What golf stuff did you buy today?

Not sure why I did this but the price was so good, I couldn't pass it up. I was looking for some hybrids and so I got a 3 and 4 hybrid from PXG. 0317x Gen 2.

They're currently cheaper than the SIM Max rescues and callaway offerings so I took the plunge.

Can't find much about them online but I hit my friend's and was pretty impressed.

So I bought another Callaway Super Hybrid.... in the same 17 degree loft.

Why you ask? Mine was repurposed into the old man's bag. Figures :LOL:
Good to see you didn’t wait as long to get it in the bag the second time around!

Good to see you didn’t wait as long to get it in the bag the second time around!
haha, well.... I have some fun plans for it - so I definitely needed one.

And also, it's awesome - so there's that.

Walked 9. But I am up today from golf. Returned the zu65 I bought from the used bin. I really liked the club. Just didn’t make sense from a gapping perspective at the top of the bag. The difference between my 5i and heavenwood is only about 15 yards. I think that spot in the bag makes more sense as a lower lifted driving iron that is closer to the 3w than a club that’s basically my hw.

Ordered a Theragun Elite from Budget Golf. Thanks for the coupon THP!

Set of $-Taper HT S+ shafts for the T100S irons.

Set of $-Taper HT S+ shafts for the T100S irons.
Did you try a couple with them already? I thought you had already played that combo, but I might have it mixed up in my head.

I bid on a PXG 5 hybrid for some reason, since I don't like hybrids it was a relief when I was outbid. But I am having so much fun with the gen 2 fairway woods it seemed like a good idea at the time.

20201125_164647.jpg

I bought... whatever is in that box. I honestly don't remember what it could be. It arrived before I did, and she just set it over there apparently, and hasn't said a word about it. :unsure:

The longer we just sit here, the more danger I sense in going over to open it...

View attachment 8975875

I bought... whatever is in that box. I honestly don't remember what it could be. It arrived before I did, and she just set it over there apparently, and hasn't said a word about it. :unsure:

The longer we just sit here, the more danger I sense in going over to open it...
You make @chile look like an amateur.

You make @chile look like an amateur.

Haha Is there a story there?

20201125_170225.jpg
20201125_171130.jpg

I couldn't take it anymore, and it was SO worth the risk. Shout-out to @McLovin for the early hook up/help getting a set.

They're just as described. They look more black in pictures, but they're actually kind of a 'smoke black-grey chrome'.

Last edited:
Did you try a couple with them already? I thought you had already played that combo, but I might have it mixed up in my head.

I did do a test in the 5 and 6 irons. They were good, just kinda settled back to the Ctapers because I didn't want to invest in more shafts to update the set.
I found a good deal on a full set of the shafts, so decided to jump in and re-build the set to see how they go.
Debating whether to soft step them or just go straight in. Prob go straight in.

Got these to go with them too!

3BA4563E-4FA7-443F-B879-523A2937F49E.jpeg

I did do a test in the 5 and 6 irons. They were good, just kinda settled back to the Ctapers because I didn't want to invest in more shafts to update the set.
I found a good deal on a full set of the shafts, so decided to jump in and re-build the set to see how they go.
Debating whether to soft step them or just go straight in. Prob go straight in.

Got these to go with them too!

View attachment 8975890
Nice. I used to have those ferrules on my Apex Pros when they had the black C-Tapers. Looked good. I'll have to look back in that HT thread to read your thoughts on the ones you tried. Last I remember they were just a few shots old and you weren't real sure of them yet.

Bought a sleeve of ProV1s to try out before I walked 9 holes this evening. Lost one in the creek on my approach shot on hole one. Ooof.

Bought a sleeve of ProV1s to try out before I walked 9 holes this evening. Lost one in the creek on my approach shot on hole one. Ooof.
Don't feel bad - it's actually beneficial to get the first loss out of the way early as it reduces stress the remainder of the round. It's kind of like buying a new truck - you may as well put a dent or scratch in it before you leave the dealership cause it's going to happen anyway.

Reactions: PW2
Back