What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

7:00 am tee time, THP and Morgan Cup spots open are you freakin' kidding me???
Man, I love THP!

I was looking at the 2018 version versus the Newport 2. The Chicago is screaming at me!!!
Listen to that screaming of the Chicago! I can't recommend it enough!

THPing today.. Trying to catch up on what I've missed. Life has been too busy lately!!

I am always looking for some new shot to try. For a while now new choices have been pretty slim.

I caught some of last week's pga tournament. One of the golfers had a pretty severe (imo) bunker lie. It was a steep down hill lie, in the sand, near the top of the bunker. He had what appeared to be several yards to the green, and still had most of the bunker to clear in front of him.

I closely duplicated that situation this morning in our short game practice area. Even with my set up having one foot in the bunker, and the other on top in the turf.

WOW!! is all I can say. What an extremely tough shot to pull off.

It took me quite a while, and several different clubs just to get across, and out of the bunker. After a several more shots, I was able to get out of the bunker, but still short of the green. This was the same out come the pga player had. The best I could was 4 strokes to hole out.

What I did find was I could save a stroke if I just popped the ball out of the bunker, backwards, away from the hole.this gave me a better lie to get closer to the pin on the green. I holed out a few in 3 strokes with a one putt. .

I really had some fun trying to make this shot work, and will revisit it in the far future.

I am always looking for some new shot to try. For a while now new choices have been pretty slim.

I caught some of last week's pga tournament. One of the golfers had a pretty severe (imo) bunker lie. It was a steep down hill lie, in the sand, near the top of the bunker. He had what appeared to be several yards to the green, and still had most of the bunker to clear in front of him.

I closely duplicated that situation this morning in our short game practice area. Even with my set up having one foot in the bunker, and the other on top in the turf.

WOW!! is all I can say. What an extremely tough shot to pull off.

It took me quite a while, and several different clubs just to get across, and out of the bunker. After a several more shots, I was able to get out of the bunker, but still short of the green. This was the same out come the pga player had. The best I could was 4 strokes to hole out.

What I did find was I could save a stroke if I just popped the ball out of the bunker, backwards, away from the hole.this gave me a better lie to get closer to the pin on the green. I holed out a few in 3 strokes with a one putt. .

I really had some fun trying to make this shot work, and will revisit it in the far future.
Was that the one where the guy had the ball on the far edge and literally had to hit almost straight down on it? He only managed to pop it up on the grass on the other side of the bunker. If that is the one, it was astounding he got that where he did.

I was looking at the 2018 version versus the Newport 2. The Chicago is screaming at me!!!
Toulon Chicago gets my vote. I had the 2018 Newport and it doesn't come close to the Chicago. Would I go back to a Scotty, yes and have one that I am waiting for it to arrive.

Was that the one where the guy had the ball on the far edge and literally had to hit almost straight down on it? He only managed to pop it up on the grass on the other side of the bunker. If that is the one, it was astounding he got that where he did.
Sounds like it's the same one.

Playing in a few hours, watching pga champ coverage on golf channel now. Digging that blue and white cobra bag that Bryson has.

Walked 9 after work, THP'd

Worked on my forward press with my irons to initiate my swing at the range with positive results, and then went back to an older putter to work on the greens. I've tried 2 newer putters after this old one, but never was happy with feel and distance, so back to my oldest one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chipping and putting in the living room. Put the new putting grip into action over the weekend and saw success. Working to keep it going!

I did some putting and some iron work.. Getting there!

Played 18. had to skip league after my first 18 as I wasn't feeling well.

I THP'd a little, cleaned up the vokey I reshafted, bid on a bunch of components, and put my favorite bag and set in the main room to stare at for motivation.

Took my son to golf camp today. Working on his Level 3 pin. Took my daughter to putt and some chipping.

THP'd, played 18 on an absolutely beautiful desert summer morning. Just enough breeze to keep the heat down, and we started on the back 9 so had a wide open course in front of us all day.

Chipping and putting in the living room. Put the new putting grip into action over the weekend and saw success. Working to keep it going!
May have missed it somewhere, but what change did you make?

May have missed it somewhere, but what change did you make?
I previously had a normal grip with a strong right hand all the way at the bottom of the grip. I don’t know why I started doing that but it worked. Just kind of lost confidence in it after playing some torn up greens. Now I’m back to a standard reverse overlap (definitely) with right index finger down the shaft (maybe).

I previously had a normal grip with a strong right hand all the way at the bottom of the grip. I don’t know why I started doing that but it worked. Just kind of lost confidence in it after playing some torn up greens. Now I’m back to a standard reverse overlap (definitely) with right index finger down the shaft (maybe).
We just learned here that that's bad remember ;) (I do it too)

We just learned here that that is bad remember ;) (I do it too)
I’m still undecided on the finger. With it down the shaft this past weekend I had 31 putts with only one three putt from 40 feet. Gotta get back to the 100 putt challenge and get comfortable with something.

I’m still undecided on the finger. With it down the shaft this past weekend I had 31 putts with only one three putt from 40 feet. Gotta get back to the 100 putt challenge and get comfortable with something.
Totally understand! I don't even remember when I went to putting my finger down but I feel like it helped. Putting is so player based anyway that I don't think there is a correct way to do it. Just a way that works for you!

Nothing yet other than a limited amount of THPing. But I plan on hitting a bucket of balls or putting tonight.

Cleveland Cart bag and a dozen Bridgestone e12 yellow. I have never played the e12 so I'm hoping based on my Bridgestone ball fitting that it may be the ball I need to improve my game.

Just some THP'ng today

Back