What golf stuff did you buy today?

Last night, I bought a dozen Titleist AVX from RockBottomGolf, and a Fujikura Atmos Red 5 shaft to put in my Heavenwood. As a joke, I bought a My Little Pony club cleaner for a buddy ... he did ask the next time I buy anything online to pick him up a club cleaner. Of course, he meant a Frogger, but I couldn't resist. :devilish:

More.....Tour....Premieres. 👀

I'm on a roll this last week. Today's order placed was for a Mizuno ST-Z 3 wood and I'm bidding on two putters on eBay. :)

Birthday present from my wife has arrived!!! 😍
1DB937D1-E2FA-4EA3-AD32-11D5E6BF7CE3.jpeg

Apex 21/Pro combo with TT 95 black shafts. Can’t wait to get them in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot_20210226-172230_Chrome.jpg
EPIC Speed 9* GD XC 6X

Screenshot_20210226-172500_Chrome.jpg
EPIC Max LS 10.5* Ventus Black 6X

These are the very non-exciting to some, custom driver configurations I ordered yesterday. I'm going to practically be twitching when some of you guys' start showing up, but I had trouble deciding on exactly what I wanted. Being pretty happy with current driver didn't help.

Trying to think of a keyword do I can find this when I get them. I surely won't remember what they're supposed to look like...

Customz

Last edited:
Well, does the $3000.00 membership dues I paid this morning count? At our club, if you pay by the end of February, you get two free guest passes. I don't know why anyone pays with the installment option. You ain't gonna make over a hundred bucks in interest for that. We're in rural western MA; my club would cost a lot more than that if it was down near the city.

...and what did I say about pics?!

mMVrnt1.jpg

h7XA5hq.jpg

7InQikP.jpg

Well, does the $3000.00 membership dues I paid this morning count? At our club, if you pay by the end of February, you get two free guest passes. I don't know why anyone pays with the installment option. You ain't gonna make over a hundred bucks in interest for that. We're in rural western MA; my club would cost a lot more than that if it was down near the city.

...and what did I say about pics?!

mMVrnt1.jpg

h7XA5hq.jpg

7InQikP.jpg
Beautiful course. Even the bunkers look cool.

More Tour Premiere's o_O

More Tour Premiere's o_O
That’s two in two days! Assuming you’re talking about the golf shoe? What colors!

Just ordered my new clubs...

1. Maltby KE4 TC Hybrid pak with matching Pro Series Shaft of the rest of the bag. This should fill the gap between my 6i and 3h nicely. Approach shots from 160 - 175 were tough last year. An easy swing with this club should get me closer in that range - at least distance-wise (I'm talking to you @DG_1234 :) ).

2. Maltby KE4 Tour + Pitching Wedge. The gap between my 9i and GW wasn't a weakness, but I decided to complete my 6i-GW iron set anyway. I will have to build this one myself as the pak would have been custom and difficult to order online. It will be my 1st real build with graphite. I'll have to read up on the butt and tip trimming to make this club consistent with the rest of the set.

3. Maltby TSW 56/12 Wedge and TSW 60/8, both with Kuro Kage R Flex (75gr) shafts. I went with the pak on these wedges instead of building them myself. I had hoped to complete the set with the same shafts but made the decision to go with this option. The Kuro Kage seems close as both are at 75grams, but these shafts have a mid launch instead of a mid-high as is the case with the Maltby Pro Series shafts.

As I've probably mentioned far too often, I plan on improving my short game and I'm hoping these shafts will be ok around the green. I'm not as worried about short approach shots as I have a lot of confidence with my gap wedge on shots between 50 and 110. Still, I'm determined to improve that part of my game as well. Hoping these will be a good fit for both types of shots.

The only gap I have remaining (hopefully) is that between my driver and 3h. I initially considered a 3w but was concerned about my ability to hit one clean enough to justify having it in the bag. Then @Desmond suggested a 5w with a mid-high launch I think that's a better option. Going to wait however as their are "issues" at the top of my bag that far exceed the problem of a 25 yard gap.

The only non-Maltby club left in the bag is now my putter - and I almost bought one of those. Haha.

Just ordered my new clubs...

1. Maltby KE4 TrC Hybrid pak with matching Pro Series Shaft of the rest of the bag. This should fill the gap between my 6i and 3h nicely. Approach shots from 160 - 175 were tough last year. An easy swing with this club should get me closer in that range - at least distance-wise (I'm talking to you @DG_1234 :) ).

Good decision here to go with a high lofted hybrid, I like it a lot. For my own game I've found a 22* hybrid to be extremely versatile and relatively easy with which to take yardage off and, or, play to shorter distance targets. However I caution against thinking and, or, using the term "easy swing". For few people thinking "easy swing" is productive, but for most players that thought breeds a tentative, non athletic, guided type of motion, which is horrible for golf.
I believe thinking/imagining/visualizing "smooth tempo" is more effective for most players than is using the words or thinking "easy swing".

Trying to think of a keyword do I can find this when I get them. I surely won't remember what they're supposed to look like...

Bookmark the post using the icon left of the post number:

1614451320917.png

Ohio spring warm up 45* !! Range balls! Wrong felt great... Prepping for Vegas!IMG_20210227_131405.jpg

Last edited:
Went and got fitted, and ordered Apex DCB irons (6i through PW), a Epic Max LS driver, and two dozen ERC Soft balls. Definitely my big splurge allowance for the year.

I just bought a couple of these:
TOUR SNSR Contour Pro Firm (75 cc)

1614459873576.png
I wonder how they got Ben Hogan to pose for this photo?

CF5C6537-9AF0-45A7-852B-C2A8831C7999.jpeg

Hot Punch acquired bitches! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

FINALLY!

Back