What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

did a TM fitting for woods...my swing wasn't quite there but it was a good experience. hit a few different head and shaft combos...waiting for the email with my info and i might order something...

Played 9 this morning in really windy conditions. A tree fell down last night next to the practice green and nearly landed on the clubhouse.

I had to break out my emergency windbreaker that’s been in my bag forever because it was “SoCal cold”. That’s probably normal golf temps for the rest of the country, but we just aren’t used to it.

802aa0004b178163ad694224d57ab9e4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played golf with my dad for the first time ever. He's in his 60s and I'm in my 30s. First time he'd played since I was a toddler and I just started last year.

I shot a 90 (my personal best is 87) and his scoring was expectedly poor but he had some really great hits and drives, I think he was decently satisfied with his performance after the first few holes. Great weekend.

Played a round on Trackman. New sim course: The Reserve at Moonlight Basin. If you get a chance, play it. The course is built into the side of Lone Mountain just a little south of here. The ball will roll and roll in all sorts of directions. Great fun. I will play there this summer. Can't wait.

More writing! Been about 6 pieces in the last couple days! 🔥

Played 9 holes with the family, THPd, watched the end of the WGC.

Now grilling dinner while watching Champions Tour and drinking beer

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Played 3 sim rounds today. Each round got progressively better, so that was positive. It was a lot of swings!

Played 18, cleaned the clubs. Searched for a new bag.

I watched some You Tube golf blips today. Not out of necessity. Just wanted to do it. Wasn't looking for anything.

Maybe an hours worth on chips/pitches, and Tiger's warm up routine. He sure makes it look easy.

Took my last set of Bettinardi custom wedges into the local golf shop to get reshafted, along with a Tour Edge 3w 17* fairway wood.

Worked on the sim for a while. Not satisfied with the practice session. Indoor sim ate three of my golf balls again.

Got most of my clubs re-gripped and today they were ready for pickup.
I was using Winn Dri-Tac's, great feel but they wore pretty fast.
I went with Lamkin TS-1 this time. Oddly my 6 iron & my 4 hybrid Dri-Tac grips were still brand new. I could probably quit carrying those 2 clubs as I never seem to be at the right distance to use them.

Taking an off day counts as golf stuff with how hard I’ve been going recently.

Booked the first tee time of the year for this weekend (y)(y)(y)

Booked a tee time for after work tomorrow.

I built some clubs this week and with a little bare ground in the yard, I hit a "few" today. Probably spent 2 hours working on chips and pitches and was never able to get usable contact dialed in. But the intermediate and full swings felt pretty good. Distance control was surprisingly close.

Regardless, it really felt good to hit some shots outside.

Walked 18

Walked 18 holes.

Went and played this am and the swing is coming around.Driver was off, kept flipping to the left and that was me. First try with using Hot melt for weighting, gotta make some adjustment. Shot 79 so there's that, but thats because i chipping once for birdie, make a couple of bombs to save par.

I’m stuck in Columbus OH for training for the next 3 weeks so went to PGASS and tried the new odyssey white hot OG #1WS stroke lab. Ok haven’t used a blade in years and I loved this putter. And I still love my EXO 7s but might have to buy this after training is done.

Also almost bought a pair of Puma NXT disc spike less on sale. So if anyone goes to this location please don’t buy them on the clearance rack. I’ll hope they are still there next week.

Played 18, cleaned the clubs.

The snow is all gone from my yard and the temp today was in the mid 40’s. I set up my outdoor net and hit some 7 irons into it. First balls I’ve hit in 4 months. Going to the driving range tomorrow, playing on Monday!

Back