What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played a 9 hole short course (Deer Valley in Big Rock, IL) where I had 6 pars, 1 birdie, and umm err 2 double bogies. 39 degrees to start the round. The good thing about today is I started with with 2 double bogies and ended with a birdie. So not too many complaints. Researching Skytrak and Mevo + for indoor (cold garage) play during the winter.

View attachment 8964326

Great pic, dude!!! 👍

I spent 3 HOURS at the range trying to figure some things out. Conclusions were (relative to me)

1 - I'm suddenly in desperate need of long and mid iron spin

2 - I continue to just mash driver

3 - The new wedges play okay

4 - #1 is only a part of a larger problem

Looking forward to the wife going to bed so I can watch today's Open coverage and dismantle my new irons.

watched the US Open...played 9 with the B Bag...some nike forged iron fun...and some not so fun. rolled the seemore...love it but it's not bumping the elevado.

Played 18, didn't play great but was a nice day so that was a plus

Swing practice and chipping practice. Lots of putting practice on the mat.

Last edited:
I played 9 in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a standard poo round in the unbelievably brutal heat of Arizona. We’re scheduled for two more, pop-in-law and bro-in-law may or may not make either round. If so, I’ll go give myself heatstroke as a single. Got it today from being too caffeinated, and not starting to drink water soon enough. So, I bought a gallon of water this evening and will be freezing that over night for tomorrow.

Sorted my bag for my lunchtime round

1600609834705.png
Not today but tomorrow morning my SMGA is taking a field trip to Barnsley Gardens Resort. It's about an hour north of our club and we have 28 guys signed up to play.
It is a very nice resort and aside from golf there is a spa, horseback riding and a sporting clays course. Think golf with guns.
This will be the first round I will be playing with the new Big Bertha B21 driver. Look for the review tomorrow evening in the review thread.

Day 2 of recovery, and hoping to catch some of the final round of the Open.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Finished yesterday's coverage during breakfast, am breaking down swing videos from the range, and just checked to see when my regular golf store opens today, because we have to meet a realtor over by there at 12:30, and if I'm going to miss the tournament I'm going to buy some ****, damnit. You like that house, honey? Good. How do you like my new B bag?

Walked 9 holes on a very hilly course
Watching the US Open now

Practiced chipping into my backyard, and now putting on the carpet while watching the Open in the family room.

Played 18 holes in some 20-30mph winds with wicked gusts.

Played 18 this afternoon. Had four three-putts on the front nine. I was hitting the ball well otherwise. Shot 89 which was about 5 strokes more than I was hoping, but it was a beautiful day weather wise so it is what it is.

I recorded the Open coverage with the expectation to watch it when I got home, but since it's over and I know who one I don't see the need, so I'm here THPing.

Picked up another dozen TP5 Pix 2.0 golf balls. Swing drills really seem to be coming together based on the contact sound into the net. I think I also corrected a major flaw tonight. Putting practice with the three front runners. The Tuttle is falling behind quickly. The Rossi and #1 are running close together and almost seem like a coin flip at this point.

Played 18 this afternoon. Had four three-putts on the front nine. I was hitting the ball well otherwise. Shot 89 which was about 5 strokes more than I was hoping, but it was a beautiful day weather wise so it is what it is.

I recorded the Open coverage with the expectation to watch it when I got home, but since it's over and I know who one I don't see the need, so I'm here THPing.

Glad to hear you were out and enjoyed the round man!

Walked 18 then watched the US Open.

THPed myself!

I added some tape to a few irons, put together a bag for tomorrow with more balls than I think I've ever put in a bag just in case I get a chance to test them, checked the tee times again :/, and then made the massive mistake of going into the swing tips forum at night, I can only assume, to piss myself off. :LOL: So I'm going to read about all the PB's and best shots and whatnot now so I can finish the night impressed and happy.

Banging balls today

Attachments

• 20200921_173913.jpg
    20200921_173913.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 4
Back