What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

A little lunch time testing and putting session to prep for the Club Championship this weekend.
F03EC3FD-855C-493E-A772-438EC8119C44.jpeg

Put a new shaft in one of my clubs today. I recently picked up a new TEE CBX 119 16* hybrid, but the EvenFlow Blue 85 shaft just wasn't working for me. I ordered a UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap F3 for it, and put it in this afternoon. I have a Recoil 780 ES F3 in my TEE EX9 Tour 20* hybrid, and love it, so hoping this change will work for the new hybrid.

Played 18 before it got too hot, watched golf on TV.

THP’d. Got my new 3W cover. Packed up and headed to the coast for a mini golf trip with the wife...nice little 40 degree temp swing ;)...105 back home, 64 here.

THP, listened to Off Course, went to the range - compared some iron shafts, sorted out something that was off last round, and played musical shafts with some driver heads, and my newest Honma set showed up 5 minutes AFTER I got done at the range, so I'm staring at them and trying to figure out how I can get them bent before our round in the morning at 9, when they don't open the shop until 9, and it's on the other side of town. :unsure: I

is 65 degrees cold? :rolleyes: I feel like it is these days...and I didn’t bring pants :LOL:

I took a day off to play 18 on Friday, and I’ll be playing again today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorted my bag out for tomorrow's round, teeing off at 8am

Put some balls up for sale and contemplating selling my Nike Cart Bag

No golf yesterday but watch some LPGA coverage.

Finished up the CBX 119 hybrid I reshafted yesterday. Cleaned up the ferrule, and put a GP MCC Team Navy-Red grip on it. Ready to go give it a workout, might hit the range later today.

CBX119_00s.jpg
CBX119_01s.jpg
CBX119_02s.jpg
CBX119_03s.jpg
CBX119_04s.jpg

I practiced my short game. Chipping, sand traps, pitch shots. I tried using my 3 hybrid for chipping. Gotta get used to that. The ball really seems to fly off the face. I’m putting in a lot more time trying to develop better feel for distance.
I saw a video of Gary Player talking to a group. He asked for those who were a 16-19 handicapper. He said if he and one of them played together, and they played all of the high handicappers shots until they got to 100 yards, and all of his from there in, they’d be a 4 handicap.
I play with a friend who has been beating me every time. The reason he wins is because he has a better short game than me........for now.

First round of member-member. Did good work net wise. Have a shot to surprise some sandbaggers tomorrow. I.e. somehow there's a +handicap in the 4th flight. 🧐

Walked 18 this morning. Not a bad ball striking day, but yikes on the putting. Greens at this course were way faster than the home track.

Walked 18

THP'd, walked 18 and now THPing again with the LPGA on in the background.

Played 18 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practice session. 2 range buckets and then played 3 holes. Ball striking is back on track. Now if I can just make some putts. Playing 18 tomorrow early.
Time for a new putter. ;)Maybe a Toulon.

Played 18, watched the St. Jude's, watched some LPGA, now THP'ing.

Practice session. 2 range buckets and then played 3 holes. Ball striking is back on track. Now if I can just make some putts. Playing 18 tomorrow early.
Can't wait to play next weekend! Played 18 today and each nine felt totally different, so I'm just hoping for some consistency here in a weeks time!

Played 18. Stopped by Dicks and was about to walk in to get a new brush and decided I wanted to play some more. Found a tee time at Mission Hills and had just enough time to drive there. Made my tee time already warmed up. Played pretty well. Started the 9 well too at par after 5. Then the carrying of a fully loaded bag got to me and I feel apart the last 4 with two bogeys and double and a triple.

Back