork with the red pepper ACV sauce. It is unusual up here in the Chicago Burbs. So folks around me know this.

Szxvtfx.jpg

EYwTvlx.jpg

r19d22L.jpg
Im surprised you don't have a pellet grill. Fo that slow smoke cooking for things like that as well as bef briquette, etc...

Overtime I have gotten really good at smoking a brisket and making my own homemade BBQ sauce. If it was in a pinch and I had to put something together, it would be my chicken tacos with rice and charro beans. My mom taught me the recipe a long time ago and I've perfected it over the years.

Im surprised you don't have a pellet grill. Fo that slow smoke cooking for things like that as well as bef briquette, etc...
Big Green Egg, lump hardwood charcoal, Apple wood for smoke. A couple of shoulders take about 11 hours. I setup the BGE for 230*F. Works great!

I'm really good at making things up from whatever is on hand.

I have a good understanding of what tastes good with what.

Our favorite meals are when I go to the fridge and pantry and grab whatever I find and whip something up.

Back