What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Very slow today here as well. Almost 5 hours for 18 holes...brutal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I could not deal with that. My 13 holes took about two and a half hours which is normally what it takes me +1 to play 18.

Played Caledonia for the first time. As someone who usually plays munis or inexpensive courses it was certainly a step up. An incredibly beautiful course.

Hit a few balls today. Sadly cracked my brand new TSi2 16.5 fw. 5th ball, slightly low toe and I hear a horrible sound. Look at the face and there was a little white crack.

On the plus side of things....hit a buddies Wilson Staff blades with PX shafts. WOW.......incredible sticks. They are butter soft, even with PX shafts! Loved the flight and setup of them.

Didn’t get to play but was able to take advantage of my clubs’ Black Friday sale!!! Did some worrrrk in there haha.

Just finished some putting on the mat.

Had a good range session yesterday and today just worked on positions and slow swings in the house While working and watching some golf.

Played 18 then watched the match 3

Unexpectedly played I believe the final round of 2020. Had already cleaned up the clubs and put away in the basement when snow melted and temperature forecasted up to 50 F. Me and a couple other buddies had a nice enjoyable round, albeit slow (course packed) with no wind. Thought season was done but toes surgery on hold for the moment so took advantage of the opportunity.

Just easy chips today to three different targets, from all around the green.

Left, and right breaks. Up, and down hill rolls. One was a short chip where if I went 3' feet past the hole, the ball would roll another 8-10 feet down a hill past that hole.

After about 56 chips, i put in some time with my 7i.

To change things up a little, I gave my regular clubs the day off. Instead, I used my old TE Bazooka Ironwoods.

This time of year, the turf stays softer. (wetter) The wider soles on the ironwoods make me less prone to hitting fat shots. I plan on using them more often this winter for that reason. (4i - LW)

Played 18, cleaned the clubs and swapped bags back because a zipper broke on a pocket that is important.

Extended range session before playing 18. Hitting it well on the range but it's not translating to the course. In a serious funk right now and I'm looking forward to breaking out of it...sooner, rather than later.

got a driver shaft (hzrdus smoke) re-tipped...hit an apex pro 7i while i was looking around. fell in love.

Today’s golf item was to reminisce. It hit me how much I miss playing with people at my home course. Regular parters, league competitors, staff, everyone. I miss practicing next to the hs team. I miss those range rat moments where just about anything can and does happen. I even miss the quirky odd ducks. Sigh. Where is the fast forward button?

In between assembly of a new shed, I got some putting practice in on the backyard green and hit some shots into the net. Game needs work badly.

was gonna walk 9 and work on approach shots....but got to the course and it was still loaded up at 330 :(...paired with a rider and got 10 in.

Plaelyed 18 today.

Yesterday lots of short game training including a quick game on the pitch & putt course with the Misses. Today we had a pro lesson which really helped fine tuning a few things on my swing. Will be great to work on smoothing it out and transferring the new feel to higher speeds.

34 - 38 - 72. Drained a birdie putt on 18, after leaving one hanging on the edge on 17, to get back to even. My good round every other day streak is still in tact. Lol. 3 birdies, 12 pars and 3 bogeys.

Played 18 at my home course. Nice front 9, then I stumbled through the back 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5i practice with my Iron wood.

Short session. Only took 28 swings to be happy with my effort. 80% of my ball flights were more than acceptable.

Most of my misses were hooks to the left. Maybe 20 yards left, caused by a bad club face alignment at address issue. Dropped my rear shoulder on a few more for a few fatties.

As long as I followed my set up routine, ball flights were good. A few even stuck in the 10' diameter green.

Hit some balls off the mat in the back yard. Probably last time I'll get to do that until spring. At the very end I think I may have figured out what's been wrong with my driver swing. Maybe.

Back