What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit a medium bucket and putted for 30 minutes. Haven't swung the sticks in a couple weeks and am gearing up for a lot of golf over the next 6 weeks. Not a great session but was good to at least get back to the golf swing motion. Playing a tough course Sunday and am a bit scared.

Nothing, today, yet :D Hit a good number of balls at the range, yesterday, though. Focused on 8 iron (trying to get better at dictating changing the flight: knockdown, and fade primarily) and driver (having a shoot-out between 3 drivers; hit good shots with each of them).

Went to play 9 at Stumpy Lakes. Hit some good shots and then the rain started, which ended my 9 holes on #8. Apparently Summer is an optional season in VA!

Bought a new light standup bag and regripped my scor wedges.
18 holes and THP.

Played 8-holes at the local junior par 3. Putted 3 and 5 footers for an hour. Hoping to get in some more range time tonight.

Just got home from a charity scramble. Rough first few holes since I hadn't been within 700 miles of my golf clubs since Monday, but settled in and hit some good shots. We were the group starting on the latest hole of the shotgun start which meant we had 6 open holes in front of us. We made it around in 3:30 when I was expecting a 5 hour + round.

Just played 9 after work at Oxford Greens. The 3rd hole there gets me every time. 540 from the whites and up an uneven hill the whole way. Hole is over 600 from the blacks.

Played 18 after a short last day of school.

Bought a pair of "used" Cobra Amp hybrids

Played 13 holes - didn't keep track of score; was focusing on just hitting good shots, so dropped an extra ball several times. Cally RFX is very likely my new gamer driver.

Hit two buckets of balls and then worked on chipping / putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chipping and putting practice today early, hope to spend an hour a day at it here for a while.

Went to Golf Galaxy after my attempt at 9 holes. I've thought all this time I'm 'supposed' to be using midsize grips. After actually getting measured, I learned that I should be using standard size grips. That said, I got a standard size Decade midnight grip on my new TM R1 and fiddled around on the LM with an RBZ 7 iron. 180 yard 7 iron shots FTW :lol:!!!

Played a round then demoed a few clubs at golf smith. I also started my scotty cameron fund since my birthday checks are starting to come in

Hit a large bucket, worked on my short game for a long time, and putted.

Went to Golf Galaxy to get on the LM with my R1. I ended up changing the loft to 9.5* from 10.5* and leaving everything else standard. Also had my IOmic Absolute X jumbo putter grip swapped for an IOmic Absolute X midsize grip. Since the IOmic midsize grip is smaller than US midsize grips I had them put +2 wraps on there. The additional tape beefed it up nicely. I also ended up with an RBZ Stage 2 3 hybrid and a sleeve of TM Lethal golf balls. To top it off, my Nike Lunar Control II golf shoes showed up. It's going to be a good day tomorrow :D!!!

Last edited:
Played 18 with 6 other THP'ers.

Played in a member/guest tourney as the guest. Shot a 70, with the front 9 being a scramble, and the back 9 being best score of each hole.

I trolled on THP, watched a little PGA, played 18 and back to trolling. It's all in a day.

Played a quick 18 today in 2 hrs 15 min.

Played a quick 18 today in 2 hrs 15 min.

Did you get out of the cart or just drive by swinging the club? Hehe. That's a quick round for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back