What golf achievement were you the most proud of in 2019?

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is it a score, a shot or just your overall improvement?

I just checked my new World handicap card and noticed I didn’t have a score above 79.
As someone that doesn’t get a lot of time to play and practice. My time and game management have come a long way! 3EE08DE0-A622-4260-B28C-5F01A0C43450.png

I had 4 rounds in the 70's. That's the first time I've ever had multiple sub-80 rounds in one year.

A side from a very lucky par 3 ace, not having any golf related injuries was a big deal for me. That and not having any other non golf injuries that kept me from swinging a club.
Congrats on your ace! I am aceless currently. The no injuries is great, too!

Making a tricky four foot downhill putt for par on my last hole played last year to finish with 3 consecutive pars and to shoot 39 for that 9.

Getting back into golf in 2019, I broke 100 for the first time, hit the bottom of the cup on the fly on a par 3 (closet I've been to a hole in one), and have lowered my rolling average below 100! That last one is what i'm most proud of. Setting sights on breaking 90 in 2020.

Getting my scores somewhat consistently down into the 90s in my second year of golfing. Long way to go and still have my blowups but, happy with my progress.

I had a pretty good run of "low for me" scores in June and July (several rounds in the 80s including a near personal best 82), then my game went south for the rest of the year, so no real performance based "most proud of" for 2019. I guess I would have to go with being able to participate in The Budget Golf Championship, and the Lake Tahoe Open, with a bunch of great people from THP. Although I didn't play my best, I did hit some good shots, and made a bunch of friends.

Winning the longest drive competition at a scramble tournament in the fall. The first guy hit hybrid and made the fairway, so I was able to unleash one. Soon as I felt contact, I knew it was smoked!

I actually had several (including most under par rounds and in a year) but the top had to be shooting a personal best 66 (-6) about 2 months ago. Previous PB of 67 occurred about 38 years earlier.

Turning 55 in a couple of weeks so definitely won't be able to wait 38 years to beat that. ?

The first thing that came to mind is finally getting my driver under control and playing an entire round without taking a penalty off the tee.

That I didn't give up the game completely after a horrendous season

Scoring 74 and 75 on back to back days. Then the obvious of making it on Team THP for TheGrandaddy.

Getting back into playing regularly this past summer and improving enough that I am shooting in the low 90's with my eyes on breaking 90 very soon.

from a non-playing perspective, I was awfully proud of the work @JB and I did with Range Days last year, so much so that it's coming back as bigger and better this year which is awesome.

I didn't score well however I drove the ball better that ever with Epic Flash.
I had two highlights:
1. I had one of my playing partners text me after a round and tell me how much he enjoyed the "Strip Show" I put on.
2. Drove my first Green - Wasn't far and it was wind aide however I still put in on the green.

Back