What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Have 11:30am tee time later this morning. Playing with a friend at Golf Cub Of Illinois. Will be gaming new bag and putter.

5JAy8P4.jpg
I love your love of betti

Just some more early, before sun up practice. Kind of nice having the whole short game area to myself. Probably 80*F @ 5am.

Worked on some awkward lies to a full size green, 40+/- yards away.

Practice bunker had a hard crust to work off of. This is not an uncommon condition to run into. Bunkers get sprinkler soaked, then sun dried the rest of the day.

Hit shots off wet (sprinklers) turf. Choked down on the 7W for some easy 100 yard punch shots. I like using woods of wet turf, as they don't dig in like an iron would.

Practice green was really wet, so the speed was extra slow. A ball rolling, throwing off a rooster tail is kind of fun to watch.

Hopefuly tomorrow, I will be playing some road trip golf on a new to me course I just happen to run into.

Some THP this morning and then have a 4pm tee time after work to try and get all 18 in before dark.

Booked a 6:30am tee time for Sunday. Expectations low!

Wrote my to do list for tomorrow so I can play on Sunday.

Great practice session with my son at LPGA today. Great conditions and no one around. Got in a nice 2 hrs before the rain came. I’ve been working with the ball and chain thing and has helped my swing. 55778C76-A532-4496-AE44-9E23D1310F89.jpeg

Walked 18 and now watch the US Women's Open.

second day at the range, and i think today was even worse than yesterday. lesson on tuesday, REALLY good round on wednesday, then back-to-back days of feeling like i have no f-ng clue what i'm doing. why do i play this stupid game? WHY?!

2 putting practice sessions, one morning at a course with faster greens and one early afternoon with slower greens. Working to dial in visual alignment with a slightly changed stroke/release and consistent tempo for better distance control. Also sold all of my putters but one. I am trying to force myself to stick with one. And, of course, I can't stop thinking about buying another putter. Geez.

I played a terrible round of golf yesterday. On a positive note, the slice is gone. I need to work on my short game... iron game... wedge game.

Hit some balls and reshafted my irons…lol

2 putting practice sessions, one morning at a course with faster greens and one early afternoon with slower greens. Working to dial in visual alignment with a slightly changed stroke/release and consistent tempo for better distance control. Also sold all of my putters but one. I am trying to force myself to stick with one. And, of course, I can't stop thinking about buying another putter. Geez.
Who are you ??!!! :eek:
So what did you keep? I'm intrigued now.

Watched Memorial coverage and got caught up on some much needed THPing

Lots of rain in the area, with a bit of electricity mixed in. Should have gone out in the morning to get my golf in, but was hoping to get my new wedge.
Not getting the wedge either: shipment delayed to monday.

So i do what i can do: balance a driver on my fingers, watch the Memorial and get all the golf clothing cleaned.

Played the local chip and putt with my wife. It was her second time out. She hit a guy, but she also had a par and a few bogeys, so it was a net win. And she agreed to go back again!

Played 18, need to clean my clubs.

Played 18 this morning. Just got back and I am watching the Memorial right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 holes this morning, women's golf on TV now.

Regriped an old driver and put a jumbo grip on my putter, getting ready for Monday 8 am tee time.

Went out to make up for the lost time yesterday :)

Practice/Range, then went to the back 9. Didn't see anybody start there for a while, but i must have missed a couple sneaking by the practice area. Played the 10th regularly with noone in sight, walked up the 11th tee and suddenly there's people in the fairway. Played the rest of the round with 2-5 balls for practice. Heck, i even found most of them.
It was my first time on the back 9 playing just a few irons and wedges, and i ended up learning a lot about what troubles are in or out of play without woods/driver.

Played 18 yesterday and now switching between the Women's US Open and the Memorial

Back