What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Todays putting practice. A definite improvement on yesterday and overall. Also managed to bring my face variance down a bit. Took my time a bit more today a was stroking through the ball much more today (is that the right terminology?) rather than stabbing at it.
1File_jan27chirrp.jpg
2File_jann27heat.jpg

THP, organized gear, snuck in a quick 9, hit some clubs at the store again, and pondered the details of a couple orders for tomorrow.

Unboxed and drooled over my new putter, and then spent some time rolling putts.

What did you treat yourself to?
New Swag Suave Too with blue paint fill. It's beautiful! Posted a few photos over in the Swag thread...

Yesterday, in chilly weather, I worked on my green reading. Will probably do the same today.

Last week, after several years, our course rearranged the pin locations on the practice green.

Pretty simple practice routine. I study the roll of the green in front of me, , the green's stimp, and decide on the line I want to roll the ball on. I spent about 45 minutes doing this.

I left that course, and drove a couple of blocks to another course's practice green that I am unfamiliar with. Did the same routine.

Green reading, when playing for a score is a type of recognition thing for me. By practicing before hand, I see the breaks quicker, and easier.

My green reading practice also helps with chip, and pitch shots. Again, it's about deciding on, and hitting a line. Difference is there's a landing area on the line involved.

Walked 18

I tested some clubs - failed to spin the irons I ordered, lol, and hit some laughable RADSpeed shots, Epic Speed 4W was straight fire though. Then I played 9 and tested the new ProV's and hit a bunch with the blind test balls after (talk about a difference there). Then just some THP while I unpack boxes.

Played 18, THP'd, did a little cleaning/organizing in my golf bag.

Not much today. Too rainy to go to the range. I was hoping to try out my new 6 iron but maybe tomorrow. Playing 18 on Sunday.

Torrey Pines South Course in the sim. I t thought it was fun to follow the Farmers. 80 from the blue tees. That's an ornery course. Afterwards I hit the apex pro and i210 7 irons. the main thing I can tell about the apex pro is that I am not a fit for the elevate 95S shaft. I wish he had more shaft options. i210 with Project X LZ 6.0 is precise and consistent.

Went to Club Champion to play with some new gear.

This was my first swing with the driver..... Having not played golf in months, hit balls in weeks and gained a few lbs thanks to winter, I was rather happy with my speed. Lot of work to be done when the time comes, but not too shabby.

29CC7CB0-2D50-4DCF-89B0-68A2B224E2D1.jpeg

I played 63 holes.

Played 18 in the rain and wind, watched the Farmers, THP’d.

Walked 18

Not much today. Too rainy to go to the range. I was hoping to try out my new 6 iron but maybe tomorrow. Playing 18 on Sunday.
Is your range not covered? (genuine question) my closet range is mats and has heaters but I can go there in the rain. Admittedly I can't remember the last time I was there but do have plans to go tomorrow and hit balls as I actually have my first round in three months next week!

My day. Did my daily 30, Tried the Hurricane game mode (you have to average score above 90 for 8 random putts. I just made it!) Then did another 75 putts just because I was home alone and watching the golf on TV in the basement. I did have better face angle variance even though my score was worse on my 30. Not sure how that works!

Jan29th.jpg
Jan29heat_000.jpg
Hurricane.jpg

Is your range not covered? (genuine question) my closet range is mats and has heaters but I can go there in the rain. Admittedly I can't remember the last time I was there but do have plans to go tomorrow and hit balls as I actually have my first round in three months next week!

Not only is our range not covered, but the course is in a canyon so they usually shut everything down when it rains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back