What golf stuff did you buy today?

Not today but over last couple weeks I got Cobra SZ Big Tour 3w, Cobra SZ Xtreme driver and 50, 56 bent to 55, and 60 degree black MIM wedges from Cobra. Plus a nice US Open hat and tote bag. Oh and Superspeed training system. And Tour striker Planemate. What am I doing?

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 3 Iron with Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S. To go with my MP-20 MMC 4-PW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not today but over last couple weeks I got Cobra SZ Big Tour 3w, Cobra SZ Xtreme driver and 50, 56 bent to 55, and 60 degree black MIM wedges from Cobra. Plus a nice US Open hat and tote bag. Oh and Superspeed training system. And Tour striker Planemate. What am I doing?
Being a THPer

20201012_083701.jpg

My black Vokeys aren't quite shiny enough to match the irons.. :LOL:

Interested to hear how you like these. I love my 54 mid and 60 low zipcore wedges!
I have a 54 mid, and I don't overly love it so far. At least not enough to put it in play often over some others. I've kind of fallen out of lust with the Cleveland wedges lately. Figure some new sexiness will get me to take them out and give them a real go!

Edit: and I just saw the picture. I don't know why those are fulls. Must be stock pic. I have mids coming.

Last edited:
I was so close to grabbing a 60 low bounce rtx4 yesterday...
Probably would have been handy at the course you played yesterday.

Last edited:
Probably works have been handy at the course you played yesterday.

True story. Some of those lies gave me nightmares last night. Hardpan depression (almost like it had been a ball mark that was left to harden), up against a tuft of dried out bermuda...

callaway b21 5 hybrid
3 & 4 in the next few months..

PXG 0811 Gen 2 driver A shaft 50 gm Riptide shaft was recommended after fitting and going one inch long. Paid just $265 under special pricing now usually reserved for Veterans like me. Nice driver at my age and hit 10 yards longer on range and trackman then Titleist S3 with similar but reg shaft am bagging.

Took advantage of the Ping deal and got Arccos for all my clubs. Only had to pay shipping which was like 20 dollars.

I'm know I'm buying a couple of Bettinardi putter today, just not sure what they're gonna look like. I do know that one will be Wizard themed. :cool:

20201013_103138.jpg

Being home when things show up, meaning 'before the wife see them' is always nice. :)

The black modus, amt whites, and p770 3i all arrived within minutes of each other. Yay!

I just bought 5 dozen of the MTB high number Snells. I'm a sucker for high numbered balls. Definitely don't need them. I will have 10 dozen Snells new in the box. Another dozen or so of those used and then various other balls that number in the 40ish range left over from my Z-star purchase this spring. If I am out of balls before next summer I probably need to give up golf.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks along those lines!!! :laughing:

It makes life SOOOO much easier. I'm starting to rethink the whole idea of having things shipped to home. Once they're already in the bag, she just wants to try them. It's fun vs. talk about.

I choose fun please! :LOL:

Ok, so.....

About the clubs - heads are very pretty and feel incredible. Love the aesthetics for sure. The feel reminds me of my old flame, the MP64s.

As for the performance, well... lets say the modus 120 stiff is def a different animal than the Ctapers. I was surprised to see how low I was hitting them. The apex was half of my normal. I could also tell the spin also seemed quite low (no monitor). Balls were not apexing and diving. Went back to my T100s and boom, no problems.
For sure the modus 120 is a horrendous fit for me. I dont time that shaft up well at all!

I really like the heads though. Tempted to shaft then up with some backup shafts to see. Or I may just return them. Gotta see what backup shaftsare laying around.
Yeah, that sounds like a crap shaft fit. So you pulled them I think, what are going to try to reshaft with?

Yeah, that sounds like a crap shaft fit. So you pulled them I think, what are going to try to reshaft with?
I’m likely going to make up a franken-set.
Here is what I have and will likely do...
4 iron - Modus 105 X flex
5-6 - KBS $taper S+
7 to PW KBS Ctaper S+
These are the shaft I have laying around. I think it could actually work pretty well for me.

I’m likely going to make up a franken-set.
Here is what I have and will likely do...
4 iron - Modus 105 X flex
5-6 - KBS $taper S+
7 to PW KBS Ctaper S+
These are the shaft I have laying around. I think it could actually work pretty well for me.
Dang. I think it might for me too. I used to play my apex combo 4-6 $ Taper, 7-AW C-Taper and it worked really well.

I could use some of that action with the P770's. Those short irons get up. I can't decide which set is getting AMT's and which is getting something black though..

Bought 2 dozen Taylormade TP5 yellow golf balls.

Back