What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Sorted my bag out for this afternoon's round

Watched some golf, I can't get over how often they zoom in on the high grass where you can't see the ball, I don't know what it is about it but it makes me giggle every time. Thanks for showing me the grass camera-man!

Otherwise I went to the range and hit my 9i and 6i for a small bucket on my way to daycare. I need to get ready for a round next week and next weekend with my BIL and FIL. I had tons of good hits, only had probably 10 bad hits out of my bucket so I felt pretty good about it.

958713E5-DD0B-4CD7-AFCD-01C6F9549D6A.jpeg
1st tee time of the morning. Nice brisk 37*.

Set up tee time for tomorrow morning.

Sorted my bag out for this afternoon's round
When Doogie and I get home, that, and club cleaning are next in the list. Tee time 12:30 and about an hour drive so its just about time. Hopefully l will be back in time to catch the end of today's open.

When Doogie and I get home, that, and club cleaning are next in the list. Tee time 12:30 and about an hour drive so its just about time. Hopefully l will be back in time to catch the end of today's open.

Hope you have a great round, sir! :golf2:

Hope you have a great round, sir! :golf2:
Sir? Christ, am I that old already? 😆. Kidding, and thank you sir! My wife, son and I are taking my father-in-law for his birthday so it should be pretty relaxing... As long as I win... 😂

Sir? Christ, am I that old already? 😆. Kidding, and thank you sir! My wife, son and I are taking my father-in-law for his birthday so it should be pretty relaxing... As long as I win... 😂

Don't let the wife beat you on any holes you'll never hear the end of it. :LOL:

20200919_090511.jpg

Wife and I decided we'll range instead of play today, and we're looking at houses so I won't get to watch the Open probably, but we're doing our normal weekend morning of breakfast on the balcony and watching the golfers to get our fix. It's the best part of living here. I love it.

Eating breakfast before the round at TPC Scottsdale Champions course today. Tomorrow is McCormick Ranch Palms course, and Monday is We-Ko-Pa.
Dont tell me to live thread it, because I will undoubtedly forget to do so. 🤪

Walked 9
Got my first ever Hole in One
THP'd
Watching the US Open

Spent about 45 minutes working on my hip turn in my down swing.

I'm no swing guru, but I have read that the golfer's hip turn controls the golfer's swing tempo, which in turn controls swing speed, and how consistently well the golfer hits the ball.

I already have a good swing tempo. Problem is it's a little on the slow side. In other words I have slower swing speed, which in turn costs me distance. It could be age related, or hopefully I have just become lazy.

So my practice today was to work on speeding up my down swing hip turn. It's been a work in progress for a few months now.

A faster hip turn, equals a faster swing tempo, which equals a faster swing speed, which equates to more full swing distances.

There is a light at the end of that tunnel.........I hope.

Walked 9
THP'd
Watching the US Open
Drank WAAAAAAY too much last night. I'm good. No thanks. :cool:
Congrats! Still need my 1st one. (y)

Walked 9
THP'd
Watching the US Open
Congrats!

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

After 27 holes and a range session yesterday, along with a fair amount of alcohol, I'm THPing and recovering. Body is definitely a bit sore today lol

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Watched the Open and rolled some putts while I watched.

THP’d, watched the U.S. Open. Nice lazy day.

Played 18 and watched the US Open.

Golfed a round with my family for my father-in-law's birthday! Perfect weather and I had a great round (for me) at 88 with 36 putts.

Played a 9 hole short course (Deer Valley in Big Rock, IL) where I had 6 pars, 1 birdie, and umm err 2 double bogies. 39 degrees to start the round. The good thing about today is I started with with 2 double bogies and ended with a birdie. So not too many complaints. Researching Skytrak and Mevo + for indoor (cold garage) play during the winter.

Deer_Valley.PNG

Back