What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

THP, played, watching the rest of today's coverage and gripping a couple clubs.

I conducted a 90 minute lesson for the girlfriend and I think she is hooked now. I loved seeing the desire to want to keep hitting better and better shots. I also slapped some solid ~250 yard 2 iron shots that I am looking to implement more regularly.

image.jpgWell this morning it is -44*C with a windchill of -54*C so my day will consist of sitting on the couch watching golf and surfing THP...but the sun is shining

I played a ragged 9 holes. The only bright spot was a chip in birdie on the par 3 8th after a horrible tee shot. Made my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to the range today with only a 7i and 4i. These were the first swings in almost 3 weeks; some of them had me questioning if it was actually 3 years.

I have no confidence swinging an iron right now; just don't feel comfortable standing over the ball for some reason.

I finally made some good contact toward the end, but it was some kind of ugly early on.

Played 17. Ran out of daylight and the group in front of us were stupidly slow. We had figured we were only going to get 15 in so getting to 17 was a bit of a bonus anyway. Been raining here a lot of the week and the course was very wet. Had a lot of fun and a few good shots. Was definitely good to get out again after a 3 month break.

Played, checked shipping on some clubs, THP'ing and watching today's coverage. Only got to hear about it until now.

18 holes on a simulation playing Innisbrook! Would love tonplay this in real life!

Swing practice and watching the waste management open last night

Playing golf with this girl! @xThor she said did my dad ever say thank you?!?! She named him Mr Turtle.
1291293D-A65F-4118-9544-8AF45C9FC545.jpeg

Just some THP today. Browsed some drivers.

Wrote a release article 👀

CPM’d some shafts

Doing some voice over recording,

Played 18 and THP'd a bit.

Practiced with my neighbor over at LPGA. We did a lot of short game and then each hit a huge bucket of balls. I felt like my swing was really solid today. Felt good, sounded good and looked good.

Put my neighbor on my Mevo and he was hooked. He’s a scratch player who plays with 20yr old blade irons. He switched between his clubs and my CF19 irons. He loves those clubs.

Went in for a full fitting. Only did irons and hybrids (was gassed after those, going to do driver in 2 weeks)
Hit Apex, Apex Pro. TM790, Mizuno tour, Srixon zx5 and ping 425.
Srixon ZX5 with modus 105 regular was by far the best for me. Ordered 5 through gap. On hybrids hit the TM sim, cally Apex, and ping.
TM sim was the winner by a long shot.
Also bought a mizuno M craft II in black because @Jman likes to spend my money.

my biggest takeaways from today was, when your old, 2 hours of non stop hitting hurts 😈. Was surprised I got better distance with the modus 105 than the recoil or the elevate 95. It was probably just me but I thought the standard apex looked bulky compared to previous apex and the pros looked much smaller than previous pros. Neither worked great for me but that happens with golf clubs. The adjustable SIM hybrids are the cats meow.
Excited to get back in 2 weeks and find out what driver will be the best for me.

I hit 8 irons into my net for about 20 min. Unfortunately my net broke for the second time so I will have to replace it.
I have been thinking of trying to build something more durable.

played 18...THP'd...looking at tee times for tomorrow

Lots of THP, some picture taking, YouTube video catch up, and have a couple things ready to pull apart when the wife goes to sleep. If I'm going to suffer a mini-winter, might as well get in winter mode and go shaft swapping.

In order.

THP’ed
Watched the golf channel
Did Superspeed swing training in the garage
Went to Dicks. Hit G425 4 hybrid (liked it) and bought 2 pairs of Adidas golf shorts and 2 Nike golf shirts.
Ordered Titleist Nantucket visor from TGW over lunch back at home
Went down to the basement and worked out while watching last years Pebble Beach final round
Hit 100 puts on practice putting green in basement
Chipped 100 times into chipping basket from 20’

Was off today, wife at work and both kids away at school, hence the above.

The place where I take my lessons also has a fitness/stretching area attached for a whole game approach. I did a stretching thing today and man oh man what a difference. My left hip is always tight since I had a labrum repair on it a couple of years ago. I went through 45 minutes of stretching exercises and it is the best it has felt in a long time. I hit some balls when I got home and it felt so fluid and powerful. I would highly recommend something like this for anyone playing golf. Especially if you are over 45-50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally lifted some of the Covid restrictions and the indoor golf sim place was open. Went after work and played 18 with a co -worker and our boss. Played Grey Wolf and had a great round. Granted it was a sim round but felt great swinging the clubs again. It is a course I have played numerous times over the years but haven’t played in about 5. It crazy how well I remember each hole and can even remember shots I have hit there over the years. C350CFD1-AD00-4ED2-8A7C-558242DDE7D5.jpeg

Back