What golf stuff did you buy today?

cuater voodoo belt to hold up the two $16 pair of Ben Hogan shorts i grabbed at wal-mart

edit: is it sad that the belt cost more than the shorts and 3pk of socks i bought?

Last edited:
I was digging Will Z's shirt today, so I ordered one of those.

Golf sandles :eek: and I'm blaming this purchase on THP.

My wife has wanted golf sandles ever since we played with my sister last summer. Today, prior to going to the range, we stopped by the pro shop so she could check. They had both FootJoy and Sketchers sandles. Mrs Duffer is happy, so far so good.
Then she hands me a pair of men's FootJoy and says "here, try these on". Now my "traditional" golf attire thinking (slacks, wingtip shoes, etc) has been pushed to the wayside since I started playing with THPer's. Shorts and athletic style golf shoes are my new normal. Therefore, when Mrs Duffer handed the box to me I didn't recoil in horror.
Hmm, similar to some of the sandles I already wear off the course. They're supportive, it's going to be in the hundreds soon...

Yes, thanks to THP's influence I now own golf sandles :oops: If I've sunk this low are joggers next? :unsure: :banghead:

Golf sandles :eek: and I'm blaming this purchase on THP.

My wife has wanted golf sandles ever since we played with my sister last summer. Today, prior to going to the range, we stopped by the pro shop so she could check. They had both FootJoy and Sketchers sandles. Mrs Duffer is happy, so far so good.
Then she hands me a pair of men's FootJoy and says "here, try these on". Now my "traditional" golf attire thinking (slacks, wingtip shoes, etc) has been pushed to the wayside since I started playing with THPer's. Shorts and athletic style golf shoes are my new normal. Therefore, when Mrs Duffer handed the box to me I didn't recoil in horror.
Hmm, similar to some of the sandles I already wear off the course. They're supportive, it's going to be in the hundreds soon...

Yes, thanks to THP's influence I now own golf sandles :oops: If I've sunk this low are joggers next? :unsure: :banghead:
One of the best decisions I ever made for golfing in Florida heat. Just make sure you put on sunscreen before donning the sandals

Linksoul order, polo, shorts and pants....

@Gman79
Wardrobe for say maybe Vegas... 🤔

Picked up a Radspeed Big Tour 3 wood today. Can't wait to try it out!

One of the best decisions I ever made for golfing in Florida heat. Just make sure you put on sunscreen before donning the sandals
Good point. Especially, since I've already started developing this year's "golfers" tan.

Found a couple of RLX polos on sale, and a pair of shorts.

Since I was on the Costco website...and I'm sure you can tell where this is going.

I picked up a 4 pack of gloves, a few dozen balls and a set of the wedges. Since I only started last year I don't actually have a wedge set just a random one that came with my starter kit.

It'll be interesting to see if these get some play or if I am not good enough to use them yet. Still hitting in the 110s for my total score.

0D46C43A-C567-4B26-AF6D-413C7DAA868E.jpeg

Oops.

20210413_103201.jpg

Quick pic before I hide stuff.

View attachment 9002785

Quick pic before I hide stuff.
I had some CSX-LS show up yesterday and the wife said, "Do you really need more golf balls?" I replied, "Do you really need 12 pocketbooks up in the closet that are never used." I got the look and the conversation was over, lol. :censored::censored:

I had some CSX-LS show up yesterday and the wife said, "Do you really need more golf balls?" I replied, "Do you really need 12 pocketbooks up in the closet that are never used." I got the look and the conversation was over, lol. :censored::censored:
Haha. Balls I can handle well with her. Even clubs. They're everywhere, so she just knows there's a lot. Shoes though... :confused:

She did a count a while back and realized I have more shoes than her. The whole 'these are work shoes, and those are for golf, etc, etc' defense has been ineffective thus far. Pretty sure that Ecco box is going in my neighbors bin. He owes me. :LOL:

Haha. Balls I can handle well with her. Even clubs. They're everywhere, so she just knows there's a lot. Shoes though... :confused:

She did a count a while back and realized I have more shoes than her. The whole 'these are work shoes, and those are for golf, etc, etc' defense has been ineffective thus far. Pretty sure that Ecco box is going in my neighbors bin. He owes me. :LOL:
Yeah, I have 1 spot for all my golf gear. I have 3 pairs of shoes, white, grey and black and a spot on the shelf for balls and then my two bags of clubs (my current gamers and my Grandaddy irons) are right next to that stand. Plus she always gets home before me during the week, so hard to hide it if I needed to. I have tried to align things so hopefully they will be delivered on Fridays, but then UPS and USPS started sucking and they deliver it while I'm gone waiting at the dance studio for my daughter and the wife is home. I'm in a lose lose situation here, lol.

Do you plan your shoes to match....your balls. 😂
So I actually thought about it once I saw it posted. Lol

*Inner monologue - Why does that all kinda look like it matches? Someone's gonna say something about that. I'm already pretty matchy.. :confused:

:LOL:

Back