Reaction score
Handicap
+

OldandStiff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I THP'd, little club work, didn't hear back from a couple people I need info on to make some club decisions because this area is basically non-functioning because of weather, watched a couple YouTube videos, pondered putting the net up in the backyard after I shovel snow tomorrow.

Chasing72

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What app or what putting program are you using? Whatever it is, it looks awesome!
You're the 2nd person to ask today.

It's called Chirrp. it's a mat with sensors that connects to an app (IOS or Android) and gives you all these readouts etc. Also has different practice modes. I backed it on Kickstarter and now they have launched officially. I love it. Also the creator is super responsive to feedback which has been good too.

Chasing72

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Todays practice. Just did a straight 50 putts at 6ft today. But for the last 15 I adjusted the stimp from 12 to 9 which is the first time in 1500 putts I've done that. Definitely makes a difference! Face variance was all over the place though.
Feb17-6ft30.jpg

Feb17heatmap.jpg

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15.4
Played 18, THP'd, received a new Caddy Daddy Claw glove.

Chasing72

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just a very quick session tonight. Stuck to 6ft again. Wish I'd stopped at 12! Still felt good to from cold and get a 12 streak though
Feb18000.jpg
Feb18heat.jpg

WLG1952

Reaction score
Handicap
Yesterday we took the hour drive to Kingman AZ, and I played the Cerbats Cliffs GC. This, while my wife visited friends. It was a get out of the house type short road trip thing. Even picked up some lottery tickets.

Not a real hard course to play. Probably been 4-5 years since I played it last. For $45 it's a bargain.

Shot an 85 (41/44) with 32 putts. Not bad for the effort. A few of the greens fooled me, plus there was a chilly breeze to deal with.

Got to stand on the tee box that's next to I-40, and let the truckers blow their horns at us during our swings. Some things never change. 7

Of a more pleasant surprise, I found another Zone One putter in a bargain bin for $10. I had previously used the same type/model putter for over 20 years, until it became unplayable. I will be giving this new found putter a work out over the few days. It just might find it's way into my bag.

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Heading out in a bit to go to the local Pro Shop and pick up my reshafted Bettinardi wedges, a New Epic Speed, and three driver shafts that I had retipped with the Callaway OptiFit 2.0 adapters.

GoldenBuff

Energetic funhog, happy nerd
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6-8
Back home, I spent a hour on the sim at my favorite local establishment. Played La Jolla. Game is in good shape for this point in the year. Mostly need spend time dialing in partial wedge distances and there are still a few over-swings that don't help. Need to keep looking for my focused calm. Good luck with that GB. I have 2 hours scheduled for Fri morning and will do some swing work.

Rolled the new Mizuno putter shapes. V is tempting. Great feel and nice roll. Funny that I didn't see these anywhere while in Colorado.

joshuac3

Reaction score
THP’d, pondering, and hit a bucket of balls. I’m a bit surprised that my driver (which is from 1997) performed the best today.

My ponder is for irons and/or lessons. My web fitting from Ping suggests that I need a 2-3* flatter lie on irons and mine are super old anyway. The question is whether to wait to buy irons after a lesson package or to go ahead and get a set with some customization prior to lessons.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in