What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Dew Sweeping this morning for a quick 91DA01E4A-B643-4210-A511-81480869879A.jpegD986338C-EC2E-4FDE-8A32-69D8B071C6A9.jpeg

Got the EXS220 Driver re-gripped with a mid-sized CP2 Wrap

THP'd, played 18, cracked open my new honmas, watched some of the tournament coverage, and am checking the specs on the irons (looks like the guy that barely played them played just my kind of flat), and shopping for a range finder.

Last edited:
THP'd, watched the Rocket Mortgage Classic on PGA Tour Live, Practiced some putting and cleaned my clubs for my round in the morning

Just a couple of short pitches with limited flight balls in the back yard.

Played 9 great holes and 9 terrible holes.

Opened with a 51 and closed with a 42. 51 is bad for me, 42 is really good for me.

Swapped the irons and wedges out from my bag with the new ones

Fitted the shotscope tags to the new clubs and changed the bag settings to match

Pitch, chip, flop, & putt practice earlier this morning.
Just a little drill I sometimes do.

After a few warm ups, using a game ball, after reading the green, I pitch, chip, or flop the ball towards the pin. Then putt the ball on the missed shots..

I do this from various areas, distances, and lies around the green. I also use various clubs.

Focus is on 3, or less strokes for each attempt. I got in about 25 holes, before more golfers started showing up.

From the practice green I meandered over to the practice bunker, and hit a few out of the sand.

Then called it a day.

Took my new 7i and 52* to the range.

Sorted my bag ready for my club singles match play in the morming

THPing all day as usual. Unpacked my new SC Super Rat which arrived earlier this afternoon. Also waiting for my TE 3 17* fairway wood to arrive from Tour Exotics.

THP, planted the seed for a round next Friday with a buddy, listened to Off Course 12, THP'd some more....

THP'd, played 18 this morning.

Played 18.

Played a very promising round of golf and got some grips ready to put on a few clubs.

Played 18, not very well but I played. :ROFLMAO:

Played 18 with some buddies and a new guy.

New guy wanted to play from the tips, but he agreed to play from the whites with us mere mortals.

I shot 87. Buddy #1 shot 91. Buddy #2 shot 95.

Superman shot 105.

THP'd, THC'd, and got word from the club guy the clubs are ready. Too bad I missed his call out mowing the lawn and meeting with a roofer. Oh well. Monday it is. Hotter than Hades anyway.

2 man scramble tournament - lots of fun

Played a good 18 in the morning, 40/40 for a cool 80. Received my new 3 wood from Cobra which took almost a month to get. THP'd and did some research on courses in the Central/Eastern Washington area for my annual trip to Northern Idaho.

Took my lad for his third lesson

Moved my clubs to my cart bag for tomorrows competition as I have decided to push the bag tomorrow, especially as I have never played the course before

Good on the putts. Scrambles are tough to win if you are honest and not rocked at the end. Sounds like some teams were generous with string and mulligans

What was the putting prize? New putter ?
$50 gift certificate in the pro shop which I didn’t notice until I had already left. It’s a local course so it won’t be hard to run back over and use it. I bought the stroke lab ten last year on pre-order and I’m just starting to roll it really well, best part of my game right now, so while I would gladly take another putter I don’t know it could beat out the ten.

With eight feet of string and 4 mulligans each it’s not hard to go low if you’ve got some good players, we didn’t expect to win but we played pretty well and were happy with that. Scrambles are fun but unless you’re playing against the course or a couple teams of friends with your own set of rules you can feel fairly certain someone is going crazy low. Could be great players or a few who are as good with a pencil as they are with their clubs.

bought a 70X Vizard for one of the fairway woods, not sure if it will go in the 3 or 7 wood. But I am leaning to the 3 wood.

Back