What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Yesterday. Just a little putting practice with my little girl. Mostly her, but I rolled a few, too.

We managed to avoid the rain for our pairs match this morning but that was the only good thing I can say...

We lost 5&4 but when your opponents knock in 6 birdies between them, there isn't much you can do

Every hole they won was with a birdie so despite losing we aren't complaining (and I got in on the birdie rush at one point as well)

I am playing one of the guys next weekend in the singles as well, so if today was anything to go by, I need to get a birdie rush to keep up with him

THPing as always. Will clean the clubs this afternoon in preparation for my golf round Monday.

Took my lad for his second lesson

Played 18 in a club competition

Have just finished drying my clubs and putting everything else out to dry

Last edited:
Played 9 holes at the First Tee par 3 course with my 17yr old son. We hardly ever get to play together but it was a great time and the best I have seen him play. Nothing like playing with your son.

Practicing with some clubs I seem to struggle with. THPing. Gonna clean and organize my golf bags as well. Clean my clubs.

Had one of only a handful of range/putting practice sessions of the year that lasted longer than 15 minutes. My youngest daughter joined me and she hasn’t practiced or played hardly at all but was hitting the ball farther than last year as she has grown a few inches to over 5’6”. Her driver was consistently past the 200 yard pole in that 220 yard range on good strikes, about 25 yards longer than last year. She should be able to shoot a lot of scores in the 80’s this summer and be ready for her sophomore year of golf by next spring.
College golf in your daughter’s future? She is a striker right now.

Played 18 this morning and hit it well. I have no clue what’s going on with my driver but even shots I feel I’ve hit well are barely going 220-240. I hit my 6 iron 185 on the fly and used to hit driver 260-280. I think I’m spinning it too much from negative attack angle...most are not very high.

Took my lad for his second lesson

Played 18 in a club competition

Have just finished drying my clubs and putting everything else out to dry
You get caught in the rain then?
We got lucky, other than a couple minutes of very light drizzle we had nothing today compared to what the forecast aid to expect

Played 18. Took a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get caught in the rain then?
We got lucky, other than a couple minutes of very light drizzle we had nothing today compared to what the forecast aid to expect

Yes, played the entire 2nd 9 in the pouring rain

I decided to go out and play a few holes this afternoon whilst Jen was playing her singles match play and I ended up playing a full 18 and joined up with a couple of visitors on the back 9

Dropped a couple of birdies and probably shot around 80 (wasn't keeping score as only went out to practice) as I lost a couple balls due to a bad bounce and 40mph gusts of wind so had a couple double bogeys

Jen had a very good day and won her match 2&1 so not bad at all for a relatively new golfer playing her first singles match play competition to get through the first round against a much more experienced opponent

Played 18, cleaned the clubs. Now watching the Travelers.

Walked 18 and now watching the end of The Travelers.

20200628_155124.jpg

I played, cleaned them up, grabbed a bunch of shafts from the trailer to work on a set tonight, and went to an actual store where you can touch golf stuff!! So rare for me, hence the staring at golf bags face she caught.

Last edited:
THP's, rolled some putts with the PuttOut, and checked tee times for tomorrow. Weather is a bit unpredictable for the next few days. I'll check back in the AM - might make a twilight tee time.

Walked 18, organized the bag, washed clubs, and booked tee times.

Hit a large bucket in the heat and humidity!

My son was asked to fill in for a scramble by his golf instructor. First time for him and did great. His playing partner was excellent and he really had fun. He’s currently working on his Level 3 with US Golf so still beginner but so stoked for the experience today.

Attachments

• 1B09C44B-9D16-4757-BE72-8BF03FAAE313.jpeg
    1B09C44B-9D16-4757-BE72-8BF03FAAE313.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 5
  • EB0FE2B6-2E38-4007-86B8-B70E95314E05.jpeg
    EB0FE2B6-2E38-4007-86B8-B70E95314E05.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 5
Took my daughter to the driving range for the first time this year. Rusty but got back in the groove by the end.

Played 18 game is still a little rusty but getting a lot better

Busy last three days, Played Friday, league game Saturday, and played yesterday. Scores were not quite a low as I think they should be, but hanging in there.

My body if mostly jelly today, but that won't stop me. Today I plan to putt, hit into my net, and probably pitch as well. I must be a glutton for punishment. o_O

Sorted the bag for tomorrows 9 holes

Back