What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

THP and watched a lot of the PGA Championship

Hit 75 practice balls and then broke 100, but on a mediocre track. If I could pitch and put, it would have been low 90s or high 80s.

As I said in another thread, tried out some Truefeels and they didn't hold the greens well at all. I switched back to the latest e6s and I was able to get a few wedges to sit very nicely.

thought about golf. THP'd

Some putting on the mat and plenty of PGA coverage and THP. Also set up a round for Saturday morning.

Range session. Killing this 4 wood tonight. Was hitting halfway up the netting at the back of the range with it. 250 carry. The guy next to me asked if it was a mini driver . Nope only 4 wood 💥

Range session and short game practice

THP'd, watched the PGA and participated in the live round thread for it, prepped stuff for my round tomorrow morning.

Played nine this evening after work. Played two balls single. It was nice. I don't know if I am viewing this correctly, but I feel like all the practice and lessons are starting to pay off. I flew 2 greens and I viewed that as positives. They weren't bad shots. I just struck the ball well and I was playing a club long because I haven't been doing that.

Booked for Saturday morning and looking for a fourth. Let’s go!

Just returned from some early morning practice. My thermometer was reading a cool 68* degrees at 5:30 am.

Mostly chipping practice this morning. Hit 84 balls.

The routine went as such. Picture a clock orientation face where 12 o'clock is east, 6 o'clock is west, and 3 and 9 are south, and north. The green is located inside the 12 numbers. All shots were from 15-25+/- feet.

Now picture the pin at 9 o'clock, with the balls (14) spread out from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock. In between there is two tier green sloping from 2 o'clock to 7 o'clock.

After those 14 balls were chipped at the 9 o'clock pin, I used a pin located at 6 o'clock, hitting balls spread out from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock.

I did this seven times from various locations around the green to seven different pin locations. This gave me both right and left breaks. It also gave up hill/down hill chips. Even some side hill stuff. This required reading the roll, hitting my landing area, and stroking a crisp ball contact. This was easy to do since I had the chipping green all to myself.

Of the 84 chips, I holed out 7 of them. Others stopped close, while a few others missed by a large margin.

After that I hit some full swing 7 iron shots across the short game area. Again, I had the area to myself.

Called it quits when other golfers started showing up to enjoy a rare, cool, August morning.

Went over and tried to buy a Cleveland CBX 2 in 54° or 56°. Did some practice chipping before leaving the house. Went well enough. Got there and couldn't chip to save my soul. Back home, later, chipping just fine again.
shake.gif

Other than that: Just practiced my swing. Still needs a lot of work.

Walked 9 after work

Fought well above my weight class in the THP store for a mystery grab bag. Now just patiently waiting to see if I actually succeeded.

Walked 18 and watched a lot of PGA coverage.

Bummed. I went to play 9 after work and they were so backed up I just left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THP'd, watched some PGA Championship and played 9

36 holes today watched PGA after! Awesome start to the boys golf weekend.

Played 18, THP'd, watched PGA.

I went to the range around 7:15. Got there and bought my bucket. Walked out to find a spot. Fully packed with 2 deep across about half the range. Took 30-40 minutes to get a spot. Bought a large bucket thinking I had time to get through 96 balls by 8. Only got 60 in and was going to miss bedtime for my daughter and had to take off. Hit the ball relatively well.

Club Monthly Medal today and tee’ing off in about an hour. Got caught up with PGA championship leaderboard - Tiger needs a good moving day.

Went to the range and hit 100 balls (2 buckets) using up my range key I got on sale at last.

I think i found a way to hit driver straight and also to stripe my irons while I correct my swing. Also practiced my 56 for about 30 shots there and almost landed it inside the oil barrel so I'll take that for a green shot.

Washed my bag towel, which I love but I am also not wanting to use as I got it from Ardglass course when I went back to visit family. Think I should just buy a towel from somewhere and stop using this one.

Sorted out my bag for tomorrow morning round

Went through my golf box and moved all the balls and headcovers to a new box

1 Dozen TP5, 1 Dozen TP5x Pix 2.0, 3 Dozen White Pro V 1x, 1 Dozen Yellow Pro V1x and 1 Dozen Vision Balls

Think I have enough balls now for a few rounds in the storage box. Not to mention the balls I have in the bag

About to hit up a hopefully quick 9.

About to hit up a hopefully quick 9.

Shot a 38 on a par 30. Was playing well through 7 and then dunked one in the water and got a triple on 8 and three putted for a terrible double from 10 feet on 9.

Back