What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

I've caught up on THP reading a little while everyone sleeps in here. I plan on doing that throughout the day, and then hitting some of the new stuff later because there's no effing way I'm going to a psychic reading with the ladies. I will go play with new forgings, shafts, and space metals, thank you very much.

Some THPing this morning. Bettinardi had a Hive event this morning, scored a couple of items with the Wizard logo on them. Also getting a couple of putters in my collection regripped this morning as the grips need to be replaced very badly. :whew:

Looks good!!

You gotta stop writing 737v, 738v, whatever other ones I've missed when you're taking about them though! ****'s confusing! :LOL::LOL:

I might have to get a round in with mine when I get home. I have a set of black shafts I think I'm going to put in my 747v/Rose Proto combo and just call them done. I've been putting it off by telling myself in not 100% on where I want the combo change to be permanently, but I never actually change it.

Looks good!!

You gotta stop writing 737v, 738v, whatever other ones I've missed when you're taking about them though! ****'s confusing! :LOL::LOL:

I might have to get a round in with mine when I get home. I have a set of black shafts I think I'm going to put in my 747v/Rose Proto combo and just call them done. I've been putting it off by telling myself in not 100% on where I want the combo change to be permanently, but I never actually change it.

lol...I dont know wth they are!!! Lol

lol...I dont know wth they are!!! Lol
Haha I wanted to tell you that after you had some pretty obvious spin issues with them first time out I looked back at some old data and compared to a couple recent sessions. I average about 2-300 less spin with them than some of my others in that range like T100S. Doesn't cross the red line apparently though. Hope the new setup brings yours up into the more playable range. (y)

Last edited:
Haha I wanted to tell you that after you had some pretty obvious spin issues with them first time out I looked back at some old data and compared to a couple recent sessions. I average about 2-300 less spin with them than some of my others in that range life T100S. Doesn't cross the red line apparently though. Hope the new setup brings yours up into the more playable range. (y)
Those modus 120 shaft are a horrendous fot for me. I took a half day off to play tomorrow and will likely bring the Honmas with me. I need to hit a few range balls first though.

Haha I wanted to tell you that after you had some pretty obvious spin issues with them first time out I looked back at some old data and compared to a couple recent sessions. I average about 2-300 less spin with them than some of my others in that range like T100S. Doesn't cross the red line apparently though. Hope the new setup brings yours up into the more playable range. (y)
Ok, hit just a few at the range. Really like the setup of these heads. Only had time to hit about 20 balls, so not enough to make any judgements. I will say that I’m a little disappointed in what I saw, but tbh I think that speaks more to my inexperience building clubs. The swing weights are around D5 and that is a little sledge hammer like for me with the irons. They wont come with me on my round tomorrow, but will bring them to Myrtle for giggles. I also note the range balls were terrible, which doesnt help any.

Full bag club cleaning.

Got out to the range while the rain broke for a couple hours. I had a great session with the driver. Best I have hit it in the last month.

Played 18, THP'd.

Regripped my first club. Still got a few to go.

Took turns carpet putting with the Indianapolis and Ping Heppler.

Just some THP, checked tracking # on some balls inbound.

Got to the range this evening for a small bucket and to try out the new driver and 3 wood!

Driving range, short game work, and THPing

Traded off a couple of putters from my collection earlier today. Traded them to a gentleman who was willing to trade a 50 Caliber Bettinardi for my two. I will have the 50 Caliber in my hands on Friday. :cool: :bananadance: :banana: :joy: :clapp: :alien2:

Pics will follow after the putter arrives on Friday. ;)

Re gripped the Honma’s with my preferred TV Mids. Should be much better now compared to the standards. T time in the morning.

THPing off and on today. No golf for me today, the golf gods taketh away. We had a couple of inches of rain overnight, the course wasn't allowing any carts out on the course today. :cry:

Had to cancel Thursday's tee time due to not being able to leave the area as we are in a Tier 3 area. Trying to get a tee time at a localish course in the area instead

Went to practice my driver on the range.

Met a friend in the parking lot, and we saw the first tee was wide open. Said screw the range stuff, walked in, paid our fees, and played 18 holes of very friendly golf.

Gamesmanship was encourage, and expected. Afterwards, we split the cost of adult beverages at the 19th hole.

Tomorrow could be a repeat. Something about "unfinished business" I guess.

Played 18 at a tricky course

Back