What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Literal translation. You want to see some pics, correct?

that...and i plan to get out to take some on-course shots. i have an idea what i'm looking for (mostly the landscape, golden hour type stuff but if i can snag a few golf swing silhouettes, that'd be a bonus)

that...and i plan to get out to take some on-course shots. i have an idea what i'm looking for (mostly the landscape, golden hour type stuff but if i can snag a few golf swing silhouettes, that'd be a bonus)

I am planning to take some pics of the man-cave and post'em in the thread I started awhile back.

Put a Golf Pride MCC on the Tensei Orange this afternoon. First time doing a re-gripping in a while and first time doing a driver. Had a little trouble getting the grip to match the square face, but I think I'm good.

CB6E9CEF-C44F-4AA4-BF59-C8F66F3FF747_1_105_c.jpeg

Cleaned my clubs. THPing. About to go play a quick 9 at a par 3. Going to see if they'll let me play around twice but they only had one tee time for 9.

Walked 18 and now watching the Workday Open while THPing.

Sorted my bag for my round today, removed the 60* in anticipation of the new hybrid arriving on Tuesday

Screenshot (40).png

Played in my club championship qualifier, day 2.

Best I can say is I did not post high gross or high net.

P U

THP'ing and watched the final round of the WorkDay. Will probably look up tee times for tomorrow.

Played 7 and then a storm rolled in. Good thing because I was really bad today.

Walked 18 this morning, now watching the tape delayed but completed Workday Open pretending I don't know that Morikawa won.

I just booked a late afternoon round. Not late enough though. Gotta eat, shower and drive in the next hour and twenty minutes.

I just booked a late afternoon round. Not late enough though. Gotta eat, shower and drive in the next hour and twenty minutes.

Hit'em well, sir!!!

Played in a club texas scramble, we won it with 54.5, our team had 2.5 shots and we had 13 birdies,great fun on a lovely sunny day.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Got hood winked by a grandkid, and her cousin into playing 9 holes earlier today.

112 degrees they say. A little on the humid side due to previous irrigation that went on.

Had great time. The course was pretty much empty, most likely due to the temp.

Played to a 41 for my effort. The youngsters played best ball against me, scoring a 43.

I still had to buy lunch........

I learned that I've been approaching bunkers the wrong way during this whole covid thing. I've been pretty much playing it as it lies, occasionally getting a pretty poor lie as a result.

One of my playing partners hit one into a bunker, stepped in to retrieve his ball and then dropped on the grass opposite the hole. Seems way easier than my method.:cool:

Most scrambles are won before the first cart even leaves the parking lot. If they can sleep okay at night then that's their business I guess. I couldn't do it.

Right on! There are guys who will put together teams with the singular notion of winning as much money as possible. They will all be single digit handicappers, and usually crush the field. Plus, around here, there was a tourney called "Greatest Golfer in the Valley" that featured a "super scramble" event as part of the program. You had to win one of 22 qualifying scrambles to make the field. One year the team that won the super scramble shot 21 under! In the newspaper article it was revealed that two members of the team would be joining whatever iteration of the Korn Ferry Tour was in place at the time. The other two would be going back to their golf scholarships at major universities!
Walked 18 this morning, now watching the tape delayed but completed Workday Open pretending I don't know that Morikawa won.

Same here! I kept wondering how Thomas would hose things up on the last two holes! Tough loss!

Played Somerset Hills today as a guest. Didn't score well but hit the ball pretty well. 89. Greens were firm and fast and were super tricky to putt on. Landed a lot of approach shots on the green that went long. Still had a blast.

Played 18 and tried to 3-putt every hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit the range and put on a show (where was that on the course yesterday?). Chipped and putted at the range. Got my new PuttOut pressure trainer and confused the hell out of myself. Not sure it’s the tool for me.

THPed this morning for as short while. Heading to the Post Office to mail out a putter which was purchased by a fellow THPer. Then to the golf course, have a tee time at 11:30.

Went to driving range hit a bucket, practiced putting and chipping and all with this view!
7741840B-EA13-42F2-BB3B-508789AAAD71.jpeg

Took my second of four beginner golf classes. Got about fifteen minutes of extra practice in beforehand and practiced for another fifteen minutes afterward. About halfway through the class he stopped us and showed us how to turn our baby swings into full swings. I'm tired, and can tell already I'm a-gonna be sore tomorrow, but it's all good (y) Slooowly getting my swing corrected :)

Back