What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched an hour of the most boring golf tournament on earth. I'm sorry but the US Open is just terrible. Guys don't get to hit great shots and score. They simply avoid aggressive play and just try not to shoot bogeys. I can't stand it.

Tied for first place in my first ever members tournament. Played with my pop it was a 2 man better ball and we shot 60 together.

THPing afterwards.

Went out and played 9 more.

THPing some more.

Went to the driving range after that with the gf.

Now some more THPing. Figuring out how to embed my videos I took for you guys to look and pick apart.

I cleaned my clubs... first time I have done that in a loooong time.

I cleaned my clubs... first time I have done that in a loooong time.

It's been 3 rounds I need to clean mine ASAP. I'm freaking out about it true story.

It's been 3 rounds I need to clean mine ASAP. I'm freaking out about it true story.
Haha. I never clean my clubs, not sure why I did tonight. I didnt really clean them, just wiped them down with a damp towel.

Haha. I never clean my clubs, not sure why I did tonight. I didnt really clean them, just wiped them down with a damp towel.

Seems like there's only those that clean them religiously and those that don't. Honestly if I don't clean them after about two uses I start to stress about it. Kinda wish I wasn't that way but can't help it lol.

Played 18 with afwcardinal, kapsularian and capt.dru

Played a best ball tournament at a great course. We finished 7 under which I felt was a great score. Great weather, great friends made a good day.

Hit around 400 balls today. Did the usual 10 each warm up with my three wedges, 6I, hybrids, and wood. Felt great on everything except for my 3H which is odd because I hit well with that particular hybrid as to my others. Spent some time working on increasing distance with my driver. Then I dropped back down to my wedges and worked on accuracy and backspin from 50-70 yards.
Found a Bridgestone B330-RXS in my range bucket and launched it. Smooth flight and soft on the driver. Also found a Bethpage Black Course ball and kept it for myself.

Last edited:
Made my trip to Plano and Dallas and hit almost every left handed club every store had and was quite surprised at what I came away liking the most.
I had to hit some stiff flexes because no "r" were in stock and there were very few Cleveland clubs to be found in LH which I really wanted to hit.
I took my 6-7 iron (burner 2.0) so I could do a feel comparison and some numbers as well.
Not to write a book, I will just narrow it down between clubs right off the bat.
This is in no order, AP2, I20, G25, Adams V3, JPX 825, XHot.
Coming from a feel standpoint, the AP2, I20 and G25 won hands down. The rest felt very similar to my 2.0, a very hard hitting face and a shock in the hands so to say.
Numbers- it came down to dispersion and launch for me not sheer distance this is where the I20 and G25 out shined everyone for me (but I really loved the looks of the AP2). They feel allot softer and launch a bit higher for me than the burners and that is what I was looking for.

After getting over the looks of the wide soles and thicker lines etc. I can see me gaming either the I20 or G25, they feel very similar but the G25 has a larger offset in the higher irons which may help my game, but I did hit them both allot better than my 2.0's in a direct H2H.

Match play singles today.....2 9 hole matches....ready to go!

Hit a couple of buckets at the range with my wife. Woods & wedges were ok & the occasional iron shot. I have no idea what is going on with my mid irons. Frustrated but getting my woods to fade a little made it a little easier.

Played 18 in my last MGA event. Shot 83.....got the driver fixed me thinks.

Played 18 now watching golf. Awesome!

Good job Mikey, now send a message to your sponsor for the MC to get some lefty Altitudes into DFW area so I can hit them! :alien:

Good job Mikey, now send a message to your sponsor for the MC to get some lefty Altitudes into DFW area so I can hit them! :alien:

None around here? If so, I will take it as a task to get you at least ONE to try.

Nope man I tried all day to find one in any flex but could only find Mashies. Remember I hit from the other side that's why.

Nope man I tried all day to find one in any flex but could only find Mashies. Remember I hit from the other side that's why.

Alright...we should be able to get one lefty demo in the DFW area. Let me see if I really have any contacts. Haha

Hit at te range in the afternoon and then went to golfsmith. I wanted to hit a 2 hybrid and a 5 wood but it was too crowded. Instead I messed around with the putters like I usually do. Tried out the scotty cameron newport like I always do, and as always I became incredibly depressed when I see the price tag on it.

Driving range and THP. A nice interlude between work and supper!

range session then practice green.

Played 9 after work. Driver was way off today (have to take a lesson soon on that) , but my putting held me in there for a 45. Which is not that bad for me.
Hopefully will have some range time tomorrow to work on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back