What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Molten

Man Down
Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
lol read my post in the Cobra King Tour thread

$ Taper Lite not an option in the Cobra King Tour as it is parallel tipped shaft, had to switch to taper tip (went with CTLs black)

Customer service was wicked chill - since @jdtox is completing my FT set, I asked them to cancel my PW order and change it to a King MIM FT order and they did easy peasy no additional nonsense, really great move on their part
I did and it makes not sense! 7 and P only?!

BigDill

Miami Slice
Reaction score
Handicap
Heck of a day playing golf with @T0AD and @Just_Hacking at PGA National on the champions course. We had a ton of fun and laughs. Love getting together with these fellas and catching up. Even picked up an awesome new nickname, which is a huge honor and makes me an official part of the crew. Great time!

7CFD0F48-3B90-4ABB-A2A4-A184FD7202EC.jpeg

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
I did and it makes not sense! 7 and P only?!
that sentence doesn’t make sense lol

If you remember i thought i lost my 7i and PW -they have been recovered, but this is a set a really want to try, as you know besides bleeding THP white and green, the Cobra venom course through my veins.

I can keep three sets at a time (we can go into house rules later 😂) My thought is that the Bridgestone DPFs have played their last round in my hands and I will part with them soon. Currently I have the Forged Tecs which aren’t going anywhere and a set of T rails that I need to reshaft (Binary fell through) to replace the DPFs I’m leaning toward King Forged Tour but why not mess around with the 7i and PW to see if it’s a good fit (i’m an internet golfer after all) and also provide some good initial thoughts to my fellow THPers.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Heck of a day playing golf with @T0AD and @Just_Hacking at PGA National on the champions course. We had a ton of fun and laughs. Love getting together with these fellas and catching up. Even picked up an awesome new nickname, which is a huge honor and makes me an official part of the crew. Great time!

View attachment 8970797
Fun group there, how’d you guys handle the Bear Trap?

Molten

Man Down
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
that sentence doesn’t make sense lol

If you remember i thought i lost my 7i and PW -they have been recovered, but this is a set a really want to try, as you know besides bleeding THP white and green, the Cobra venom course through my veins.

I can keep three sets at a time (we can go into house rules later 😂) My thought is that the Bridgestone DPFs have played their last round in my hands and I will part with them soon. Currently I have the Forged Tecs which aren’t going anywhere and a set of T rails that I need to reshaft (Binary fell through) to replace the DPFs I’m leaning toward King Forged Tour but why not mess around with the 7i and PW to see if it’s a good fit (i’m an internet golfer after all) and also provide some good initial thoughts to my fellow THPers.
Ok... ok. I want to poke fun at this so bad (it’s my default setting) but darn it if I don’t co-sign all of it and love the thinking. This man is SMART

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Ok... ok. I want to poke fun at this so bad (it’s my default setting) but darn it if I don’t co-sign all of it and love the thinking. This man is SMART
poke fun, let’s see what you got.

also why not if you do any if the club demos they usually send a 7i and a short iron to test out

Joshnoble01

Reaction score
Just THP and a little drilling inside. Was supposed to play 18 but my wife had an appointment and we got crossed up on times and I had to raincheck.

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Reaction score
Handicap
View attachment 8970792

I think the word you're looking for is 'nonprogressive', and the wedges are nearly identical in size. :LOL::LOL:
Not nearly identical IMHO. The Honma looks quite large behind the ball. Perhaps its the shaping and top line. Not saying its unplayable at all, just sets up larger in the playing position to my eye. I'm not quite used to looking at much offset, having played the T100S one degree weak.

Last edited:

Knot Right

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Took my 9 year old grand son out for a 4 hole loop after school. He explained the science of the golf swing & equipment to me the whole way. :unsure: He also pointed out that I needed to start using those fat grips that all the old guys play with so I could hold the club better and not hurt my wrist again.:oops:

I hit about 20 putts pain free with my soft cast on afterwards.

BigDill

Miami Slice
Reaction score
Handicap
Fun group there, how’d you guys handle the Bear Trap?
It was a scramble, and I believe we were even par through those three holes. I had the drive of my life on 16, they had a trackman set up for the longest drive on that hole, and I put it 279 in the middle of the fairway 😳. It was an awesome day, especially seeing Sean get to meet Johnny Bench.

Just_Hacking

Reaction score
Handicap
It was a scramble, and I believe we were even par through those three holes. I had the drive of my life on 16, they had a trackman set up for the longest drive on that hole, and I put it 279 in the middle of the fairway 😳. It was an awesome day, especially seeing Sean get to meet Johnny Bench.
That 279 was especially long since the course was really wet. If it would have been a dry day I think it would easily been 300!

choppstixxx

AK Look-a-like
Reaction score
Handicap
Other day I finally got my first golf club fitting at a local Titleist Thursday. Very surprised by the results and the final head/shaft combo I was fitted for. Looks like an end of the season purchase is in store to start fresh next year.

AnthonyC

Team Titleist
Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Tried out this glove, its great. And dialed in these irons. Love it.
20201023_161654.jpg

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Handicap
First time since the course opened this season I didn't get up at six for my morning tee time. Given the beautiful weather outside, trust me I wanted to but the muscles/nerves in my low back won't let me do it.

Getting in some quality THP time instead, and will probably watch golf later, browse the inter webs for equipment that I don't need, etc.

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap

WLG1952

Reaction score
Handicap
Started my cold weather training earlier this morning in 58-60 degree, breezy weather. It was still shorts, and short sleeves weather. Not real uncomfortable, but noticeable. Lots of dew on the turf.

Practiced 18 holes of chips, and putts. This, from various areas around the green, to various (3) pin locations. Idea was to average 2.5 strokes per hole or less. Wound up at 2.3. Slow greens.

After that it was some full swing 5i work to a 10' foot diameter green/pin location. 42 balls. Actually stuck 6 balls on the green. Another couple of dozen were close enough to feel good about my effort. The rest were playable, I guess.

OldandStiff

Reaction score
Handicap
+
Not nearly identical IMHO. The Honma looks quite large behind the ball. Perhaps its the shaping and top line. Not saying its unplayable at all, just sets up larger in the playing position to my eye. I'm not quite used to looking at much offset, having played the T100S one degree weak.
I kind of love that you feel this way about it. I think it really shows how much the look of things like offset and top line can change based on the shape and what we're used to (1 degree weak T100S), what appeals to us, etc. Because to my eye, they're about the same size (honma maybe a tick taller toe), my 747v has the same or even less offset, and the top line on the T100s looks a bit thinner, but I'm going to mic all of this later out of curiosity, and I bet it's actually thicker by the slimmest of hairs. The big thing I see between them that makes them look vastly different overall at address is the shape at the back of the neck.

Earl553

Reaction score
Handicap
Played 9 today, going to Play 18 tomorrow and it will be a first, because I‘ve book a cart the first time ever (my son was begging me to book one for quite some time). Not sure whether Golf without carrying and walking will be the same for me 🤔
Oh and booked another 18 for Tuesday morning. A friend asked whether I still have a job or already retired considering my playing streak throughout the last couple of months 😂

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Spending lots of time hitting into the net. Trying to get my swing smooth. It’s a struggle to not over swing.

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Taking some golf! 🔥

Probably watching some in a bit too.

6ixOhFore

Husky Eyes
Reaction score
Handicap
Played 18 today with friends

OldandStiff

Reaction score
Handicap
+
I have read golf, talked golf, watched golf, and am shopping golf like crazy right now.

tehuti

Reaction score
Handicap
Played 18 today. Now I am watching Zozo highlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in