What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Hit two pyramids of balls at the range. PW for one and 8 iron for the other. Working on left shoulder movement and ball contact. 75% swing with PW and 50% swing with 8 iron was max for this drill. Working on the building blocks for my swing.

Played 18, THP'd.

My 54 and 58 wedges really were showing their age, so I bought a couple wedges, put my shafts in them, swing weighted them and adjusted the lie. Quick little, fun project.
View attachment 8957299
Wow. What a difference. First time with the 54 and I spun it back 21 feet. 9530D7D0-732F-4C64-AD11-F47FEF19BDD2.jpeg

I've been putting quite well this year with my double-wide stroke lab putter, but just for the heck of it I'm changing it out with my last year's putter a red TaylorMade Ardmore. I putt pretty well with it also, so it will be interesting to compare the two.

Walked 9 after work

This is why I'm pondering replacing my favorite fairly worn wedges.

It's also why I'm terrified of doing it.
I change mine out about once a year. I didn’t realize how worn my grooves actually were.

Walked 18

installed shaft adapter. thanks to the THP video it was straight forward!

Checking my numbers on the launch monitor , short game practice after this

Range session. Focused on PW and 5i, grooving swing. Then some putting practice before walking 4 holes. Hitting the ball very well. I have the swing feel I want, and my consistency, distance control, and left-right dispersion have all improved. Chipping and putting is OK. I need to increase my up and down percentage. I'm about 50%.

I had another lesson today and we’re starting to get into more of the changes to my swing. Hopefully I’ll be able to implement them without too much trouble. It’s tough to swing loose when you’re dealing with swing thoughts but I should have it ingrained in a couple of weeks I hope 🤞

Thought I was having a lesson so I showed up. Didn't so I went and hit a large bucket of balls. Hit them pretty well. Getting rid of my push and fade/slices. Hitting a bunch more draws which is what my shot is if I am striking the ball. Which is good because it means I can play my shot instead of playing straight down the middle because I don't know if it is going to slice or draw and definitely ending up in the rough on one side.

Hit the range.

Worked on impact..this is about 10 consecutive swings.

0613EF60-4883-446C-83F7-199CC102BF8D.jpeg

THPed off and on most of the day. Bought a couple of Bettinardi golf hats. Ordered a Aidhm 4 putter, and waiting on a fellow THPer to see if he wants one of the putters I have up for sale. :whew:

Played a solo 18 holes in 100+ degrees. 3 hour round. It wasn't pretty. 5 pars and ugly every thing else.

Played the last 5 holes with just my 5i, AW, and putter, as they were the only three clubs that I could use well today.

Enough said. It's now beer 30 o'clock.

Got my swing speed on Trackman up from last year. Average was 108. Fastest was 113.

I got a little swing work in today then booked a tee time for the weekend

Played 9 with my son.

We have been slammed at work and my assistant covered for me to have the full aft off! I had set up a 9 hole playing lesson to work on aiming and thoughts on how to play better and stay focused. I learned a ton about my alignment and played some great golf while we made our way around the course. Worked on FW bunker shots for a bit as those tend to give me a bit of grief. I then went to another course and played 18 working on what we had just covered. No scoring no arccos no nothing except my thought process on how i wanted to hit my shots and where. It was a great way to spend the aft away from the chaos of work.

Took the new bag out to chip and putt. The quality on this bag is outstanding!

9E99BA4A-42C3-4D8D-B3BC-932AC539334E.jpg

Practiced with my 7yr old while waiting for her brother to finish his camp. Currently he’s trying to finish his Level 3. 61858ADB-D90E-4F15-8F70-157114E652C4.jpegD1AAE785-B3B9-441F-962E-4D11678A2580.jpeg

Last edited:
Just THP'd today

Hit around 30 balls on the range with wedge and 7 iron to test out the ribs. They are still a little tender but looking much much better. Hopefully I’ll be able to play in our club championship this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back