What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Kentwool Tour socks and Travis Mathew belt & buckle.

Trav-A-Lite Ultima II Travel Bag & Cover from TGW.com for trip to Maui in December.

epoxy so I can glue an R9 sleeve on my Project X shaft.

My wife picked me up 2 Puma hats. They are that Ricky Barnes type of look. I can't decide if I like them. I will wear them no matter what. She put a lot of thought into choosing them.

hehe, I have a couple of shirts like that, clam ;)

Sort of broke up my all TM bag. Bought some Mizuno MP-53, 4-PW will pick them up tomorrow. Very sweet feel. And a couple of weeks ago got this back from BOS. The black weights bring the headweight up to 355grams.

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg
:D

Sort of broke up my all TM bag. Bought some Mizuno MP-53, 4-PW will pick them up tomorrow. Very sweet feel. And a couple of weeks ago got this back from BOS. The black weights bring the headweight up to 355grams.

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg
:D

drool...that looks great.

As I promised, I did a bit of OEM'ing yesterday.

I have had a new putter on the brain (not that I don't like mine), so I headed to two golf stores to see what they had and roll some balls. I've been wanting something that isn't a mallet, so I mostly tried anser-style and heel-shafters. I could't get comfortable with the blades, but something about the heel-shafted spoke to me. After trying every thing I could, I decided that my favorite was the White Hot Xg #9. Closely behind it was the Cleveland #2, but the difference for me was the grip and the feel of the Odyysey insert. Comfort, I suppose. The best part is that I saw a used #9 and was able to trade an XG Teron I had in the basement straight up. In other words, I did some OEM bartering lol! I cleaned it up and it is SHARP! I can't wait to get a THP headcover for it :)

OEM Sunday Part II consisted of price shopping for a wedge. I found a great price on a brand new TM XFT 50.6° wedge (76.00 due to a sale!) at TGW. Woooot! My bag is almost complete (until May hehe).

picked up a Nike Unitized Tiempo off ebay from 3ballsgolf for 30 bucks. Listed in very good shape. The nice thing about ordering from 3ballsgolf for me is that they are within the overnight shipping service for UPS ground, so it should be here tomorrow. Sending my ghost off to Vibrant to get "upgraded."

nike-tiempo.jpg

The Unitized feel great. I've been wanting to pick one of these up for a long time. Fantastic deal!
picked up a Nike Unitized Tiempo off ebay from 3ballsgolf for 30 bucks. Listed in very good shape. The nice thing about ordering from 3ballsgolf for me is that they are within the overnight shipping service for UPS ground, so it should be here tomorrow. Sending my ghost off to Vibrant to get "upgraded."

nike-tiempo.jpg

The Unitized feel great. I've been wanting to pick one of these up for a long time. Fantastic deal!

Yeah I think so too. I've been wanting to try a blade putter again after using a Ping CrazE and Ghost for the last 4 years or so. Nike Method 003 is on my xmas list:egyptian:

solid pick ups Hawk!

You will not be disappointed with that putter in any way!
Yeah I think so too. I've been wanting to try a blade putter again after using a Ping CrazE and Ghost for the last 4 years or so. Nike Method 003 is on my xmas list:egyptian:

As I promised, I did a bit of OEM'ing yesterday.

I have had a new putter on the brain (not that I don't like mine), so I headed to two golf stores to see what they had and roll some balls. I've been wanting something that isn't a mallet, so I mostly tried anser-style and heel-shafters. I could't get comfortable with the blades, but something about the heel-shafted spoke to me. After trying every thing I could, I decided that my favorite was the White Hot Xg #9. Closely behind it was the Cleveland #2, but the difference for me was the grip and the feel of the Odyysey insert. Comfort, I suppose. The best part is that I saw a used #9 and was able to trade an XG Teron I had in the basement straight up. In other words, I did some OEM bartering lol! I cleaned it up and it is SHARP! I can't wait to get a THP headcover for it :)

OEM Sunday Part II consisted of price shopping for a wedge. I found a great price on a brand new TM XFT 50.6° wedge (76.00 due to a sale!) at TGW. Woooot! My bag is almost complete (until May hehe).

nice work dude! i know you wanted some advice about the #9's and i think you bought the one that has the best overall insert in it, at least imo. funny how we're both going in different directions. you're finding yourself moving towards the blades and i'm finding myself leaning towards the mallets for some odd reason. good luck with it and like i told you, it's heel weighted, it's not going to be super receptive to a straight back and straight trough technique, that weight will want to be used in a slight arching motion. i hope it works well for you buddy.

Dont know if I missed the decision, but man up and buy a ghost already/
nice work dude! i know you wanted some advice about the #9's and i think you bought the one that has the best overall insert in it, at least imo. funny how we're both going in different directions. you're finding yourself moving towards the blades and i'm finding myself leaning towards the mallets for some odd reason. good luck with it and like i told you, it's heel weighted, it's not going to be super receptive to a straight back and straight trough technique, that weight will want to be used in a slight arching motion. i hope it works well for you buddy.

I spent some time at the basement green working on a little more arc. My stroke before was inside-square, so inside-inside shouln't be much of an adjustment. The only weird thing was accepting that the face closes when I follow through.

Do you put the ball a bit forward in your stance?

3 more THP golf shirts....10 minutes ago.

Two dozen Pentas and a Bridgestone J38 driver. I should follow this with a good pair of sneakers to allow me to run from my wife after this purchase. :beat-up:

Two dozen Pentas and a Bridgestone J38 driver. I should follow this with a good pair of sneakers to allow me to run from my wife after this purchase. :beat-up:

ROFL......sadly I might be doing the same soon.

Adams 9032ti 5 wood, tigershark grip for my new Rossa Corza Ghost putter. That makes 5 things in the last 2 weeks.... I don't know how much longer my "its for christmas" spill can last...

Not today but my TP Mills Tradition 2 came back in today fully adjusted to my specs and with a new PVD black shaft. I thought the Piretti would be my prettiest, it's still the Mills though. Pics tomorrow, promise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a barely used TM xFT 52 wedge from my wife's instructor for $50. Seriously, not a scratch on the sole. Now I have a complete set!

a used cg15 that actually ended up being unhit and brand new. yes!

oh and im scoping a new byron morgan putter. gosh i swear this is almost an addiction.

oh and im scoping a new byron morgan putter. gosh i swear this is almost an addiction.

No almost to it. Trust me, putters are my crack LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back