What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

I soooooo hope you are correct! I really want the combo to work for me. Worst case, I have numerous other backup shafts to try in it (AD IZ 6X, Tensei Orange Pro 7S, Fuji Atmos TS Blue 7S). Gonna keep my fingers crossed it shows up soon. The FW should be here in the near future too me thinks. Also hoping that new Vessel bag pops over. Guess it will be a nice December.....so I'll get to just look at everything! lol.....
Oh ****. I kind of forgot about the Vessels showing up!! When is that supposed to be? End of first week? I need to remember to keep a grab-and-hide-before-she-sees-it eye out for that.

Yeah, you're in for quite a month of gear!!

watched a little RSM till it put me to sleep...watched the Pelican till my tee time. walked 7, just hitting along the way and enjoying my walk

Well it's officially over for 2020: my golf season, that is. With snow on the ground this morning the course has decided not to open on it's final day. I wasn't planning on playing anyway, since the first digit on the thermometer is a 2.

THP from now until April!

Winter is coming. Since Thursday we have around 3-4C which makes Golf a bit frosty. Nevertheless, I curbed in 9 on Friday, short game training yesterday, and again quick 9 today. Now off to a relaxed Sunday afternoon with my family.

Starting my winter sim swing work today. Elbow is good enough. I’ll put those dots on a couple of clubs and document a numbers baseline with my swing on gcquad. And then we’ll set some goals and work on a few specific items. Hardest part is avoiding the new club testing rabbit hole like I usually do. The other day Woody handed me the new Apex mb with the PX LS shaft. Nerd genes took over. Zero swing work. 😉

Tom's courses that I've played really impressed me because he wants to make the game FUN..... and he achieves that aim. So many designers think hard and difficult is a sign of a good layout -- what a lot of crap that is.

It was really cool having Tom explain his thoughts behind the design of every hole. From the steepness of bunker lips to contours of the greens to projected bounces around the fairways. One interesting tidbit I picked up: He said it is commonly understood that the best courses in the world have, for each nine, the two par 5's going in opposite directions, the two par 3's going in opposite directions, and a mix of the par 4's going in opposite directions. Thus, the natural contour and weather, on any particular day, will help one hole and hurt the other. Very interesting. He described how that philosophy went into the design of our course.

Had my full bag fitting at club champion yesterday. It was awesome, waiting on data to post my final thoughts. Booked 18 for today and 9+ for thanksgiving morning!

Well it's officially over for 2020: my golf season, that is. With snow on the ground this morning the course has decided not to open on it's final day.
Yeah, it's snowing to beat the band here in S.E. Michigan, this morning, too, with a temp of 33°F. So no golf/practice for me today. It's supposed to get back up into the high-40's to low-50's by mid-week, but they're also predicting a lot of rain, so we'll see.

I wasn't planning on playing anyway, since the first digit on the thermometer is a 2.
Aren't you guys up (over?) there on the metric system? That would be near 70°F to over 80°F :)

THP from now until April!
I'm going to look for things I can do to, if not improve, at least not lose nearly everything I've gained.

Had my full bag fitting at club champion yesterday. It was awesome, waiting on data to post my final thoughts.
Very cool :)

Booked 18 for today and 9+ for thanksgiving morning!
I was half entertaining the idea of trying to book 9 for T'Day, since the temp's supposed to be in the low-50's and that's currently predicted to be the lowest probability of rain, mid-week, but I think my wife would kill me
lol.gif

I'm hoping there'll be at least on more nice day before winter really settles in, being as I've a new driver arriving shortly, and I'd like to play it at least once before hanging it up until next spring.

THP, shopping, got some data on a few clubs, set the wife up on a nearby bay with a poorly fitting HB Turbo so she'd leave me alone and she wouldn't leave until she hit 120 ball speed 'on a good one' in her anti-golf outfit and shoes.

20201122_134849.jpg

finally got to leave and now we're headed home to hopefully watch some golf and epoxy some putters.

Yeah, it's snowing to beat the band here in S.E. Michigan, this morning, too, with a temp of 33°F. So no golf/practice for me today. It's supposed to get back up into the high-40's to low-50's by mid-week, but they're also predicting a lot of rain, so we'll see.

Aren't you guys up (over?) there on the metric system? That would be near 70°F to over 80°F :)

It's been snowing since I looked outside around 8:00 this morning. Yes, I believe that the official measurement system in Canada is metric, however as an HVAC technician I still work better in imperial units. The temperature this morning was 28F.

I'm going to look for things I can do to, if not improve, at least not lose nearly everything I've gained.
I am also going to look into some indoor sim time, if only for the sake of getting to swing a golf club every couple of weeks. I really felt this year that it takes me at least half the season to work off the winter rust so that I can really start scoring in the second half of the season. If I can somehow shorten that recovery time I would enjoy the season much more.

I walked 18 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy day. Chipping, and full swing LW stuff.

Chipping was from all around the green to three different cup locations. Most shots had a break to deal with. Hit 56 balls.

After that it was 60 yard LW shots. Also hit some flop shots too. I hadn't hit my LW in quite a while. Figured I should get reaquainted with it. Hit 28 balls.

Didn't have a lot of options, since the short game area was a little crowded. However, for some reason the chipping green was vacant.

Played 18, some range time. Need to clean the clubs.

Played 18 today!

Played 18 with my brother and son. The 8 yr old couldn't do 18. So, I called his mom and had her come pick him up at the turn. High note: he almost chipped in on 9. It rolled right over the cup. Just a little too much speed. It was an amazing day!!

and.........
🤣🤣🤣
Mixed bag. On the second hole (a par 3) my ball lipped out for what would have been my first ace. The early birdie was nice but I also had a memorable shank.. Lol

🤣🤣🤣
Mixed bag. On the second hole (a par 3) my ball lipped out for what would have been my first ace. The early birdie was nice but I also had a memorable shank.. Lol

😂 see I knew there was more to it than just played golf

Played a course near Naples named Valencia and it was a decent layout for the price. I played the 6658 tees and on a couple holes played the backs with my buddies son who was on the tips for the entire round. It was great to be in 85* weather and actually sweat a little bit outside after the early snow and cold in Minnesota. This par 3 was 217 yards for me and 245 from the back tees with wind in our face.

4974C4CC-6F94-4573-8566-E6936FF3E5DD.jpeg

Yesterday’s swing baseline session went well enough. Swing path has migrated to 2-3* I-O. Given everything is right to left, that wasn’t a surprise. Not sure what changed. My 1-2* O-I with little fades was kind of nice. I also spent time looking at ball speeds. 125 with 7i and 148 with driver. I think I should be able to get more out of driver. Also getting too much spin, typically 3500. IDK. Scheduled first of 3 planned lessons this winter for Dec 2. Setup a fun sim session tomorrow to play with new clubs. My inner nerd needs some love. 😍

Cleaned all my clubs and tucked them safely away until spring.

Played the revitalized Par 3 today with a friend and his son. They've done a good job with bringing the course around. It sits at the end of the airport runway so you get to see all the planes come it. Lots of private planes this week along with some military planes a couple of fighter jets practicing take offs and landings. Bob's son (who's 8) knew all the different military planes.
The course is 18 holes with nothing over 95 yds. Perfect for practicing your short game. The weather was great (high 60's) but windy. This worked out well for Bob's son and I, but Bob's shots kept getting caught by the wind and overflying the greens. His son almost beat him. If you're ever in the Myrtle Beach area and want a little short game workout or a place to take a budding golfer this is the place. They play oldtime rock music throughout the course. Kinda like Top Golf outdoors. They are also installing lights for night play.

A week or so ago I played 5, 18 hole rounds in 6 days. On the 7th day I was tired of golf. On the 8th & 9th days, I had body parts letting me know I had over did it. Even my feet were sore..

Since then I have been practicing just about every day, with a lot of that practice involving full swings. The down side is I have been in a bit of a ball striking slump. Way too many fatties. My timing, and tempo are messed up.

My first thought was to take some time off to let those sore body parts recharge. I didn't do that. I decided to play through it.

Today was no exception. 120 full swings with my LW to targets 60+/- yards a part from each other.

After that I moved to the chipping practice green, and chipped 36 more balls.

This is my plan, to keep swinging a club every day until my ball striking gets back to where it was prior to those 90 holes being played.

Back