What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

THP, some texting with golf friends, anticipating the grab bag, and watching pga from the pool rooting for team Cobra.15FE13BA-7ECC-4F4A-B3D6-3489D83EF250.jpeg

THPed, was tired but walked 9, watched PGA.

Just watched the PGA since my ribs are totally jacked and I can’t play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a nap to recover so I can do golf stuff tomorrow... that counts, right?

2 buckets on range and spent time putting with the SL black 7s. I like much about that putter with the exception of the sound off the face. It is more dull sounding than firm. The roll is good however. Might give it a shot tomorrow in league.

Hitting, I spent time working on higher speed driver swings. Mixed bag but there are times on my home course where there is enough room and potential reward to take the big swing. I brought driver swing speed down lately, and that has helped me find more fairways.

Walked 9 and watched the PGA.

THP, watched final round, played 9 holes with my eldest son

Started 5 over after 4 and finished with a 7 over 79.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the PGA Championship, THP’d, chipped wiffle balls in the living room and rolled a few putts on the PuttOut trainer while watching Morikawa battle his way to a great win.

Pga championship and THPing! A great Sunday

I played 18, watched the tournament finish, THP'd, and am currently changing our venue and tee time for tomorrow to avoid what looks like packed 8 minute times a couple hours in each direction. Heat index is 106 tomorrow. That's way too hot to play that slow of a round.

watched the tourney, THP'd then closed out the evening with a fast 18

20200809_201235.jpg

THP’d and eBay’d. Found a great FJ waterproof jacket after doing the return on a UA one I gambled on.

Played in a mixed trophy event at our club on Saturday and we came away with a win

The event was a foursome event with a trophy for the lowest nett score and another trophy for the next best Stableford score and we finished only 2 shots behind the nett winners

A better front 9 could have seen us challenging for the lowest nett score but a couple bad shots from both of us meant it wasn't quite to be

Some chipping in the back garden

After taking a couple of days off from swing practice, and or play, I got back out there this morning.

This morning I dedicated some practice time to hitting balls out of 2nd cut rough. Maybe 2-3 inch
grass height. I pick this routine because I tend to play a fair number of game shots from the second cut

I hit balls sitting up, and sitting down in the grass. Did this using various clubs. This is a good way for me to remind myself what works, and doesn't work.

After that routine it was just some easy flops, and pitches over a bunker to flag 20 yards past the bunker. Those shots were off fairway lies.

Just an easy morning hour or so spent on the golf course.

Sorted my bag for tomorrows round after work, subject to the weather, as its forecast for thunder showers

My 54 and 58 wedges really were showing their age, so I bought a couple wedges, put my shafts in them, swing weighted them and adjusted the lie. Quick little, fun project.
6CFC1D46-21D9-4774-848F-F2DE70771FA2.jpeg

Played 9 with @snafu for our league. I did stay up till midnight last night to book a tee time for thurs. can only do it 3 days out.

Practiced chipping earlier and now THPing.. Life is better lately

Rolled some putts & followed along with the US Am!

Been searching for Travis Mathew polos and quarter zips. Anyone know how their clothing fits compared to Puma or Nike? Specifically those two since that's essentially what all my golf clothing is. I haven't bought anything so I consider looking at it, doing golf stuff lol

I am looking through this thread right now so I may find my answer there but anyone is welcome to give their opinion

Back