What golf stuff did you buy today?

Since I’ve been hitting the sim max stuff so well I went and added the 3h. Can’t wait to put this in play on Saturday!

d3c4ddc679f7a12aee5826dd814c3969.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My putter ho'dom is acting up again. I just bought an Odyssey White Hot Pro 2 Center Shaft on eBay. I guess I'll have a couple to battle it out with this fall.

Box of Titleist AVX balls. From the saddest Golf Galaxy store you have ever seen in your life. Their first store. Just horrible.
There was a tree down in the parking lot partially blocking the entrance. It was there the last time I was there,.,,,,,two weeks ago
Like half the lights on inside. Can hardly see end of your nose. Geh-to. $51 and change for the displeasure.

20200922_232625.jpg

The new wedges are working beautifully, but the shafts aren't black, so I'm going with a couple of hi rev 125's as replacements.

An old Acushnet Bullseye putter

Scotty Cameron Club 2019 Putter Cover

Time for a round of golf & while in the clubhouse couldn’t pass up the end of the year markdowns. Picked up a few polos & pair of shorts.

This arrived2154318F-27D2-4EE7-89FC-03BD89CBAB26.jpeg

Zipcore 54* mid bounce, stock shaft. After 12 chips and 12 partial and full swings on the range, it kicked my JAWS 54S out of the bag. Feel, control, flight ... it wins. It is even a touch longer. That now makes two zipcore wedges in the bag, 54 mid and 60 low. My 50 gap wedge has to be sweating it hard.

Two purchases:

1. My first ever gap wedge–a Vokey SM7 52.08 F grind 🎉🥳❗
2. Four animal hand puppets–based on my theory that cute head covers are actually hand puppets with marked-up prices. The "hand puppets" (head covers) are pictured below. They won't arrive for 2-3 weeks, but they were quite cheap 😏🤗, and I told my wife they were for our [weeks away 😅] first baby, so it's basically a free roll lol
FullSizeRender-3.jpegFullSizeRender-2.jpegFullSizeRender-4.jpegFullSizeRender.jpeg

Zipcore 54* mid bounce, stock shaft. After 12 chips and 12 partial and full swings on the range, it kicked my JAWS 54S out of the bag. Feel, control, flight ... it wins. It is even a touch longer. That now makes two zipcore wedges in the bag, 54 mid and 60 low. My 50 gap wedge has to be sweating it hard.
Interesting, very interesting. That much better?

Interesting. My results were the exact opposite. Different strokes! Hope they work well for you.

Interesting, very interesting. That much better?

It was. The feel in hand and through the swing suits me better. I can better feel the head through the swing, even on chips. And then at impact the sound is better and the ball response fits my eye. From the first swing, I didn't have to think about the club. I honestly didn't expect to like so much right off the bat.

I found a coupon and bought a LH driver and a RH driver. And they’re supposed to arrive Saturday! And it’s not USPS so I believe the delivery date!

I found a coupon and bought a LH driver and a RH driver. And they’re supposed to arrive Saturday! And it’s not USPS so I believe the delivery date!
Uhhhh what drivers and why both hands lol

What wedges?
Switched to black vokeys in the specialties to match the black irons. Got a few, but have been playing 54 and 58 08M's. That part, has been going real well. It's kind of been saving me.

Uhhhh what drivers and why both hands lol
😆 Your powers of observation are strong! RH for me and LH for my backwards and confused brother-in-law.

Project X Evenflow White 65g 6.0 flex shaft with a Callaway adapter cut to play at 44.5" to test in my B21 Driver. Also got a 12g weight to replace some of the weight from the shaft reduction and larger size grip.

😆 Your powers of observation are strong! RH for me and LH for my backwards and confused brother-in-law.
1. You ruined that. Bagging both handed drivers would have been AWESOME

2. WHAT DRIVER DID YOU GET?!?!?

a new indoor putting green and about to head to the course for our MGA e9 game.

1. You ruined that. Bagging both handed drivers would have been AWESOME

2. WHAT DRIVER DID YOU GET?!?!?
I could never! I have a wicked LH slice... Mavrik Max for me with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 shaft. I’m ready to reverse those strokes lost off the tee!

IMG_1918.JPG

Except for a bit of scuffing here-and-there, and a bit of surface rust on the shaft screw, the thing is nearly in LNIB condition--grip and all. I'll get it re-gripped with a GP CP2 Pro midsize, anyway, because of my hands.

The guy had misplaced the wrench and headcover. Picked up a nice Titleist wrench at Golf Galaxy on the way home and ordered an original headcover in excellent condition off eBay. While I was at Golf Galaxy: Picked up another pack of wiffle balls (the driver destroys them) and ...

IMG_1921.JPG

...this neat little folding stool for relaxing during sessions at the nearby driving range :)

Back