What golf stuff did you buy today?

Very happy with this for $150 shipped.20200630_155348.jpg

The current Puma lineup just wasn't doing it for me so for the first time in a LONG time I'll be wearing a different OEM, starting with these

1593557094092.png

Just ordered a dozen of these! Good cause and pretty cool bc the wife and I got engaged on a hot air balloon! FB_IMG_1593560798085.jpg

Arrived today, several packages actually. 10 6 packs of the Z Star XV, Puma Punce shorts, and my first pair of Oakley Flak sunglasses with the golf lens. This pair is non RX and it’s the light lens. I will say they make everything so brilliant and bright. The second pair is the dark lens in RX. Much more should be coming this week. The Z Star XV at $10 a 6 oak box is just to hard to pass on View attachment 8951166View attachment 8951167
It is amazing how bright things become once you put those lenses on. I'll be honest when I say I don't think they necessarily make the contrast better on a course (I've tried multiple lens combinations) but they certainly help amplify the available light for sure. You should enjoy them.

Finally found the bag for me. Titleist Players 4. Weight was right, color combination was right. Plus my new clubs are Titliest so why not? If the shop had had the carbon model in my color combo I probably would have dropped the extra 1/2 lb. but this one was light enough compared to my current SM.
20200630_193935.jpg

Cobra SpeedZone 4i with UST Recoil 460 ESX (Stiff). Now to find patience and wait for it to arrive.

View attachment 8951247
So excited to try these out. Wearing them to work tomorrow
I wanted to like my pair (same color) so badly. But my pair had an internal seem where the two fabrics are sewn together that just drove me crazy. I couldn’t handle how it felt on my feet and had to send them back.

Picked up a 2nd HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 for the 3wd!

I wanted to like my pair (same color) so badly. But my pair had an internal seem where the two fabrics are sewn together that just drove me crazy. I couldn’t handle how it felt on my feet and had to send them back.
Oh yikes. Hate to hear that. I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about them

ermmm a new set of irons

I got offered a great deal on a set ot Titleist 716 AP2 Irons 4-PW. I had been eyeing a set up but this was too good of a deal to turn down

The lofts pretty much match my current irons, which was one of the criterias for me in a new set

Should be in my bag on Friday

Last edited:
Ordered a Garmin Approach S82 and a Cobra SZ 5w. The 5w I mean to us as a 4w by lowering the loft on the club to 17*.

Received my new driver and two more irons today.

I'm thinking the driver might not get used much... I don't know. The extra 20 yards over the 3h would be nice, but after taking a few swings out into the field I suspect my lack of club head control will continue to be an issue.

In spite of the conventional wisdom I bought into for so long, a lack of distance is not the score killer I thought it would be. In my world, accuracy is so much more important.

Anyway, hit a couple balls with the gap wedge and was happy with that club. Have not yet hit the 7i but I suspect it will be fine.

For now, I'm carrying 10 clubs. I'll decide soon if I'll need to fill the gap between 6i and 3h, and whether I should ditch the 60°.

FedEx came through as I received the clubs a day earlier than scheduled.

IMG_0691.jpg

Nike Rosche G shoes for my lad

Ordered a Garmin Approach S82 and a Cobra SZ 5w. The 5w I mean to us as a 4w by lowering the loft on the club to 17*.

The Cobra SZ 5w fell through, Cobra didn't have the custom shaft I wanted. Ended up buying a Exotics EXS 3w 17*. Actually think I came out better for getting the Tour Exotics EXS 17* Happy with the shaft I got also.

Custom putter. 🔥

Fun with Kevin Burns Putters. (y)

Nice, I've looked at their website a couple of times. Nothing really jumped out at me. Be interested to see what got when you're ready to reveal it. (y)

Nice, I've looked at their website a couple of times. Nothing really jumped out at me. Be interested to see what got when you're ready to reveal it. (y)
Kevin is a legitimate legend in putters, with major wins to his putters too.

It’ll have copper...and rust.

Back