What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

General driving range session. I haven’t been to the range in weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked golf, and watched golf, and resisted playing golf, and shopped golf, and made a tee time for the morning I might regret.

I went to the local par 3 with the idea that I was going to play the course. I was the only one out there so I played six balls at once, which made keeping score impossible. I just worked on some short game stuff and tried to enjoy having the course to myself.

Gonna play today!!

Played 27 holes and got in a 30 minute range session. With rounds today and tomorrow I will have 6.5 rounds in for the week. :) My watch is telling me I’ve walked 37 miles the last three days and 90% of that has been on the course.

Stunk it up in a weekly two-man scramble

Had a very good range session with the irons today. Focused on grip pressure and only taking my back swing back half way and loading from there. Saw really good results. Did a little putting practice with 5’ putts and in.

Played 18, need to clean the clubs.

Walked another 9 with the new ZX7s. Still amazed at -- and thrilled with -- the 4-iron. Starting to really enjoy and see the benefit of the V-sole. I'm an old-fashioned 8-iron chipper so still trying to adjust to chipping with the lighter shaft (Modus 120 vs S300).

Cleaned clubs and regripped 9 iron. It’ll be nice to have 14 clubs in the bag again!

Watched golf and did a little chipping and putting practice

Played 27, cleaned 'em, organized a couple bags, pulled some heads for work later, and am watching today's coverage.

Called for a tee time but they were booked until 6:30. Went to practice chipping and as I was done. I was asked to play the back 9 with a threesome that I have played with before. Shot a 40 didn't drive the ball direction-ally very well. But my chipping was on point:)

Had a quick visit to the club before Golf TV coverage.
Thought i might sneak in 9 holes or at least get to hog the green by arriving just before what's commonly lunch time.
Nope, it was like a minor ant hill out there. Can't blame them, first sunshine in a week.

Anyway, got a small bucket, managed to spot a gap between groups to sneak in for holes 15-18. Tried to make the most out of them with a little solo 2 ball scramble for par-bogey-bogey-par.
In the process, learned that playing the 177m par 3 as a very short par 4 might make it safer, but not necessarily easier. Out of bounds right, everything slopes left. Hard to find purchase on the short grass, and you're down in a valley with the green some 15ft above your ball even if you do (or 30-40 if you roll down to the next fairway), guestimating where and how hard to hit the ball.

Got back and finally had room to do what i had intended: hurt myself with pull back putting and stableford putting / chip-&putting drills :)

Played 9 holes, getting use to new irons and woods. Shot much better than last round, old back can only take 9 holes.

Have tee time at 11:50am this morning at Fox Bend in Oswego, IL.

ZpUBJyq.jpg

Preparing my clubs to play this afternoon

A little feet together swing practice with my trusty 9i. Wanted to get my torso moving a little more. Ribs are beginning to feel a little better. Just as long as I don't over cook them.

After that, more chip, and 1 putt practice. I really like this routine. It seems to make me focus more, trying to get the ball into easier 1 putt range.

To finish up I took some time to look at my stance, and ball position as far as the ball being below, or above my feet.

There's been times when standing over a shot, that I thought I had a level lie, when in fact it just looked level.

Now I don't know how uneven the situation has to be to be an issue with ball flights. Just going to pay a little more attention from now on.

Played 18 this morning, just got done cleaning the clubs. Wiped the bag down and the shoes.

Played a tournament, won a trophy, and booked another 18 for tomorrow.

Range session today with the kids. My 11 year old is having a rough time. My 7 year old chipped in off the practice green twice. But all had a fun evening.

Spent the morning testing three driver shafts against my Hzrdus black TSi2. Ended up sticking with the Hzrdus.

Walked on to the course late this afternoon and got in 14 holes. Hit some really nice shots with the new ZX7s, including an 8-iron approach to 2 feet. Sweet!

Back