What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB mentioned fairwaystyles.com yesterday... I had a bunch of Sligo in cart and shipping was only 4.95....

Great store. But they do not have quite as good a Sligo sale as their home store does I do not believe.

Great store. But they do not have quite as good a Sligo sale as their home store does I do not believe.

You're probably right... All the stuff I had in cart matched sligo's site though.. Worth checking anyways..

Oh, and I bought a Titleist hat today... photo.. right side, second from the top..;

images

You're probably right... All the stuff I had in cart matched sligo's site though.. Worth checking anyways..

Oh, and I bought a Titleist hat today... photo.. right side, second from the top..;

images
what store has all those colors? or website?

what store has all those colors? or website?

I bought it at Golf Galaxy. They had the tan, green, orange, and both blues.

Just checked their website, and it looks like they don't have it online... Just in store.

Cobra S2 Driver with Fujikura Max Fit on stiff shaft.

Just bought the Ping s59 irons and a G10 driver. Have to say they are very sweet. My previous club purchases were in 2001 and I have to day the new-ish techology sure does make a difference. Wonder what Bobby Jones woulda shot playing a set of modern irons!

After a long debate as to who was going to make me a brand new, hand made putter, I finally made my choice and gave them a call. That's when the decisions really started, haha. I had to decide on the shape, colors, neck, shaft, grip, face milling, stamping, weight and all the spec's, I'm worn out. But, the first step is done and the fun part is yet to come. I as guessing I've looked at over a thousand putter pictures and have changed styles 20 times, but between restrictions of cost and styles in design that lend better to my putting stroke, this may turn out a bit on the bland side for some of you. Nothing super far out, yet just enough class was always in my mind.

I was told by several other people who took the time to discuss this process with me, that seeing your very own design come to fruition is an incredible thing, once it arrives. So, over the next few weeks I should be receiving a series of hands on progress pictures to share with everyone. Cross your fingers everyone and hope, along with me, that I chose wisely. I will share more as the first pictures start trickling in.

Tiger Woods '11

I haven't owned a video game system for 5+ years... when I picked up my PS3 decided I needed some what to play golf this winter!

Ping G15 irons w/ S300 shafts. Hope to have them by Saturday!

I do though...how is the game for xbox? I have TW for Wii

I actually have no idea... I would have probably picked it up if a number of THPers had it.. Could make for some interesting online games haha

Blu-ray player. That's why I have a ps3 and not an xbox

Oh, definitely.. I have one of those too, just don't like the online features.

My Recent Pickups
An :adams: 9032 TI 3 wood Voodoo NV regular shaft
and an Alpha Version 5 25* hybrid to fill the gap in my iron game
Picked up an older Odyssey 2ball white hot putter as well today....

Last edited:
SuperTri is out and sold to a fellow THP'er, I'll let him tell you. 4DX Evolver is back in, should have never left to be truthful, it still stands its ground against newer stuff.

Also, that money has/will secure my purchase, a Lajosi Didge Center-Shaft. Yes.

So I stopped in one of the local golf stores today and picket up another Nickent Hybrid (18.5*) for only $20. While I was there I went to the section with the shafts and such to ask about Miyazaki shafts and shaft testing. I was suprised when the guy said they do not deal with them and had no idea what I referring to with their shaft testing program. I would of thought the largest golf store in the area ( 50+ stores in Calif and Arizona) would of known or had some dealings with Miyazaki. Guess I will keep searching for help with shafts.

SuperTri is out and sold to a fellow THP'er, I'll let him tell you. 4DX Evolver is back in, should have never left to be truthful, it still stands its ground against newer stuff.

Also, that money has/will secure my purchase, a Lajosi Didge Center-Shaft. Yes.

It was me!!! SuperTri finds home in the sunshine state. The SuperTri/Fubuki combo is in full effect. Thanks, JMan!

It was me!!! SuperTri finds home in the sunshine state. The SuperTri/Fubuki combo is in full effect. Thanks, JMan!

boom! nice spank. have you hit the 3w/fubuki combination yet?

So I stopped in one of the local golf stores today and picket up another Nickent Hybrid (18.5*) for only $20. While I was there I went to the section with the shafts and such to ask about Miyazaki shafts and shaft testing. I was suprised when the guy said they do not deal with them and had no idea what I referring to with their shaft testing program. I would of thought the largest golf store in the area ( 50+ stores in Calif and Arizona) would of known or had some dealings with Miyazaki. Guess I will keep searching for help with shafts.

well, on the bright side, if the yare that dumb check all of the sales bins for a shaft

boom! nice spank. have you hit the 3w/fubuki combination yet?

Yes and it feels right but I'm still adjusting to it. I really need to go to the range with it rather than the course. I hit the R9/Fubuki and when I get the ST I'll get my ball flight where I want it. 9.5 wasn't doing it for me.

Yes and it feels right but I'm still adjusting to it. I really need to go to the range with it rather than the course. I hit the R9/Fubuki and when I get the ST I'll get my ball flight where I want it. 9.5 wasn't doing it for me.

Im sure the fitter went through this and fit you for the correct one, but make sure if not, you try the shafts out because the R9 and the SuperTri are VERY different in terms of spin and have caused so many to do shaft changes. I had to completely change my shaft when I switched heads.

Im sure the fitter went through this and fit you for the correct one, but make sure if not, you try the shafts out because the R9 and the SuperTri are VERY different in terms of spin and have caused so many to do shaft changes. I had to completely change my shaft when I switched heads.

what did you do to the shaft? Change the international flex code? Didn't you have the Miya Blue in your R9?

what did you do to the shaft? Change the international flex code? Didn't you have the Miya Blue in your R9?

Changed the Flex code and got a different shaft completely (went from Silver to Blue). Something just was not right with the first shaft in the SuperTri. The high Spin was causing my launch angles to be too off. When I got on the monitor, it was all the spin. Changed the shaft and I have been good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back