What Gets You Excited About Golf in 2022?

I'm excited someone might eventually find the Golden Ticket in the mystery bags...

New clubs! Reunions, and warmer weather.

Hoping this is my year for a THP Experience (shocker).

Beyond that, I'm really excited for our upcoming season of the AZTHP league. We've got a new league champ (@echico) and a new league member (@dhorist2319) and hoping to add a couple more (@Bowtiepower00 and @MSH134 👀) We kick everything off this weekend and I can't wait (I'm even teeing it up with our new member this week!).

Also looking forward to teaming up with @Roadrunner again and defending our title in the charity event that @echico and his wife set up to benefit Ryan's House. Such a great cause and a fun time. We'll have our work cut out for us this year, for sure.

Looking to become an official member of my club (more of an honorary member at the moment) and competing in member events this season.

Which brings me to another thing I'm looking forward to this year. Taking more days off from work to play golf. I work for a small mom and pop operation. They do well but we're typically not staffed to the point that work for missed days can be easily re-scheduled without working really long hours or weekends (a huge f***ing nope) to make up the work. We've recently certified a couple of new guys that will alleviate the obligation (self imposed) to "help out the boss". Before now it was all on me. Now, Ive get a little back up. I'm looking forward to a few golf centric 3 day weekends (maybe even a couple mid week golf hooky days). I can count on one hand how many sick days I've taken in the last three years (and I was SICK) and I've taken ONE vacation in that time that I had to bracket over a weekend so that I didn't "miss the whole week". This year is going to be more about me and less about a self imposed obligation to my boss' problems. Fortunately, he's a great guy and appreciates my dedication so he has no issues with it. The bummer is that, on a commission based pay scale, the days I miss is pay lost (I have no paid time off). I'm o.k. with giving up a couple K this year to actually enjoy myself for a minute.

Other than that I'm excited to pull the trigger on my new set of wedges (just gotta clear a little more cap space before I slap $450.00 on wedges) and giving the new Odyssey putters a roll.

Other than that, I'm not excited about much. :LOL:

Lots to be excited about, that's awesome. Best of luck getting those scores down! And enjoy the time on the course with your girls. I take my boys out, and my 4 y.o daughter keeps asking to go on a date to the golf course, so 2022 might be the year I get her out too. Just need to find some LH little kids clubs!
FWIW, when I was searching for a set for my grandson, I ran across a TON of LH junior sets (lots of girly colored ones, too) on ebay. 👍

Being a part of the Rivalry is the big one. That'll be an insane amount of fun. But I just started golfing in July/August so I'm mostly excited to improve and play more. My goal is lofty as I'm nowhere near but I'd like to shoot under 90 by the end of the year.

You got this, brother. 👊

FWIW, when I was searching for a set for my grandson, I ran across a TON of LH junior sets (lots of girly colored ones, too) on ebay. 👍
Haven't looked much, but I will definitely check there! Thanks

I feel as strongly as ever that my game should noticeably improve this year. I've been taking lessons and practicing even through this winter, and I've enjoyed the process and the progress.

Hoping this is my year for a THP Experience (shocker).

Beyond that, I'm really excited for our upcoming season of the AZTHP league. We've got a new league champ (@echico) and a new league member (@dhorist2319) and hoping to add a couple more (@Bowtiepower00 and @MSH134 👀) We kick everything off this weekend and I can't wait (I'm even teeing it up with our new member this week!).

Also looking forward to teaming up with @Roadrunner again and defending our title in the charity event that @echico and his wife set up to benefit Ryan's House. Such a great cause and a fun time. We'll have our work cut out for us this year, for sure.

Looking to become an official member of my club (more of an honorary member at the moment) and competing in member events this season.

Which brings me to another thing I'm looking forward to this year. Taking more days off from work to play golf. I work for a small mom and pop operation. They do well but we're typically not staffed to the point that work for missed days can be easily re-scheduled without working really long hours or weekends (a huge f***ing nope) to make up the work. We've recently certified a couple of new guys that will alleviate the obligation (self imposed) to "help out the boss". Before now it was all on me. Now, Ive get a little back up. I'm looking forward to a few golf centric 3 day weekends (maybe even a couple mid week golf hooky days). I can count on one hand how many sick days I've taken in the last three years (and I was SICK) and I've taken ONE vacation in that time that I had to bracket over a weekend so that I didn't "miss the whole week". This year is going to be more about me and less about a self imposed obligation to my boss' problems. Fortunately, he's a great guy and appreciates my dedication so he has no issues with it. The bummer is that, on a commission based pay scale, the days I miss is pay lost (I have no paid time off). I'm o.k. with giving up a couple K this year to actually enjoy myself for a minute.

Other than that I'm excited to pull the trigger on my new set of wedges (just gotta clear a little more cap space before I slap $450.00 on wedges) and giving the new Odyssey putters a roll.

Other than that, I'm not excited about much. :LOL:
Lots of good stuff in there! Looks like you are well set up for a great 2022!

I really enjoy the mid week take a vacation day and get a round in. Glad I have the flexibility to di it in short notice, something that I take for granted.

I feel as strongly as ever that my game should noticeably improve this year. I've been taking lessons and practicing even through this winter, and I've enjoyed the process and the progress.
Here's to the payoff! Best of luck, and enjoy those 2022 rounds!

I think not knowing what the year will bring is exciting. At this time of the year... in the dead of winter, it's easy to believe there will be some sort of substantial change in the upcoming year. It's more likely that any change will be minimal or that it won't be any different at all. But the thing is, I never know. Hell, it could be so bad that I finally give up, or so good that I'm playing the best, most enjoyable golf of my life.

I think not knowing what the year will bring is exciting. At this time of the year... in the dead of winter, it's easy to believe there will be some sort of substantial change in the upcoming year. It's more likely that any change will be minimal or that it won't be any different at all. But the thing is, I never know. Hell, it could be so bad that I finally give up, or so good that I'm playing the best, most enjoyable golf of my life.
Lots to be excited, or scared, about this year haha. But in the end the challenge, which keeps a lot of us coming back, will be present. This much is certain. Hoping you see more good than bad!

All of my news clubs!

The putters and drivers are going to get used! A lot!

All of my news clubs!

The putters and drivers are going to get used! A lot!
Yes, I would certainly be excited about those new Callaway clubs! Excited to see how they play for you, and to see how low you can go with them!

Always look forward to the good times out on the course with my buddies
Meeting and playing with more THP'ers
Want to make a few of the AZ THP Crew events
The chance at a THP Experience is always exciting!

The days getting longer! golf is the primary reason I stay tuned to the sunset, once it starts getting later than 6PM you know it's close!

The days getting longer! golf is the primary reason I stay tuned to the sunset, once it starts getting later than 6PM you know it's close!
Well said. I noticed the other day the change in the right direction, which always helps when the suns out too. But I too am looking forward to those longer days!

Always look forward to the good times out on the course with my buddies
Meeting and playing with more THP'ers
Want to make a few of the AZ THP Crew events
The chance at a THP Experience is always exciting!
Lots of THP in there, love it! Best of luck getting into one of those coveted Experiences!

Getting my son out on the course for the first time.
Member guest SZN.
Wisconsin guys trip.

I feel like I'm going to play some really good golf this year and I'm super excited about that. My last couple of seasons I've struggled pretty bad for me and I don't really have a good reason for this feeling but I'm going to have some great rounds.

I'm also really looking forward to getting my daughter on the course more often. I'm going to commit to taking her out on weeknights for the range or short game area and hopefully squeeze in a few holes also. She says she wants to play and I want to help her with it.

I have played in 3 different league events (2 leagues) and have won once, real close to winning a second, and played OK in the third. I feel like the game is coming into its own right now. Always need to work on it but I think I might have a good year.

This gets me excited about '22 ⛳️ besides the KC jersey.

Haven’t been in a THP Experience for 3 years despite trying to get into most of them, so the thought of getting in one in 2022 is pretty dang exciting!

New equipment, playing more, and meeting more members. This community makes playing for me personally so much better.

Back