What golf achievement were you the most proud of in 2019?

Tie between shooting 73 twice or briefly touching a HC in the 3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winning my flight in the first tournament I've ever entered. That felt really good. Game went to :poop: for awhile after that for some reason though :LOL:

Beating AJ and Finley in Budget Golf Championship for the wedge. That was our team’s goal going into it and we got it done. Most every other team did as well, but it was still something I am proud we achieved

Playing my best round of 92 on a Par 72 course when my previous best was 102. Sometimes things just click. :D

Sounds like @vdubtx and I are in the same boat. i came back after a few years away and have been back and shooting similar scores to him. Probably proudest that I haven't thrown in the towel after a few rounds, but have recently shot a couple of 90's and hoping to be regularly in the 80's very soon.

Finally fixed my takeaway. It may seem like a small step, and there are many more to go, but I’ve all but eliminated the “big slice” from my game.

Beating AJ and Finley in Budget Golf Championship for the wedge. That was our team’s goal going into it and we got it done. Most every other team did as well, but it was still something I am proud we achieved
Most...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Illusionists!

Playing my best round of 92 on a Par 72 course when my previous best was 102. Sometimes things just click. :D
That is fantastic! Now to get a round that starts with an 8!

Finally fixed my takeaway. It may seem like a small step, and there are many more to go, but I’ve all but eliminated the “big slice” from my game.
Eliminating that big miss is something that will help you on every shot. You can make a confident swing not having to worry about it anymore!

I did nothing of note on the course but felt I represented THP well in my first official event. I played like poo, but took the site along to the best of my abilities and didn’t make too big of an ass of myself on or off the course.

At age 73, shot a round of 71. When I put my score into GHIN I got a message which essentially said, “Are you sure?” Obviously not near my normal scores.

Shooting my handicap and winning low net for my team On the Conservatory at the Odyssey Experience and putting up my best score in 12 years. Gross 77, net 65.

Three for me:
1. Playing with my Dad. He is the best and every round I get with him is the best.
2. Winning the club championship after not having played in it for two years.
3. Shooting a 6 under 29 on the front 9 of my home course. I’ve never been so dialed in in my life. I even had the audacity to go for the par 5 9th in two, standing in the fairway at 5 under. Managed a miraculous birdie on 9 from a tough position for my third.

I’m most proud of my daughter earning her way into a few varsity matches last year as an 8th grader. The experience of playing at regionals last May has her really excited for this golf season to begin once her Nordic skiing season is over. We should have golf here in another 75 days!

I walk 99% of my rounds. Being in my mid-60s I need the exercise. I walked 36 holes a couple of times, which I thought was my best achievement last season.

I didn’t play much at all in 2019. I probably could count the rounds on one hand, so I didn’t really have any accomplishments. If I have to pick something it would be a birdie I made (I think the only one for the year). It was the best hole of golf I’ve ever played. I hit hybrid from the tee about 215 and straight. Hybrid again for about 200. Pitched onto the green from 60 or so, then made a hard curving, 15 foot putt for birdie on the par 5.

I broke 40 twice at my local 9 hole city course with a 39 both times. Was nice to finally be in the 30's for nine holes as short lived as it was.

I don’t think I did anything to be proud of if I’m totally honest LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My chipping and putting improvements. My chipping game has grown in leaps and bounds since I started serious practicing. I still have a long way to go, but man is it much better than it was.

I'm going with a combo of things.

Overall improvement has been a big one for me. I've worked really hard to get to "average", i.e. a 15 handicap. I'm pretty proud of that, actually, given I've only been playing 2 years.

I'm also proud that I have helped some people in their golf and life journies this year, in ways big and small.

I'm also proud that I managed to redeem myself at CDA on Sunday when I shot a pretty darn good score for me, after pooping the sleeping area on Saturday.

Finally, winning my first event on the GolfWeek Amateur Tour was pretty special.

Only trying 5 sets of irons last year is a big win....

Back