What golf stuff did you buy today?

Cannot wait - PXG after a very skilled and intensive fitting has a set of 0211s, a hybrid and a prototype driver now shipped and on way and will be checking the mail area a couple of times a day. Got Veterans discount and great technical service as needed a few tweaks due to age etc. Note that discount available all till end of month! (as I said in another post mainly paid on this by legal sports bets on BD and CM in last two majors and DJ in Cup....like getting free stuff but not quitting day job just betting mainly on total SG and "recent hotness".).

Forgot I ordered some Buck Club stuff to go along with the Forged Tec 2 Utility (that I’ll be putting Nippon GOST into)

Cobra pretty nice clubs - used king cobras back in day but now hooked on PXG.

Is that the $100 cover I never go more $25 as lose them :)

New bag, Titleist 4 Stand... simple, plain grey. I grew tired of using a bag from the school where I teach, it essentially meant I was representing the school during every round I played and led to people always asking what I do etc
Let me know your thoughts. I picked one up a couple months back and am having trouble with one leg not extending out as far as the other.

Let me know your thoughts. I picked one up a couple months back and am having trouble with one leg not extending out as far as the other.
Yeah, I’ve had one before and the same thing happened... I just treated it roughly and it worked out after a while. Nothing beats a Ping Hoofer in terms of functionality, those things are bomb proof.

With my trip to Arizona it was a week of buying. Mostly just memorable tokens of where I went but it was a great trip. Hats, divot tools, ball markers.

20201019_224120.jpg

Bought the hat and the belt, but the shoes were basically on the course. They had a thing going on a par 3 where you could bet if you'd hit the green or not, and they'd pay out your bet in shop credit. I put it 15' away in prime birdie position below a pretty front placed pin, but the green was 40 yards deep with a 190 center from the tips (110 from the silver). I'm not sure how well they were going to come out on that with most players having that kind of room for error. :unsure:

I'll take it though!! :p

2000 and 2001 Major Ball Marker sets, so that I can sort out a Tiger Slam set

Bought a Ping G410 4 hybrid today. Currently using a Ping G410 LST 9* driver and G410 LST 14.5* 3 wood. The 410 hybrid will replace the Cobra King SZ 4 hybrid I'm currently using.

View attachment 8970183

Bought the hat and the belt, but the shoes were basically on the course. They had a thing going on a par 3 where you could bet if you'd hit the green or not, and they'd pay out your bet in shop credit. I put it 15' away in prime birdie position below a pretty front placed pin, but the green was 40 yards deep with a 190 center from the tips (110 from the silver). I'm not sure how well they were going to come out on that with most players having that kind of room for error. :unsure:

I'll take it though!! :p
I love checking this thread daily just to see what @OldandStiff picked up.

Nice score by the way! Did you have to give odds as a plus cap? Ie. Put up 20 to win 15?

Bought a 3 piece set of headcovers and another Wizard headcover from Bettinardi today. Will post some pics after they arrive. :cool:

I love checking this thread daily just to see what @OldandStiff picked up.

Nice score by the way! Did you have to give odds as a plus cap? Ie. Put up 20 to win 15?
Thanks.
Nope. I was distracted by the round I was trying to have, so the full possibilty didn't quite occur to me in the moment. I verified what he was offering, told him that was easy money, made the bet, and then went back to what I was doing. I don't think they ask about skill level. I talked to him briefly later in the round because things were more in hand and we had to wait on a nearby tee. All he gave me was that people were doing well that day, and a no when I asked if he wanted to go again on the much longer par 3 we were waiting on.

Since then though, my wife will tell you that I've thought about the possibilities, and mentioned them, .. more than a few times. :LOL:

A modest 5w upgrade:

IMG_1948-18pct.JPG

I'd rate the condition as roughly 7, on a scale of 1-10. (The top has a couple small marks. The shaft and grip are pristine.) When I did my part I was getting 200 yards or better with this puppy off a mat :) Even my slices were more massive fades than out-right slices (in my newbie opinion).

Didn't even have to re-grip it. Came with a midsize GP CP2 Wrap.

Additionally: Re-gripping for the new-to-me driver and some new tees that are slightly longer than the ones I've been using. The new tees have stripes so you can tell how far you're pushin' 'em in.

Last edited:
I didn't even ponder anything. I went to the golf shop to just poke around on my way home. Ended up impulsively buying a u65 23 degree srixon utility. I think it will gap better with the top of my bag and the B21 4h. Hit it on the monitor and it was a no brainer with how I hit it. Don't like the grip but that is being replaced tonight.

TaylorMade M6 5W & 4H.

I’ve had an Adams Tight Lies 3W & Cleveland classic 3H in the bag for a looong time so figured I would upgrade with a little more loft.

Back