What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Checked out the new Cobra putter and hope they make a version that would work for me. Had a good lesson this morning.

Lots of putts inside, and some THP-ing, specifically looking at the new Cobra putter and Srixon ZX lines 🔥🔥🔥

Started with my morning ritual of coffee and THP. Getting the long underwear ready for my round later today. A balmy 37 degrees now heating up to a blistering 51 with 35 mph gusts.. But its sunny so I got that going for me!:ROFLMAO:

Started with my morning ritual of coffee and THP. Getting the long underwear ready for my round later today. A balmy 37 degrees now heating up to a blistering 51 with 35 mph gusts.. But its sunny so I got that going for me!:ROFLMAO:
The sun makes a huge difference on days like today, so does the wind. Here's to more sun, and less wind for you...35 mph gusts :oops:

Hope you got the red flannels on, partner? :p :laughing:

Just some THP today. 40-50mph gusts today so no golf.

My Dad just asked if I would want a golf lesson as my Christmas present. I am excited and said absolutely, but then wondered if I should be insulted! 🤔😆

Murcar1.jpgMurcar2.jpg

Today's office - Murcar Links in Aberdeen in 25-30mph winds. A very tough, very tight course. But immaculate condition, true Scottish links.

Did a little THPing, received an email from my course announcing closing will be this Sunday the 22nd, checked on the forecast [37 for Saturday, 28 and rain for Sunday]. My golf season may be over. THPing a bit more now taking a work break.

Love the photos. Do 25-30 mph winds qualify as a hoolie?
Not quite a hoolie, but certainly a stiff breeze - about a 2-3 club wind I think, was hitting 8 iron into a 130 yard par 3 which should have been a steady wedge. Only lost one ball though which for me was a miracle!

No level lies there.... Beautiful looking hole, though.
Not a flat lie on the whole course, typical links - so tight and you can't even see the fairway from most of the tees. Greens were like lightning and shaved into the swales below the green. Brutal :LOL:

Went to Schaumburg Golf Club today. 35 mph winds NONSTOP! Nothing off the ocean like @HarlettoScara but a beautiful course I definitely will go back to! In great condition for this time of year.
IMG_9155.jpgIMG_9156.jpgIMG_9158.jpg

Another day on the range with Sub70 demo clubs.

I started out hitting balls off the four uneven lies. I was using about a 30* +/- slope. I was hitting balls up to 60 yards. Worked on my various stances, ball positions, shoulder alignments

While walking back to my truck to call it a day, a guy rolls up next to me in his cart and offers me a basket of (50 +/-) golf balls. When you purchase a tee time it includes a basket of range balls. This guy was not going to use his basket, and I accepted his offer.

I put my bag on my Clicgear, and made my way over to the driving range.

At the range, after figuring out my diy fairway, I worked exclusively with my driver, 3W, 5W, and 7W. Focus was on landing the ball close to, or in my make shift fairway. Spent more time with my 5W.

I figure I got in about 100-110 swings this morning.

I forwarded an Amazon listing for a SuperStroke Traxion Flatso 2.0 putter grip to my wife, to give to my mother-in-law. She doesn't know what to get me for Christmas, so this year I'm removing all suspense!

I went to the range today and worked on trying to draw the ball. I was watching a Mike Malaska Youtube video last night where he was teaching some drills for learning to draw the ball. I have been playing (again) for a few years now and I have never actively tried to learn how to draw the ball. So I think that will be my mission for 2021.

Woohoo lesson booked for 12/6! Also got confirmation that I won a new driver... currently looking into fittings to make sure I get set up right.

Back