What golf stuff did you buy today?

I wore my Under Armour Quarter Zip from my Secret Santa to my Dr Appt.....

Yes, I do my own shaft, grip, and swing weight adjustment.
I just do grips. How did you learn to do your shaft and swing weight adjustments? Did you just figure it out or did you work at a pro shop and learned on the job?

I just do grips. How did you learn to do your shaft and swing weight adjustments? Did you just figure it out or did you work at a pro shop and learned on the job?
Watched a lot of youtube, mainly McGolf Custom Clubs and Mobile Clubmaker . I only do graphite install on my own clubs. A decent graphite shaft should have uniform flex in any rotation so no Spine or FLO adjustment required. Shaft manufacture should supply tip trim dimensions for whatever club you are installing them in. UST sends a sheet along with the shafts listing all their shaft models and trim requirements. Bought swing weight scale from Golf Works. I use tip weights if swing weight is too low and lead tape under the grip if swing weight is too high.

Watched a lot of youtube, mainly McGolf Custom Clubs and Mobile Clubmaker . I only do graphite install on my own clubs. A decent graphite shaft should have uniform flex in any rotation so no Spine or FLO adjustment required. Shaft manufacture should supply tip trim dimensions for whatever club you are installing them in. UST sends a sheet along with the shafts listing all their shaft models and trim requirements. Bought swing weight scale from Golf Works. I use tip weights if swing weight is too low and lead tape under the grip if swing weight is too high.
I love to tinker so this is something I’d like to get into one day. What is your total list of tools? Thanks for your responses too!

This Piretti Potenza CU Ltd Edition showed up on my porch this afternoon. She is a beauty.

20201201_214300.jpg 20201201_214332.jpg

20201201_214402.jpg

Last edited:
Theragun arrived from Budgetgolf.com and it is glorious!!!!! Should cut a few strokes by loosening up that sciatica and shoulders. Kids think its hilarious too :)

Cut golf balls yesterday for a friend, decided to add one in for me too.

Tip or shaft epoxy, and a couple of tailor-made Tips

No golf since the Sunday before Thanksgiving and for some reason I keep bidding on PXG 25* hybrids. Such a odd compulsion this club sickness, the only Hybrid that lasted more than a month was the Callaway Super's and I had all of them for a while. Then poof one day they were all gone...why in the world would i buy another one.?

GP CP2 Pro grips, installed, for my new woods. A box of 300 used range balls for hitting into the woods in the backyard.

I dig those grips. (y)
I love 'em. I've used them in everything from very cool--one day so cool my hands got downright cold--to sweaty hot weather, in the rain, you name it. My hands never slip. I've never felt the need for a death grip. Never felt the need for a glove. Because of the prominent "index" stripe: No fiddling around with grip position.

I couldn’t help myself. We were in Costco today and I had to buy a box of the new balls.
cebd31cc527d2ac6dfc991053201c70b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked me a shaft fitting for the driver for next week.

Very cool! What are you leaning towards wanting to try the most?

The clubho in me really wants to give the Ventus and the Tour AD IZ a rip. Everything else in me really hopes that my best numbers come with whatever the cheapest shaft ever made is.

Greens fees

What did you do about size? They recommend sizing down a 1/2, how is your fit?

I went with my normal size. They feel a little big because of the wider toe but they fit fine everywhere else. I’m glad I didn’t go down half a size, I think they would’ve been too tight in the heel

Got the Sklz gold flex trainer to help me keep up some swing tempo training in the winter. I’m gonna plan to swing every day for a few minutes while taking the dog outside. Hopefully along with some sessions at the covered range once in a while I’ll keep my swing grooved over the winter.

20201203_191230.jpg20201203_191736.jpg

This just came.

The clubho in me really wants to give the Ventus and the Tour AD IZ a rip. Everything else in me really hopes that my best numbers come with whatever the cheapest shaft ever made is.
One of the OGs!!!

Aldila NV Green.
UST Mamiya ProForce.

Back