What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Will be picking up my irons today from the shop from being tweaked.

I played 18 at a new course yesterday evening

Sim round tonight and it was a good one! +1, just crazy solid ball striking!
6269CBA1-4C1E-4570-85EF-0D5A3791800B.jpeg

Hit a few balls at the range in the AM. Game is still quite messy feeling.
Prob gonna schedule a lesson. Usually I grind it out, but I need a second pair of eyes.

The best thing about AZ summers is getting 9 in late in the aft. 17 bucks and play all you want till dark. Today was just practice hitting different shots enjoying the evening.

Was the cart driver for my son‘s scramble today. He played well and won the longest drive contest. Also was on fire with his wedge today. Now he loves his Ping Eye 2s.

Range session, followed by bunker practice and putting.

THP, played 18, couple YouTube vids, watched part of the college championships.

Played golf, well, attempted to play golf.....first team match last night against the strongest team in the division and we managed a draw overall

I lost my match on the 16th hole after making a good up and down to save par, but my opponent made a birdie to take the match - a couple bad shots at the wrong time and some bad luck on my part and good luck on his (which he openly admitted) meant I saw my lead disappear and I just couldn't get it back

Walked 9 after work and checked in on my shaft order.

Ordered a new 56deg wedge online: Cleveland Wedge RTX-3 CB
Currently carrying 52 and 56 wedges that i was gifted... what, 6 years ago? by people who introduced me to golf.
They started out looking older than me and haven't gotten any younger. Will be interesting to see if i notice any difference aside from the obvious nicer looks ;)

Went out early this morning at sun up to beat the heat. It was still in the mid 80s, but not a problem. Had to dodge a few irrigation sprinklers as they popped up. I'm not very good at that in warm, humid weather

I had put together a smaller bag of clubs last night for a road trip. Saving some room.

Going to travel with my 3W, 7W, 2 Ironwood, 5i, 7i, and 9i blades. Wedges will be my 52* AW, , and 56* SW. I will also take two putters to accomodate any weird green speeds I might run into.

So, this morning was to get use to this new bag make up. Different length swings, opening club faces, flop shots, punch shots, and a few other possibilities I might need to use.

I've played short bags before, so it's nothing new. Just reacquainting myself to a different mind set.

Garage sim work and some putting

I had a pretty fun day... A hot day, but a really fun course. I'll be bringing my clubs with me every time I come out here in the future.

Snapchat-629627865.jpg

Forced The Masters to send me the annual "We're sorry but no tickets for you, pal" email. Played 18. Watched Golf Channel coverage of U.S. Women's Open.

Ordered a new 56deg wedge online: Cleveland Wedge RTX-3 CB
Currently carrying 52 and 56 wedges that i was gifted... what, 6 years ago? by people who introduced me to golf.
They started out looking older than me and haven't gotten any younger. Will be interesting to see if i notice any difference aside from the obvious nicer looks ;)
Was it new, like, in the plastic new? And what loft and bounce did you get? I really liked those 3 CB's.

I had a pretty fun day... A hot day, but a really fun course. I'll be bringing my clubs with me every time I come out here in the future.

View attachment 9011238
Bali Hai!!

Like that pin placement. I'm usually over there, but the pin isn't. Lol

I called Cleveland Golf to find out what is taking my CBX2 so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP, put together a wedge, got it bent, put a bag together for tomorrow, and watched the rest of the NCAA championships I started the other night.

Was it new, like, in the plastic new? And what loft and bounce did you get? I really liked those 3 CB's.
Should be a new stick, fresh out of the wrapper. Bought on clearance.
Loft is 56°, 1 to 1 replacement for my current SW.
Bounce is 11°, going with the vokey idea of bounce cutting hackers like me some slack on their shots.

Just got notified: might get to me tomorrow, woo! :giggle:

Already went out and got my practice + 9 holes in for the day before watching the Memorial coverage.
Really enjoying the coverage at the moment, commentators are very positive and having fun.

Last edited:
Have 11:30am tee time later this morning. Playing with a friend at Golf Cub Of Illinois. Will be gaming new bag and putter.

5JAy8P4.jpg

I was en route to the driving range at my local club, and instead made a spur-of-the-moment decision to make a quick turn and play the 9 hole executive course across the street from the 18 hole course. 8 par 3's and one par 4 on the course. I carried my bag for the first time in at least 30 years. I played the first two holes at +4 by after badly pulling my tee shots, made an adjustment, and then played the next 7 holes at only +2. If anything came out of this, it's that I'm shopping for a push cart to start walking the course more.

Back