What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

More swing drills

I played my usual Sunday morning 9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yesterday, traveling north on I-15 we stopped in Filmore Utah at the Paradise golf course.

Nice little 9 hole track, with a 36 par. Shot a 42 for my effort. Mile marker 163 iirc.

Didn't carry a water hazard which cost me. Actually I forgot it was there. Been a while since I played here.

I decided to go with my broom stick Rail Gun putter. My wife used my #1 gamer. Had fun with it, made a few, and missed a few. (18 putts) Greens were a little slower than Im use to.

My wife just putted. She had 25 putts . She would drop a ball at a point furthest from the pin, and start each hole from there.

I put a Nickent 9 wood in my bag for this trip. It replaced my 5i. Hit some decent approaches with it. For an old club, it still plays well. First time I've used it for a score.

Also added a 15th club in the bag. A 4 wood. Used it a couple of times. Never used a 4 wood before. Ì liked it.

The 90 minute round was a nice diversion before driving through the SLC area. Even on a Sunday traffic is not friendly on that 40+ mile stretch of interstate.

We are on our way to Ontario Oregon to visit family. I'll probably play 9 holes at the Wieser, Idaho course tomorrow.

On the way back home we'll take a different route. There's a 9 hole course in Wells, NV that's a fun stop. 27 holes in 5 days is no big deal.

Played 18 on Saturday and watched RBC while THPing Sunday

Played 18 before 10am.

Went to the range, but they closed it to mow. Spent a lot of time at the chipping green instead - very much needed!

Played 9 holes in Wells, NV earlier today shot a 42, with 16 putts.

Today it was D, 4w, wedges, and my two putters. There was a 9w in there somewbere. I kept switching back and forth between the broom stick, and 32" putters. Today's greens were the slowest I've played on in years.

This completes my road trip golf. 9 holes at 3 different courses, in 3 different states Average 4.72 strokes per hole I think. This is from the senior tees, with no hdcp figured in.

Had fun, and learned a few things about new to me 4, and 9 woods.

I'll be at my home course tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back