What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played 18 in a cart. I think I'
m getting lazy. Played with a couple of tourists. Good people....

Shot an 86 using my new TE Blades for the first time. Hit a few stinkers with them, but there's that light at the end of the tunnel. First time using the new irons in a for real manner.

Made a few nice putts to save a few strokes. My 7w also helped me out of a few tough spots.

We had a good time.

Put away net and hitting mat and rolled up the putting mat. Cleaning is dumb!

Bought a new CBX2 50* and took it to the range.

Putting work and garage sim work

Played, THP, clean 'em up, put a bag together to try tomorrow if the stars align and I get to play.

I made a tee time for tomorrow afternoon at one of my favorite courses. All of a suddden I'm slightly more excited than I thought I was going to be :D

Snuck out for quick 9 this morning. Had to scratch the golf itch :LOL:

Changed my putter grip finally to a Rosemark 1.52 MS. Feels great in the hands. Might be the best decision I have ever made or the worst. Will see when i test it on the course once this lockdown is over!!!!

Played 18 yesterday evening

Booked 18 for Saturday with Mom & Dad, woohoo!

a little foreshadowing, @mmaynard11 and I are teaming up tonight in my club's E9. 2 man 9 hole scramble gross skins. Going to be F.U.N!

Hit 56 balls with my pw, and sw to the 10 foot practice green. Made good contact on about 48 of my swings. The 8 poor ones were fatties. Brain farts, trying something different for more distance. Most flew on, or near my line to the pin.

It was a little warm out on the direct sun. Maybe 95 degrees. No wind. Pretty much perfect weather for me. Hitting turf was green, thin, and dry. Might try playing 18 later this afternoon.

After that, I hit a few more balls with those Mizuno clubs I found yesterday. They play pretty well. I will put them on my diy flex board later to check that out. They seem a bit stiff. They're intriguing to say the least.

a little foreshadowing, @mmaynard11 and I are teaming up tonight in my club's E9. 2 man 9 hole scramble gross skins. Going to be F.U.N!
Just an FYI...Ill be having fun relying on your good shot making abilities. :ROFLMAO:

Watched golf vids online. No golf this weekend, but fire pits, cornhole and family will fill the void. Should be a good weekend.

Cleaning my clubs for two rounds in the next couple days

Short range session with my new 3-wood, Tour-Edge HL E521.... Took me 8 swings to figure it out. This thing gets the ball in the air almost too easily compared to my old cobra lol. Once I made that adjustment, I ripped off 9 bombs in a row straight as an arrow probably around 230-240. I called it a day after that, because I skuffed up my knuckles at work today and they started to bleed lol. Time to fill up the old piss jar to heal these suckers up lol.

Went ti the range hit 80 balls. Slight distance loss in irons but still seems like a lot in the driver. But the driver was going closer to 230+ vice the 210+ that my fitter stated. And we had a ton of reason and hail yesterday.

Organized clubs, THP a bit, played 9 a tee forward with some Honma blades, watched part of the women's ACC tournament, and am going to put some wedges together when the wife heads to sleep in a bit.

Got out for the first round of the year today. Just wanting to get swings in, and wanted to be on the course instead of pounding shots at the range.
Showed up for my 1:20pm tee time, and was one of 3 cars at the course.
Teed off early, out by myself (Covid regulations here restrict all activities to "own household" only).
While on the 2nd green, I see another single in a cart racing up the hole, so I sat back after I finished so he could pass by.
I don't really get the concept of racing up on people, and then not playing any shots on the green and just picking up.....

Didn't do anything outstanding. Scorekeeping was out the window, hitting multiple approaches and putts, just trying to find my legs again.
Its been almost a year since playing last, my body has completely forgotten how to swing a club, how to chip..... and sadly how to putt.

Honestly, I won't be going back to this course unless I am using free passes. I bought 8 discount passes a year ago, and still have 7...... paid full price today to support them, but at $23.50 for a muddy/damaged course, I just won't do it anymore. Used to play here all the time, played league and all that, but in the 3 years since I stopped playing there, things have gone downhill. Need a ball washer? Good luck. The stands are there, but they haven't had washers on them in 2 years. Fairways all kinds of torn up to fix drainage and sprinkler systems. Fees go up, maintenance goes down, atmosphere goes down, and eventually usage goes down..... how do they compensate, raise the fees again.... rinse repeat.

Attended a putting clinic at my club. It was helpful, especially for learning to really use my feet to read greens. I always knew how to use my feet a little but i didn't really understand it and this clinic helped explain it well.

Also, breaking the putt into thirds and thinking about the most break at the hole.

I'm hoping that this limits my 3 putts in the future.

Got a late evening 9 holes in today With my wife. Not too hot out and an empty course Makes for some great practice.
8A42BF21-064B-4FE4-BA80-3C78BF2E3429.jpeg

Back